Georgetown ... you're on the clock | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Georgetown ... you're on the clock

So with the new chancellor being a Georgetown grad, that should only HELP get this done, right? Certainly can't hurt, anyway.

Just got a text that said this was a done deal.

Edit- Followed by another text that said "details still need to be worked out, but gtown wants it"

I thought she read it online or in the paper or something. She prolly just heard that we were trying to get a deal done. nothing to see here.

Last edited:
So with the new chancellor being a Georgetown grad, that should only HELP get this done, right? Certainly can't hurt, anyway.
I didn't realize he was a Georgetown grad. I must say I very much appreciate our fans when compared to SEC fans. Tennessee hired an AD that had been working at Alabama. A fair number of fans (obviously the vocal idiots) were convinced the only reason he wanted the UT job was so that he could sabotage their athletic programs. How delusional is that?

F Gtown. I'm ok with St. Johns and Nova. But why let Gtown stay relevant? Next year, they will have to curtain off the upper level of Verizon, with that crap schedule. Why give them a full house? I don't trust them not to screw us on allotment. We have new, great rivals all over the place in the ACC. Agree want to have a presence here (and have lived in DMV for 35 years) so sign a deal with Maryland or Geo Mason. (We used to play both GW and American here at the old Fort Myer gym, for you youngsters). New Chancellor, OMG. In the law, we call that a failure of the "conflicts check". F Gtown.

From the ESPN article:

"Georgetown could not be reached Thursday afternoon for comment."

Seriously? :rolleyes:

d7b91bfe4d38581bde1ebb383ef317ae.jpg

Believe it or not, Georgetown isn't at home.
Please leave a message at the beep.
They must be out or they'd pick up the phone.
Where could they be?
Believe it or not, they're not home!

4 at the carrier dome,4 at Verizon center and 2 at msg would be perfect

We're giving them a home and home?

I say 2 in the Dome, 1 at MSG, 1 at their boring, cookie cutter arena. If they don't like it, they can go play Towson or something.

So GTown responds:

"Georgetown has been, and is very, interested in seeing a series with Syracuse become a reality,'' Georgetown athletic director Lee Reed said in a statement via the school's sports information department.

So this is getting creepy: We hire a GTown grad to be our chancellor and they hire Lou Reed to be their AD.

http://www.syracuse.com/orangebaske..._officials_indicate.html#incart_river_default

I like that this is getting done BUT not a big fan of the commentary regarding why it is not already a done deal. St. Johns and Nova are in the same conference Georgetown is and they got on our schedule. I am pretty sure each team has found a way to schedule a host of non-conference games. Saying things are a little hectic and thus one of the top rivalries might take some time to figure out...not buying it. Should have been the first deal signed and then figure out how to adjust the rest of the non-conference slate for both teams.

I like that this is getting done BUT not a big fan of the commentary regarding why it is not already a done deal. St. Johns and Nova are in the same conference Georgetown is and they got on our schedule. I am pretty sure each team has found a way to schedule a host of non-conference games. Saying things are a little hectic and thus one of the top rivalries might take some time to figure out...not buying it. Should have been the first deal signed and then figure out how to adjust the rest of the non-conference slate for both teams.
Absolutely!

But you do have to consider the source of the comments.
Mr. Potatohead sounds like he's just shoveling.

I hope the contract is evenly split 5 DC and 5 Dome. The hatred and rivalry only remain present if Georgetown is seen as an equal. If we try to pull a Joe Paterno on them it won't work.

This. Anything perceived as skewed toward SU makes us look bad. Let's keep it real. SU basketball got to where it is in significant part because of its rivalry with Georgetown. I know you red-meat GTown haters won't like it, but any arrangement other than equal standing makes us look like jerks. Recruits would take notice for a generation or more to come.

This. Anything perceived as skewed toward SU makes us look bad. Let's keep it real. SU basketball got to where it is in significant part because of its rivalry with Georgetown. I know you red-meat GTown haters won't like it, but any arrangement other than equal standing makes us look like jerks. Recruits would take notice for a generation or more to come.
I can't say I agree that such an arrangement would affect recruiting, I personally just don't want them to have any excuses when we take 8 or 9 of the 10.

So GTown responds:

"Georgetown has been, and is very, interested in seeing a series with Syracuse become a reality,'' Georgetown athletic director Lee Reed said in a statement via the school's sports information department.

So this is getting creepy: We hire a GTown grad to be our chancellor and they hire Lou Reed to be their AD.

http://www.syracuse.com/orangebaske..._officials_indicate.html#incart_river_default
Lee Reed was hired in 2010 (his educational background is Cleve. St. and U of New Mexico). Unfortunately, it didn't take him long to buy into to the GT hate machine, and within a year he hatched the "Gray-Out" -- a ticket give-away scheme aimed at excluding SU fans from the Verizon.

Im praying that this cowardly policy will be discontinued before we set (step) foot in that building again.

Last edited:

d7b91bfe4d38581bde1ebb383ef317ae.jpg

Where could they be?

This might be the greatest post in the history of the syracusefan.com board!

"Anything ... skewed toward SU", huh? ... Did you forget that GT won't even sell us tickets! That's pretty "skewed", don't you think? You should be asking how recruits view GT.

Last edited:

Where could they be?

Too funny because the first thing that popped in my mind was this. Clearly, Gtown is George here. They should be happy for whatever we offer.

I'm hoping the hold-up to this getting done is when the game will be played. I'd prefer the game to be late January through mid-February myself. The December dates just don't say "rivalry" to me.

Cheers,
Neil