Georgetown - Ewing dilemma.. | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Georgetown - Ewing dilemma..

I'm in the minority but I hate this game. We have moved beyond them on the college athletics landscape - we gain nothing from beating them, and nationally the game comes off as two over the hill programs sitting in the bar recalling the glory days that are no more. I get it this weekend honoring Pearl and JB during the game, but my sincere hope is that when the school takes the program back from JB we tell GTOWN call us when you are relevant again.

As someone who was their when Thompson grabbed the PA microphone I have to say this is the one team we should play every year, I don't care if both or either team is relevant.

I'm in the minority but I hate this game. We have moved beyond them on the college athletics landscape - we gain nothing from beating them, and nationally the game comes off as two over the hill programs sitting in the bar recalling the glory days that are no more. I get it this weekend honoring Pearl and JB during the game, but my sincere hope is that when the school takes the program back from JB we tell GTOWN call us when you are relevant again.
Yep...I imagine for the younger casual viewer is has the feeling of when I watched UCLA in the 90s. I'm like...I don't get it. What's the big deal?

Perhaps, they may be thinking the same thing. ;)

While I don't disagree, they did beat us last year so to assume we will beat them is quite the reach.

While I don't disagree, they did beat us last year so to assume we will beat them is quite the reach.
I didn't say we were beating them and have made no such assumption. In fact I'm leaning the other way on the result. Doesn't change my belief that this game does us no good other than nostalgia.

As someone who was their when Thompson grabbed the PA microphone I have to say this is the one team we should play every year, I don't care if both or either team is relevant.
Georgetown Syracuse matters because for a period of time it was THE rivalry in college basketball. It eclipsed UNC/Duke because of the media eyeballs that the Big East got during that period.

It will always matter to some and to that, play em every year.

Georgetown Syracuse matters because for a period of time it was THE rivalry in college basketball. It eclipsed UNC/Duke because of the media eyeballs that the Big East got during that period.

It will always matter to some and to that, play em every year.
Yup. Our Georgetown historic moments are far greater than with any other program, including Yukon.

Right!!! 5 or 6. Doesn't even remember how many. How is that even memorable? Just kidding. That was probably the single most memorable game ever, but it seems like almost Georgetown game left some kind of mark after it was over.