Geno Thorpe - COMMITTED TO SYRACUSE | Page 31 | Syracusefan.com

Geno Thorpe - COMMITTED TO SYRACUSE

I don't really see why some people doubt Thorpe. He basically shoots 40% from deep, and almost 90% from the line. Geno played some zone, and yes the AAC has UCon, but has good competition. His team was awful, yeah.

Still, he's obviously a good player that can play both guard spots. The Frank pessimists should be thrilled to land him. I have faith in Frank, but Geno is a good player.

I don't have many question marks when it comes to him. The zone isn't rocket science. He's tall enough, can shoot, slash, and score. Also, his D looks to be solid. No doubt in my mind that he will be do just fine in the ACC. I really hope we lock him up by this weekend. If Frank can't handle it, then so be it. HW will step right up.

I'll be thrilled if we land him because I'm not confident in Frank at this point. But I wouldn't discount the step up in competition from the AAC to ACC or necessarily say the zone isn't rocket science based on what we saw last year. That being said, I think he would be a very solid addition and we need him badly imho

I'll be thrilled if we land him because I'm not confident in Frank at this point. But I wouldn't discount the step up in competition from the AAC to ACC or necessarily say the zone isn't rocket science based on what we saw last year. That being said, I think he would be a very solid addition and we need him badly imho
Good morning Geno glad to have you on campus. Can we get you anything? Coffee? Bagel? Pen?

I have no inside information, but I would truly be stunned if we don't get good news. Seems like he could have made a decision before this, if he wasn't waiting for us.

I wouldn't say he made his decision beforehand but he wants to be in a better situation than Pitt and has been patient with us by waiting even if that took some convincing. His patience has paid off and he's going to see how much of a better situation SU is compared to Pitt. So yeah I expect him to be orange very shortly.

I wouldn't say he made his decision beforehand but he wants to be in a better situation than Pitt and has been patient with us by waiting even if that took some convincing. His patience has paid off and he's going to see how much of a better situation SU is compared to Pitt. So yeah I expect him to be orange very shortly.

That's what I was trying to say, but you said it much better.

Thorpes' mom today on campus: So Coach Boeheim, if my son attends you are promising National exposure, huge crowds, a possible starting position, over 30 mins a gamer vs nations best competition and you won't leave my son at the airport or elsewhere? We are in!

beyond the fact that the young man is from Pittsburgh, he would be nuts to go play for that bum Stallings and that dumpster fire of a program. Let's hope for some good news in the next day or two!

He will be a great fit. Plays both the 1 and 2. Plus we need some senior leadership

beyond the fact that the young man is from Pittsburgh, he would be nuts to go play for that bum Stallings and that dumpster fire of a program. Let's hope for some good news in the next day or two!
Pitt is the ACC team left out of the ACC/B1G challenge, so that can only help.

This will be a good weekend. Close this and get to work. Should be March or bust this year i do not care about the current talent or last years woes.

This will be a good weekend. Close this and get to work. Should be March or bust this year i do not care about the current talent or last years woes.

What do you mean about not caring about the current talent?

What do you mean about not caring about the current talent?

Just trying to avoid the typical "lacking talent" responses to anyone who's glass half full about the upcoming season. We have what we have, and thats two NBA calibre players, potentially a proven guard commodity and a lot of talented youth. We also have a hall of fame coach. I expect to make it back to March this year, time for JAB and the squad to prepare.

Just trying to avoid the typical "lacking talent" responses to anyone who's glass half full about the upcoming season. We have what we have, and thats two NBA calibre players, potentially a proven guard commodity and a lot of talented youth. We also have a hall of fame coach. I expect to make it back to March this year, time for JAB and the squad to prepare.

Yeah, I agree. I have no clue what this team will be. Thorpe would help but mysteries will abound. I respect that you choose to be optimistic. I choose to firmly believe this season will never not be interesting.

Chemistry will be a huge key. I think that should be improved.

Yeah, I agree. I have no clue what this team will be. Thorpe would help but mysteries will abound. I respect that you choose to be optimistic. I choose to firmly believe this season will never not be interesting.

Chemistry will be a huge key. I think that should be improved.
Thorpe and Battle are players we can count on per past history. I would include Taurean but I really think he's gonna be very defensive minded this year because a- he wants to help team b- he wants to prove critics wrong c- he wants to get NBA ready and d- he seems very willing and coachable. The others with much potential, are yet to be seen. It could be a great scenario.

I don't really see why some people doubt Thorpe. He basically shoots 40% from deep, and almost 90% from the line. Geno played some zone, and yes the AAC has UCon, but has good competition. His team was awful, yeah.

Still, he's obviously a good player that can play both guard spots. The Frank pessimists should be thrilled to land him. I have faith in Frank, but Geno is a good player.

I don't have many question marks when it comes to him. The zone isn't rocket science. He's tall enough, can shoot, slash, and score. Also, his D looks to be solid. No doubt in my mind that he will be do just fine in the ACC. I really hope we lock him up by this weekend. If Frank can't handle it, then so be it. HW will step right up.

I doubt him because before his 37% shooting he shot 30%. Free throws are nice but he doesn't shoot 90%, he shoots closer to 80%, that doesn't bother me because 80% is good but he isn't a 90% shooter.

What really bothers me with him though is his 2pt %. 40% is putrid and his assist to turnover ratio is garbage.

I'm not sure he is much better than Frank Howard.

All that said, I welcome him, we need depth, but my expectations are very very low.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom