Geno Thorpe - COMMITTED TO SYRACUSE | Page 34 | Syracusefan.com

Geno Thorpe - COMMITTED TO SYRACUSE

Van Horn was very underrated. He was a very good player on the Nets and then had some trades, injuries, and was out of the league at 30.

When is Thorpe on campus? Was it today?
Started his visit yesterday. It would be great to hear some good news this weekend. Considering he's looking at Pitt and SU, I think it's very possible.

This isn't your best post Dasher. A guy playing in a scrub team getting most the shots vs a guy in the ACC playing on a team full if scorers.

I think Thorpe will ultimately prove to be better than Howard... but the scoring stats mean very little. If Frank were on USF last year he would have scores just as much if not more.

If Frank took more 3's, his % probably goes down. You can make your argument about the counting stats...not about the %'s though.

Dear Jim,
Close, kindly.
Thanks!
tee
closingdealonthephone.gif

Dear Geno,
Sign on the line which is dotted.
Many Thanks!
tee

I agree. I want Thorpe to come but I just don't expect him to be this world changing player that seems to be going around.

Between the Slovakian more athletic Van Horn, the amazing Thorpe, the top 8 pick Battle, the two and doner Thompson, and the flute playing basketball wizard Moyer it seems like we're a lock to win the title if I were a stranger reading this board.

In all reality with Thorpe or not (I'm guessing we get him) we're a bubble team in the bottom half of the ACC. A lot needs to go right for us not to be on the bubble, when I say a lot I mean more than I can even imagine.

Defense may not be an issue as it was last year but just because it's not as bad as last year doesn't mean it's automatically good this year. We have a LOT of new players coming in, that's tough for the zone. We have one outside shooter who was a third option last season. Battle will be fine but it does concern me that the defense is going to be all over him every game. That happens Thorpe turns into a volume shooter, not sure what happens to his numbers if that's the case. Without outside threats the paint is going to be locked down by opposing defenses which is going to hurt our talented front court.

This season just doesn't look any better than last to me.
I think for the most you're on they das here. However I think if things go right then this team could definitely be better then last year but it also could be worse if things go terribly. Also I think you're hyping people's hype on our players and team a little too much but I see your point. It's a lot of mystery and unknown but that'll be fun I naxsense, especially if it turns out good.

He did play with a guy who shot 50% from 3 and was a volume shooter.

I don't see the shooting less either, outside of Battle we don't have a guy who can be a consistent knock down three threat outside of POSSIBLY Marek. Thorpe is going to shoot and think that's a big reason he's on our radar.

Im not impressed with his numbers but as I've said we need him just to have more options.

A great point guard who has a great lead player on the team should be able to win more than 7 games in the AAC. It makes me question Thorpes ability to run the point.
I was just looking at their stats because I only remember watching them once last year. The kid that shot 50% only played in like 3 games for some reason. It seems the two other perimeter shooters they had were Bibby and Holston. Bibby shot 390 from 3 on 100 attempts which surprises me and the other kid was hovering at 30%. Thorpe took 350 shots, 100 shots more than the 2nd guy on the team. With Battle and TT on our team he probably takes closer to 250 shots for us.

He did play with a guy who shot 50% from 3 and was a volume shooter.

I don't see the shooting less either, outside of Battle we don't have a guy who can be a consistent knock down three threat outside of POSSIBLY Marek. Thorpe is going to shoot and think that's a big reason he's on our radar.

Im not impressed with his numbers but as I've said we need him just to have more options.

A great point guard who has a great lead player on the team should be able to win more than 7 games in the AAC. It makes me question Thorpes ability to run the point.

One would argue Markelle Fultz should have helped the Huskies to more than 9 wins last season, but here we are. Not comparing the players, just emphasizing that it's a team sport - not one or two players. As such, circumstances surrounding the team can affect the individuals just as you suggest the opposite.

One would argue Markelle Fultz should have helped the Huskies to more than 9 wins last season, but here we are. Not comparing the players, just emphasizing that it's a team sport - not one or two players. As such, circumstances surrounding the team can affect the individuals just as you suggest the opposite.

Your right, and he should have and that does show there is more to the argument than just the record. If it was just the record and his numbers were excellent then I'd probably let it go, but with the numbers and the record it raises the eyebrows a little.

I want Thorpe in orange and we do need him but his impact is debatable.

Your right, and he should have and that does show there is more to the argument than just the record. If it was just the record and his numbers were excellent then I'd probably let it go, but with the numbers and the record it raises the eyebrows a little.

Agreed. I'm not sold on Thorpe's immediate impact, but Syracuse is a much better situation for him to flourish if able.

Agreed. I'm not sold on Thorpe's immediate impact, but Syracuse is a much better situation for him to flourish if able.

Staff obviously thinks he will have a significant immediate impact or they would not be recruiting a one year player.

In general, I trust the staff on evaluating talent even if sometimes the recruiting strategies are debatable.

I think Frank would have to make a huge leap to start in front of this kid.

Fultz team lost to Yale. A great pt guard from a p-5 conference should never lose to Yale. Fultz must suck. He probably isn't much better than Howard. Howard has never lost to Yale.

This one was all about getting the visit scheduled and I don't mean on his end. I am glad its officially a done deal now. We finally know the teams make up. I hope that Thorpe and Dolezaj can get to campus sooner rather than later so the guys have more time together.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tucker

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom