Class of 2014 - Georgia Recruit Cortez McDowell | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 Georgia Recruit Cortez McDowell

Who says we don't go into their houses and kick the doors down once every couple years ... Mizzou was just the start of it all.
No incentive for an Alabama, LSU, Florida or Georgia to play us. Add in SC, A&M and probably both the Mississippi's as well. Only ones that play anyone from the bigger confereces are usually Kentucky and Vanderbilt, bottom feeders of the SEC. Mizzou won't schedule us again, and we went to their house. I would be surprised if anyone in the SEC schedules with is in the next 5 years. SEC has another lock on a NC game before the season ever starts, and if they play their cards right, may have both teams in it again, yet they are natoriuos for playing the weakest non-con in the country. I am optimistic that will change with the playoffs, but in reality the playoffs are probably a way to lock in 2 SEC teams, at a minimum, each year. Why do you think they accepted it, because they pretty much brokered it.

Says the 5 schools sticking out most are SYRACUSE, Tennessee, Ohio St, Florida St, and Vanderbilt. That's some serious company. Being the 1st school too offer sounds like will get us a hat on the table not matter the decision. That and the depth chart are a couple things working for us.

No incentive for an Alabama, LSU, Florida or Georgia to play us. Add in SC, A&M and probably both the Mississippi's as well. Only ones that play anyone from the bigger confereces are usually Kentucky and Vanderbilt, bottom feeders of the SEC. Mizzou won't schedule us again, and we went to their house. I would be surprised if anyone in the SEC schedules with is in the next 5 years. SEC has another lock on a NC game before the season ever starts, and if they play their cards right, may have both teams in it again, yet they are natoriuos for playing the weakest non-con in the country. I am optimistic that will change with the playoffs, but in reality the playoffs are probably a way to lock in 2 SEC teams, at a minimum, each year. Why do you think they accepted it, because they pretty much brokered it.

Really? You do know that Bama has played or will play VT, Penn St and Michigan over the last 5-6 years right? Some of these schools aren't afraid of taking on the ACC believe that ... I would be surprised if we scheduled with anyone in the SEC any time soon other than a middle tier team ... as the playoffs come into swing SOS is going to become more important for a school just on the fringe of trying to get into the tourney ...

Really? You do know that Bama has played or will play VT, Penn St and Michigan over the last 5-6 years right? Some of these schools aren't afraid of taking on the ACC believe that ... I would be surprised if we scheduled with anyone in the SEC any time soon other than a middle tier team ... as the playoffs come into swing SOS is going to become more important for a school just on the fringe of trying to get into the tourney ...
VT, PSU and UM are big names with big stadiums - playing them will likely garner GameDay consideration every time - very low odds of a Bama or a Florida ever signing a home & home with SU in the current climate.

Have to keep in mind, those are the marquee games for Bama on the schedule. Would Syracuse be the marquee game for these guys?

I don't think the SEC is going to change when it comes to SOS until it hurts them.

Have to keep in mind, those are the marquee games for Bama on the schedule. Would Syracuse be the marquee game for these guys?

I don't think the SEC is going to change when it comes to SOS until it hurts them.

The advent of the tournament stands to do just that if they get it right ... if SU is top 25 they will get a marque match up down the road ...

being the first offer the kid wanted to show his respect. i don't even think we are actively recruiting him. still looks good being in there with some big names

Just committed to Rocky Top

Anyone else notice a trend of where these kids list a long list of schools with "no order" in front, yet the first one listed is usually where they are most heavily leaning or end up?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom