Georgetown Game... | Page 16 | Syracusefan.com

Georgetown Game...

March flipped Hiltz. March was hired Sept 2019, Hiltz flipped a month later.

Correct that's why I said if Desko is back I assume March will be, only Roger's would likely be gone. Should have probably clarified that

Correct that's why I said if Desko is back I assume March will be, only Roger's would likely be gone. Should have probably clarified that

It's been a long day.

Hicks to the DL. Someone named Ryan LaMarre is the call up for him.

German went 6 IP / 4 H / 2 BB / 6 K tonight.

It's been a long day.

Hicks to the DL. Someone named Ryan LaMarre is the call up for him.

German went 6 IP / 4 H / 2 BB / 6 K tonight.

Not much in mlb ready outfielders at AAA right now. Makes the Tauchmann trade look worse by the day.

How about waiting a few minutes until after the wake.

No idea who's coming back, no idea who's graduating and/or transferring.
Hey now, I didn’t start the theme he did, blame him.
Im just a curious young man that likes conversation.

Iso ball killed this offense. All you need to do is look at the losses. Defense an issue yes, but team offense was non existent in the losses. Dragging your defender behind the cage and just trying to iso against them killed our offense. Scanlan is and was a black hole on offense - ball moved to him and then died. Dodge, draw the double and spin the ball - with Hiltz on the inside and all those shooters on the outside, it should have not been an issue. Regarding next year - move Curry off midfield to attack and take advantage of him being on the field with Hiltz and Seebold. Curry's ability to dodge and pass is underrated.

Sorry - our first midfield was not even close to as good as advertised - Curry has nothing but a speed dodge from up top and somehow Dordevic , who used to have a nasty split dodge has a two step grandma dodge and roll back - they are so scouted

maybe the most disappointing season in 15 years - pushed around in every aspect of the game

And the D - here’s a sobering statistic - we gave up 100 goals in the last 5 losses - yes 100 goals

wholesale change is needed ASAP

Reading through this game thread was about as frustrating as watching the game itself. Comment after comment ripping the players, particularly the defense and goalie. Guess what - Cuse had FOUR count 'em 4 goals in the first half. And...they had only 4 goals at the end of the 3rd quarter.
How many games do you win with 4 goals through 3 quarters??

I'm sick and tired of hearing about the defense and goalie when the offense was absolutely horrific. I honestly don't know how Porter and the D could keep going out there to face shot after shot while the O couldn't do anything. And the D and Porter had to face more shots thanks to dumb penalties - Georgetown got 3 extra man goals, Cuse zero. Gee - the defense and goalie had to add 3 EMO goals against to their stats. And Porter had 15 saves in a game where he and the D were under constant pressure. And face-offs were 50/50.

So let's put this one in perspective - 4 goals by our offence in 3 quarters!! And I don't really believe the attacks and middies should take the heat for this - we have too much talent on offense - the blame is on the coaches and March in particular.

The seniors on this team had to fight through so much this season. Porter, Rehfuss, Trimboli and Dearth were warriors. I refuse to believe that the players are responsible for any of the significant problems. These seniors will be tough to replace but I'm sure they won't be sorry to see the end of stupid comments about them by bitter, frustrated fans.

Anyone with any intelligence should recognize that coaching is THE problem here.

Wildhack should announce Monday Desko has decided to retire, anything less is malpractice. Time for him to step up, period. To many major sports going to S under his watch.
It's true, football coming off a 1-win season, basketball masking 7 straight mediocre/bubble regular seasons with miraculous NCAA runs and lax now an also ran. JW might be looking at replacing 3 coaches in the next year. I wonder if he regrets leaving TV. He's presiding over a mess.

Reading through this game thread was about as frustrating as watching the game itself. Comment after comment ripping the players, particularly the defense and goalie. Guess what - Cuse had FOUR count 'em 4 goals in the first half. And...they had only 4 goals at the end of the 3rd quarter.
How many games do you win with 4 goals through 3 quarters??

I'm sick and tired of hearing about the defense and goalie when the offense was absolutely horrific. I honestly don't know how Porter and the D could keep going out there to face shot after shot while the O couldn't do anything. And the D and Porter had to face more shots thanks to dumb penalties - Georgetown got 3 extra man goals, Cuse zero. Gee - the defense and goalie had to add 3 EMO goals against to their stats. And Porter had 15 saves in a game where he and the D were under constant pressure. And face-offs were 50/50.

So let's put this one in perspective - 4 goals by our offence in 3 quarters!! And I don't really believe the attacks and middies should take the heat for this - we have too much talent on offense - the blame is on the coaches and March in particular.

The seniors on this team had to fight through so much this season. Porter, Rehfuss, Trimboli and Dearth were warriors. I refuse to believe that the players are responsible for any of the significant problems. These seniors will be tough to replace but I'm sure they won't be sorry to see the end of stupid comments about them by bitter, frustrated fans.

Anyone with any intelligence should recognize that coaching is THE problem here.
Tend to think our talent was ultimately a little bit overrated. We have a number of one dimensional players on offense, simply a lack of talent on defense and an average FOGO. But, sure, when you’re really not as talented as you might think, coaching comes into play in a big way. We lack cohesion and playmaking. We often play undisciplined. Just a mess.

It's true, football coming off a 1-win season, basketball masking 7 straight mediocre/bubble regular seasons with miraculous NCAA runs and lax now an also ran. JW might be looking at replacing 3 coaches in the next year. I wonder if he regrets leaving TV. He's presiding over a mess.
ESPN lately looks a lot like many of our sports programs. He wouldn’t want to go back.

Perhaps Wildhack needs to go.
This will indicate what he is made of. Dithering in this situation is the surest way to drive the program into the ground from which it will take years to recover, if ever. The question is: Does he have the courage to do what is needed?

This will indicate what he is made of. Dithering in this situation is the surest way to drive the program into the ground from which it will take years to recover, if ever. The question is: Does he have the courage to do what is needed?
Doubtful. Appears to be more fan, than boss.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom