Class of 2014 - Georgia Recruit Cortez McDowell | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 Georgia Recruit Cortez McDowell

does he have an offer from us?

Watched that whole video. Understanding what a highlight video is about, that is one of the better ones I have seen in a long time. Impressive.

How is he not being offered by every SEC team at this point? I hope SU goes after this kid hard.

I'm sold, and would love to see this kid land at SU.

Reminds you a little of S. Thomas with those hits. I'll take him.

We should make a thread about this kid named Robert Nkemdiche, saw him play this fall, good size, his highlight tape looks good, we should get a commitment!

We should make a thread about this kid named Robert Nkemdiche, saw him play this fall, good size, his highlight tape looks good, we should get a commitment!

So you are being a douche to people who are talking about a player with an SU offer on a recruiting board. Makes a lot of sense. Just because your in the know about who we have a shot with and who we don't doesn't mean the rest of us do. That's why we read this freaking forum.

How about in the future when you know something, say something along the lines of...
"guys, I don't think we have any shot with this kid - we are nowhere on the radar"

Anchorman-well-that-escalated-quickly.jpg

Our chances at Cortez are less than 50/50 ... I don't see him going to SU.

So you are being a douche to people who are talking about a player with an SU offer on a recruiting board. Makes a lot of sense. Just because your in the know about who we have a shot with and who we don't doesn't mean the rest of us do. That's why we read this freaking forum.

How about in the future when you know something, say something along the lines of...
"guys, I don't think we have any shot with this kid - we are nowhere on the radar"
Lighten up, Francis.

Anyways, I'm not in the know at all on this kid. I do know it's unrealistic to expect a kid with a Georgia offer who hasn't said one peep about Syracuse to come here to play football.

Lighten up, Francis.

Anyways, I'm not in the know at all on this kid. I do know it's unrealistic to expect a kid with a Georgia offer who hasn't said one peep about Syracuse to come here to play football.

Exactly my point. I don't know that he has or hasn't said one thing about SU. That's what this board is for.

Lighten up, Francis.

People choose schools for different reasons there smart guy. You think any football school in America that was bad and got good didn't get a kid who had offers from perceived bigger schools because they wanted to get away from home for school, because they wanted a certain major, etc.?

Stop the know-it-all act. It was old when you began posting here, and it's still old now.

Everybody knows we don't recruit Georgia anymore. Must have been a courtesy call.

He says Syracuse is his first offer yesterday yet Rive-ills has him with at least a dozen big boy offers. :noidea:

He says Syracuse is his first offer yesterday yet has him with at least a dozen big boy offers. :noidea:
Yes, kind of an odd quote. I took it to mean that he was being visited by SU today, and that they were his first offer, not that they just offered today.

He says Syracuse is his first offer yesterday yet has him with at least a dozen big boy offers. :noidea:

No. He is saying that SU was the first school to ever offer him. Looks like we offered him last year.
Y'all just need to learn to talk southern twitter.

Are we not supposed to discuss recruits who have been offered but might be a stretch?? Can't say I understand that line of thinking.

Are we not supposed to discuss recruits who have been offered but might be a stretch?? Can't say I understand that line of thinking.
I think it is ok to discuss, actually encouraged by most. Some who have more connections to the program may say there is no chance, and I respect that, and mostly believe them, but the fan in me holds out hope that Coach Shafer and McDonald can open some of these kid's eyes to SU. The fact that he tweeted about SU is a sign that we are no longer a joke, and we may have a slight chance this year to get some of these big time players. I will gladly accept the dissappointment of losing out on these kinds of players. It's better than being dissappointed over not getting a two star guy with no BCS offers.

Watched that whole video. Understanding what a highlight video is about, that is one of the better ones I have seen in a long time. Impressive.

How is he not being offered by every SEC team at this point? I hope SU goes after this kid hard.

I'm sold, and would love to see this kid land at SU.
Ditto......kid knows how to tackle hard leading with the shoulder, yet can play just about any position on the field. No showboating, speed, great hands, vision, and always makes the first guy miss. This is one of the few videos I have watched throughout, kid showed all the parts of his game.

yep. i look like an now. welp. not the first time.

People choose schools for different reasons there smart guy. You think any football school in America that was bad and got good didn't get a kid who had offers from perceived bigger schools because they wanted to get away from home for school, because they wanted a certain major, etc.?

Stop the know-it-all act. It was old when you began posting here, and it's still old now.
I am tired of the nay sayers, we don't stand a chance, we don't recruit Georgia anymore, can't compete with the big boys, etc. etc. etc.

Why are we building a new multi-million dollar practice facility? For CFL players? Didn't our University make the hard choice and make a bold move to join the ACC? Doesn't that start July 1st? Read the article that the Giants put out after the draft. They said they FOCUSED on the BIG SCHOOLS in this years draft! Well, since we were 2 of their first 4 picks including their #1, I think they were referring us boys. WE ARE A BIG PROGRAM, and time we all start acting like it.

Go get him SS. This kid should be honored to play for our historic program! Otherwise, see you on New Years Day!