Class of 2014 - Georgia Recruit Cortez McDowell | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 Georgia Recruit Cortez McDowell

yep. i look like an now. welp. not the first time.
I can't speak for everyone, but I appreciate that you are much more connected to the program than most. You can't be right all the time, in this case, I am sure you are happily wrong, and I hope you are completely wrong on this one and this kid has genuine interest and we have a greater chance than any of us could have imagined.

Not an a-hole, just passionate about the Orange, we all have different views of how to get there, and for the first time since 2000, I think the University has the Coach to do it.

Well I came off looking like a self-righteous - so I guess we're even ;). Love all the 'inside info' on here but it does feel like there are a bunch of unwritten rules - I'm all for standards though so I'll figure them out over time.

I am tired of the nay sayers, we don't stand a chance, we don't recruit Georgia anymore,

Since I started the Georgia post, I figure I may as well comment.

That argument got unbelievably convoluted. The post was asking if Illinois was going to be to this staff what Georgia was to the previous staff. And if it was, I wasn't a fan of that strategy.

This somehow morphed into the staff doesn't recruit Georgia. I just let that thread die b/c once people who have zero concept of a recruiting budget chime in, it is hard to have a convo.

Based on everything I have seen from the staff thus far, it is obvious to me that Illinois is more important to this staff then Georgia. Which is completely fine b/c that is where the staff's strengths are.

That argument got unbelievably convoluted. The post was asking if Illinois was going to be to this staff what Georgia was to the previous staff. And if it was, I wasn't a fan of that strategy.

This somehow morphed into the staff doesn't recruit Georgia. I just let that thread die b/c once people who have zero concept of a recruiting budget chime in, it is hard to have a convo.

Based on everything I have seen from the staff thus far, it is obvious to me that Illinois is more important to this staff then Georgia. Which is completely fine b/c that is where the staff's strengths are.
It would appear that the staff will, at the very least, try to continue with the relationships that have previously been established. It will be interesting to see how many offers are extended in the next few years to players in Georgia.

It would appear that the staff will, at the very least, try to continue with the relationships that have previously been established. It will be interesting to see how many offers are extended in the next few years to players in Georgia.

SU still has a presence here in GA ... believe that.

I do believe it, that is good to know. Thanks for the info. Something tells me that this staff is EVERYWHERE.

We'll see what kind of a boost we get when we visit GT at 6-0 fresh off a clobbering of Clemson at the Dome! ;)

I do believe it, that is good to know. Thanks for the info. Something tells me that this staff is EVERYWHERE.

They are and the brand is more recognizable here than it has probably ever been ... heck having SU in the Final Four here really helped.

Chip Walker@ChipWalkerSC2h
Busy day at Sandy Creek, good to visit with coaches from Marshall, UCF, Syracuse, Purdue, James Madison and Florida.

Where is Sandy Creek in GA?

Chip Walker@ChipWalkerSC2h
Busy day at Sandy Creek, good to visit with coaches from Marshall, UCF, Syracuse, Purdue, James Madison and Florida.

Where is Sandy Creek in GA?

Southwest of Atlanta

and just wait until George Morris is 3 time All - ACC

If you go back and look at my early posts when he committed (which I was also right about) I felt he was going to be a very good RB for SU ... there are quite a few in the HS football circles here who feel he has the makings to be a very very good D1 tailback.

If you go back and look at my early posts when he committed (which I was also right about) I felt he was going to be a very good RB for SU ... there are quite a few in the HS football circles here who feel he has the makings to be a very very good D1 tailback.
Do you think if Morris has success, along with the success of other GA players here at SU, it will open up us up to even better GA recruits?

I wish we played Georgia Tech more often than once every 6 years or so to establish the SU football brand a bit more in the metro Atlanta area. I think the top kids in that area are going to Georgia or another SEC regardless, but it might help with the kids slightly lower on the food chain.

Keep making those connections. Keep putting out the offers.

I wish we played Georgia Tech more often than once every 6 years or so to establish the SU football brand a bit more in the metro Atlanta area. I think the top kids in that area are going to Georgia or another SEC regardless, but it might help with the kids slightly lower on the food chain.
I like the kids we are getting. They come with a chip on their shoulder and are more like the kids SS is looking for.

Do you think if Morris has success, along with the success of other GA players here at SU, it will open up us up to even better GA recruits?

To some degree yes however the key to getting GA kids to SU will be the staff ... having young vibrant guys like McDonald and company I think will pay the biggest dividend down the road. Those guys make me want to run through a brick wall ... can't even begin to tell you what that will do for our recruiting base.

GT doesn't have the fan following of many of the SEC schools ... if we could get a non-conf SEC game scheduled that would be huge ... I like the step taking on Mizzou ... but when you go to the more talent rich areas like Athens GA or Gainesville that will payoff even more. Not a lot of heat around a 7-7 GT team ... hell they were in the ACC title game and you wouldn't have even really known it down here because of the success the Bulldogs were having leading into their showdown with Bama in the SEC title game. I think ultimately too seeing the ACC vs the SEC in the Chic Fil A Bowl here to start the season is great ... this year it is Bama vs VT ... if SU could somehow sneak into that game in the future they would be playing either in the GA Dome or the new stadium they are building down here in front of a packed house if you get the right SEC team to come.

Any true/decent info about talent interested in SUFB is ALWAYS a gift. Keep it up. SUFB got busted to many time from the Big Apple area on quality talent so why not Georiga or Ill. to!! SUFB will loose some, but if it wins it will also get some. Just give us true CUSE football fans info to chew on and at times dream on too!! Thanks!! ACC here comes the CUSE!!

GT doesn't have the fan following of many of the SEC schools ... if we could get a non-conf SEC game scheduled that would be huge ... I like the step taking on Mizzou ... but when you go to the more talent rich areas like Athens GA or Gainesville that will payoff even more. Not a lot of heat around a 7-7 GT team ... hell they were in the ACC title game and you wouldn't have even really known it down here because of the success the Bulldogs were having leading into their showdown with Bama in the SEC title game. I think ultimately too seeing the ACC vs the SEC in the Chic Fil A Bowl here to start the season is great ... this year it is Bama vs VT ... if SU could somehow sneak into that game in the future they would be playing either in the GA Dome or the new stadium they are building down here in front of a packed house if you get the right SEC team to come.

I completely agree. I lived in Atlanta long enough to realize that there's UGA, and then there's everyone else. Ga Tech might as well be Oglethorpe , or GSU. I just meant playing GaTech would at least get SU in the state more often, and maybe an occasional writeup or mention. That's why I mentioned the top kids going to UGA and other SEC schools, not staying home to play at Bobby Dodd.

Backed up by at least 9 offers currently pending in the state of GA by SS staff. Compare that to NY and you see more offers in GA than at home, that should tell evreybody something. The last 2 years have netted us some great talent and potetial all-americans, compare that to NY. Too bad K. Curtis had that injury, as he was a potential big time starter and probably would have had a chance for a break out year in 13, wish him well, but then you got nothing but huge potential with Morris, Manley, Hale and Parris along with what I think could be our defensive player of the year in Cameron Lynch (how can you not love that name), and I am not kidding! I think he and Morris may be shinning stars, and that is bigger than any game we could ever get with an SEC team! (IMHO) I'm sorry, the Big SEC teams do not venture away from the south, so if we see one, it will be in a bowl game, preferably around New Years or a few weeks later!

Backed up by at least 9 offers currently pending in the state of GA by SS staff. Compare that to NY and you see more offers in GA than at home, that should tell evreybody something. The last 2 years have netted us some great talent and potetial all-americans, compare that to NY. Too bad K. Curtis had that injury, as he was a potential big time starter and probably would have had a chance for a break out year in 13, wish him well, but then you got nothing but huge potential with Morris, Manley, Hale and Parris along with what I think could be our defensive player of the year in Cameron Lynch (how can you not love that name), and I am not kidding! I think he and Morris may be shinning stars, and that is bigger than any game we could ever get with an SEC team! (IMHO) I'm sorry, the Big SEC teams do not venture away from the south, so if we see one, it will be in a bowl game, preferably around New Years or a few weeks later!

Who says we don't go into their houses and kick the doors down once every couple years ... Mizzou was just the start of it all.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom