Georgetown | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Georgetown

Rooting all the way for Duke. Hate hate hate Georgetown. Always have always will. Especially with Ewing coaching. Biggest POS to ever play the college game. Should have been arrested twice for assault while in college. Screw him and Georgetown.
I’m with you. I don’t like duke but it’s not even close to Georgetown or Yukon

Well, considering he's one of the most skilled bigs in the nation...

He was forecasted last year to be a first round pick but was quoted for his reason stay in school and transfer to Georgetown saying
“My goal is not to just be a first-rounder. I want to make an impact when I get there. I’m not 100 percent ready for that.”

I’m with you. I don’t like duke but it’s not even close to Georgetown or Yukon

Usually the same, but I'll admit I was rooting harder against Duke in the 2004 Final four game than I was against storz.

I don’t think I’ve been to one we’ve lost. If you ruin my mojo, I will @ck you up.

On a side note, let me know if you need anything - I’m staying with my sister who you met at Atlantis.

Ohhh man.. we've been far over due for a reunion for a while. I land Friday night, like 6:30pm. Got a one way ticket to DC and a game ticket. I'll figure the rest out when I get there lol

that's a bit misleading. It was the refs and Duke 81, Gtown 73. never seen one team get every 50/50 call as well as every 10/90 call.

The call where Ewing got the technical was a brutally bad call. And of course there were several other bad calls that went Duke's way, too.

Playing in a place for recruiting purposes is way, way overrated. That sounds like a concept from the 1960’s.

But if you have to play in DC schedule GW or George Mason. And playing in DC has nothing to do with Baltimore. These are two completely different markets.

You kill me with this stuff. Life is a moneygrab. And we grab a lot of money at these things.

We ain't playing at the Patriot Center.

A money grab based on nostalgia for a past that is more distant every year.

It does help Georgetown because normally they draw very poorly at the Verizon Center. This is one of the few games that has people sitting in the upper deck.

We would be better off scheduling more strategically to get ready for the ACC (the real) season.
Playing in a place for recruiting purposes is way, way overrated. That sounds like a concept from the 1960’s.

But if you have to play in DC schedule GW or George Mason. And playing in DC has nothing to do with Baltimore. These are two completely different markets.
If we played GW or George Mason in their buildings, the arenas would be filled with their students and fans and few SU fans could get in. Unlike the much larger Verizon Center, where Cuse fans help to fill their arena. You should call into JB’s Radio show and suggest this, and you’ll get laughed off the show. You should also tell him that he’s following a program and recruiting strategy from the 60s. I’m sure you’ll get an earful at the stupidity of your comment. We recruit the Baltimore and DMV area heavily and want to be able to tell parents that they’ll be able to watch their kids play in person close to home we’ve season. Not playing as many games in the Philly and DMV areas is one of the things that have hurt us since we left the Big East—and it’s bad for the Orange Nation fan base as well.

Most importantly, JB loves the rivalry and so do us fans. Gtown is very much improving under Ewing and will be a force in the Big East going forward.

Last edited:
If we played GW or George Mason in their buildings, the arenas would be filled with their students and fans and few SU fans could get in. Unlike the much larger Verizon Center, where Cuse fans help to fill their arena. You should call into JB’s Radio show and suggest this, and you’ll get laughed off the show. You should also tell him that he’s following a program and recruiting strategy from the 60s. I’m sure you’ll get an earful at the stupidity of your comment. We recruit the Baltimore and DMV area heavily and want to be able to tell parents that they’ll be able to watch their kids play in person close to home we’ve season. Not playing as many games in the Philly and DMV areas is one of the things that have hurt us since we left the Big East—and it’s bad for the Orange Nation fan base as well.

Most importantly, JB loves the rivalry and so do us fans. Gtown is very much improving under Ewing and will be a force in the Big East going forward.

Actually I have heard Boeheim reluctantly agreed to playing the games against GU. He said he understood the ADs objective in scheduling it (its a money grab that takes advantage of those with their brains stuck in the old Big East.) The subtext of his comments was that he would prefer not to play them. So you are wrong about your wild-azzed guess on what his reaction might be on a phone call.

You are also wrong about the impact of playing locally. That’s more old school thinking. Kids now watch these games on TV and location of the game has little impact.

If we have to play old Big East rivals, we should play one a year rotating between GU, Villanova, SJ, UConn and Seton Hall. Last I checked they were all in areas we recruit. We have no DC players on the current team. In fact, I’m pretty sure that Philly has been much more important.

Georgetown needs this game a lot more than SU does. The Verizon Center is half empty even for important Big East games. You might want to tamper your enthusiasm for their resurgence based on two games. At one point they trailed Mt St. Mary’s by 19 and Georgia State by 8 this year.

If you are interested in getting attention in DC and MD, SU should play MD. Terp fans in DC outnumber GU fans by about 20 to 1 conservatively.

There’s no good reason to play this game but the money. And that’s why it is played. It’s a distraction from getting prepared for the ACC season. And as a result, it’s a bad idea.

You kill me with this stuff. Life is a moneygrab. And we grab a lot of money at these things.

We ain't playing at the Patriot Center.

So play Mason at the Verizon Center. Syracuse fans would get better seats.

Or play Villanova which is in an area we have gotten some our best players in recent years.

If Syracuse were to schedule rationally with one eye on getting ready for the ACC season and the other on Resume for the tournament, this game would rarely be played.

I wonder who will get those calls when we play the Hoyas????????
We've been getting bad calls since Bill Smith hit a ref in the 70's (or when Dick Paparo reversed his Georgetown call.)

Louie Orr is an asst’t for the Hoyas.
Actually, he's no longer known as "Louis" Orr.
He changed his name when he took the G-town job.
He's now Benedict Arnold Orr.

So play Mason at the Verizon Center. Syracuse fans would get better seats.

Or play Villanova which is in an area we have gotten some our best players in recent years.

If Syracuse were to schedule rationally with one eye on getting ready for the ACC season and the other on Resume for the tournament, this game would rarely be played.

We are never going to play Mason. That's dumb. Villanova is a good argument.

Big East road wins are good.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SyraFreed

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom