Georgetown - Ewing dilemma.. | Syracusefan.com

Georgetown - Ewing dilemma..

Sad that they did beat the Orange in December.
SU is 3-4 vs Georgetown since leaving the Big East. And the Hoyas are going on their third head coach in that time frame if this report is accurate. And Georgetown has a losing record overall during that period with only two tournament appearances. They did play some conference games as a ranked team in 2014-15.

SU is 3-4 vs Georgetown since leaving the Big East. And the Hoyas are going on their third head coach in that time frame if this report is accurate. And Georgetown has a losing record overall during that period with only two tournament appearances. They did play some conference games as a ranked team in 2014-15.
The three wins were ugly games we could be 0-7 vs them.

Ewings players actually care about that game and get up for it and play their best ball of the year against us. Our guys don't. I hate that game.

The three wins were ugly games we could be 0-7 vs them.

Ewings players actually care about that game and get up for it and play their best ball of the year against us. Our guys don't. I hate that game.
I feel like our guys get up for the game... They just crap their pants and the zone and our inability to break pressure plays right into their hands..

If the new Hoya coach doesn't have a direct connection to the past Syracuse-Georgetown rivalry I can see Syracuse saying we don't want or need to continue playing this series.

It would suck to lose the last game to Georgetown. Play them next year, beat them in JB's likely last season and then stop the annual series.

Why? What does Boeheim being replaced have to do with Gtown and Ewing?
I'm just stating that the change has to happen now. 2 more years of a coach way past his prime like Bowden at FSU and then a bad hire means a decade of misery.

The ACC being really bad is reason alone to not think twice about changing it up. We shouldn't have to be patient with the next guy anyone competent can win right away.

If the new Hoya coach doesn't have a direct connection to the past Syracuse-Georgetown rivalry I can see Syracuse saying we don't want or need to continue playing this series.

It would suck to lose the last game to Georgetown. Play them next year, beat them in JB's likely last season and then stop the annual series.
I think we should be playing them about 4 times per decade. Take a couple years off between home and homes.

I want to play series on campus against programs like UCLA again.

I think we should be playing them about 4 times per decade. Take a couple years off between home and homes.

I want to play series on campus against programs like UCLA again.

A big name program or a big name program 3,000 miles away where we no longer recruit?

We might set the program back 10+ years if we don't make the move from Boeheim right now when the ACC is terrible and miles behind the other top conferences even the NBE. Georgetown would win games in the ACC.

Weve already set it back that much.

A big name program or a big name program 3,000 miles away where we no longer recruit?

If we hired Jason Hart would you rather play a series against UCLA or Georgetown?

We gain nothing by beating Georgetown (even if we were beating them) and should drop that series forever.

Who is getting the Town job if Patrick is done? Do they make a godfather offer to Ed Cooley? Can they extract Pitino from Iona? Amaker?

Will it be Ironic if the terrible loss to Georgetown winds up being the difference between a winning and losing season?

If that does occur I would go after Aminu Mohammed with everything I had if I were JB
Maybe a Quincy Guerrier, declare for the draft and then transfer if there's no interest from the NBA.