Geno Thorpe - COMMITTED TO SYRACUSE | Page 35 | Syracusefan.com

Geno Thorpe - COMMITTED TO SYRACUSE

This one was all about getting the visit scheduled and I don't mean on his end. I am glad its officially a done deal now. We finally know the teams make up. I hope that Thorpe and Dolezaj can get to campus sooner rather than later so the guys have more time together.
It's a total relief ... as we were looking THIN up top. This fills lots of holes .. scoring, floor leadership .. he's got good size and he can shoot.

?
brand.gif

Agreed. Hopefully I can fill some holes this weekend ... Golfing of course
Um yes (not exploring the other comedic opportunities there ;) )

This is great news ... having a proven player/scorer up top that's 6'4 next to Battle ... now we're getting back to the kind of size we've had at the top of some of our better zones. I know hope springs eternal .. but we have some nice options on the front line ... and good size inside, especially if Chukwu and Sidibe can contribute. That would take the team to a different level, as TT could slide to PF (where he belongs) and we'd have Moyer/Brissett/Dolezaj to fill the 3 and back up TT.

Last edited:
4 guards! 3 possible PG options! :cool:
Who would have thunk it ... we've been on such a recruiting roller coaster lately. Fantastic news .. huge improvement in guard depth. But since Geno's new to the zone, you raise a good point (ala Gillon), that while he's a proven veteran he's also NEW to the zone. So you're right on -- the sooner he gets on campus the better. He can eat/sleep/and drink the zone for 4 months.

Last edited:
So basically a class of Moyer, Thorpe, Marek, Sidibe, Wadhington, and Oshae. Not too shabby ...

And Hughes but we wont see him play for a while. 7 guys covering every spot from 1-5 and each one with at least the possibility of playing more than one position.

So, many of you know that there is a history of us getting important recruits to commit on days that my husband has surgery. There have been 3 so far, all last summer. So, on Wednesday night my husband got the call from the Dr. that he needed another kidney stone surgery, and guess what...it was this morning and commit #4 on a surgery day has arrived. Hopefully my husband has gotten us through a slump and his "talents" will not be needed any longer, lol!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom