Georgetown - Ewing dilemma.. | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Georgetown - Ewing dilemma..

They hired a guy they can’t fire. If 0-20 doesn’t get you fired, nothing will.

So It appears Patrick will be back, but two assistant coaches were fired, and Louis Orr’s role will be changed (my guess is he will no longer going out to recruit). Most of us understand Orr’s ineffectiveness as a recruiter. He and Bernie were terrible as a team and it led JB to replace them with Hop and Troy.

They are also looking at hiring a bench coach to help Patrick and the new assistants will heavily focus on recruiting.

So Georgetown is admitting Patrick can’t coach and he can’t recruit - he’s essentially the Queen of England - a figurehead.

What a mess. I actually thought he was going to be a decent coach.
Ewing got an extension after winning the BET last year.
That’s the only reason he wasn’t fired this year.

I guess Georgetown does this for different groups (teachers,military, etc) for their non-con but inviting all DC residents through a tweet seems like a new low lol

Regardless of the SU/Georgetown rivalry, as a Knick fan, I am a Ewing fan. I also respect rivals who are/was competitive and as an individual appear to be a decent person. So, I wish Ewing well and do not rejoice in his failure as a coach.

I guess Georgetown does this for different groups (teachers,military, etc) for their non-con but inviting all DC residents through a tweet seems like a new low lol
On the one hand, man this is sad/pathetic. On the other, it's probably a good, practical way to attract new fans/families who may not have otherwise attended. I can't imagine there would be more than like 2-3k people in the stands normally for Siena.

Regardless of the SU/Georgetown rivalry, as a Knick fan, I am a Ewing fan. I also respect rivals who are/was competitive and as an individual appear to be a decent person. So, I wish Ewing well and do not rejoice in his failure as a coach.

Yeah. I spit on Georgetown, but I do like Patrick. It's too bad he's a disaster as a head coach.

On the one hand, man this is sad/pathetic. On the other, it's probably a good, practical way to attract new fans/families who may not have otherwise attended. I can't imagine there would be more than like 2-3k people in the stands normally for Siena.
Siena has played a pretty competitive early schedule. Harvard, Florida St (Siena won by 17), Mississippi, Seton Hall (lost by 5) and now Georgetown.

Siena has played a pretty competitive early schedule. Harvard, Florida St (Siena won by 17), Mississippi, Seton Hall (lost by 5) and now Georgetown.
No doubt. I meant it more towards the total
apathy of the Hoya fanbase as opposed to a dig at Siena.

A decent person? Twice in college, not once but twice, he grabbed opposing centers around the throat. Screw Ewing.

Obviously, I want to curb-stomp them every time we play, and I'm sure I'll catch wrath from some for what I'm about to say, but I think college basketball as a sport is better when Georgetown is relevant.
No wrath, but I just don't agree.

Its not like the GTown fanbase is anything special.

GTown as Evil Empire made the sport better, agreed, but I don't think it was specific to GTown. It was specific to Thompson and, unfortunately, he's not coming back. There will be new "evil empire" type teams that hopefully come up. Houston and Sampson is slowly creeping on the list

A decent person? Twice in college, not once but twice, he grabbed opposing centers around the throat. Screw Ewing.
the HORROR.

Pat Ewing is the reason the Big East went to 11. Sure Pearl, The Dome, Chris, funny looking coaches contributed. But it was 3 final fours in 4 years for the Town that took it to a new level.

College basketball is better when Georgetown is lurking. I'd argue the same with Syracuse too.

Maybe the new SU coach can bring him
In to coach big men
Blasphemer.jpg

The guy was subjected to more abuse, most of it racially based, than any player of his era. In retrospect, it’s amazing he didn’t lose it more often.

Neither time did it have anything to do with abuse.

Siena beat Seton Hall by 5. They played well in the Orlando tournament. Georgetown is favored by six but I expect Siena to play them straight up. Will be interesting to watch.

I said a couple weeks ago that Ewing's days were numbered. It will be interesting to see if they let him go before the end of the season.

Obviously, I want to curb-stomp them every time we play, and I'm sure I'll catch wrath from some for what I'm about to say, but I think college basketball as a sport is better when Georgetown is relevant.
Gotta be honest I think the only people who care if Georgetown is relevant is SU fans.