Georgia Tech Film Breakdown | Syracusefan.com

Georgia Tech Film Breakdown

mark79

Doughnut connoisseur
This is a great film breakdown of just how good a quarterback Kyle McCord is as well as how good our receivers are. Credit goes to this GT guy, as he seems to know his stuff and he gives immense credit to us. Enjoy.

PS - there is nothing worth watching once he starts talking about GT. But there is more than enough good Syracuse stuff in here within the first 10-15 minutes to make it a good watch.

This is a great film breakdown of just how good a quarterback Kyle McCord is as well as how good our receivers are. Credit goes to this GT guy, as he seems to know his stuff and he gives immense credit to us. Enjoy.

PS - there is nothing worth watching once he starts talking about GT. But there is more than enough good Syracuse stuff in here within the first 10-15 minutes to make it a good watch.

Yeah I saw that on YouTube last night. An informative watch and the guy was very complimentary. A good listen if you got 10 minutes.

I caught this guy on YouTube leading up to the game and was really impressed with his breakdown of both teams. Practical and pragmatic and wanted to engage with Cuse fans. Spotted him in front of Carnegie on the way out and didn't get a chance to give him some kudos for his work. Really good analysis.

I really admire how this guy can be so objective. I commend him for that. He was the same way in his first video filmed after the game where he was stalking back and forth while running his fingers through his disheveled hair somewhere out in North Syracuse. Very complimentary and straight up matter of fact.

I wonder what his background is. Coach? Ex-coach? Ex-player? He knows his stuff.

I caught this guy on YouTube leading up to the game and was really impressed with his breakdown of both teams. Practical and pragmatic and wanted to engage with Cuse fans. Spotted him in front of Carnegie on the way out and didn't get a chance to give him some kudos for his work. Really good analysis.
He was wearing a Beak n Skiff sweatshirt too.

I actually wound up subscribing to this channel last week just so I can continue watching breakdowns. Just because it will help teach me to be a more informed football fan going forward.
I feel the same way as it really helps you appreciate the nuances of play design as well as the technique involved in executing it.

And as others have said, kudos to him for complementing us. Takes a pretty big person to do that after a bitter loss.

Would love for someone to do this every week win or lose for us. I’d subscribe for sure and would probably even pay.

Last edited:
I feel the same way as it really helps you appreciate the nuances of play design as well as the technique involved in executing it.

And as others have said, kudos to him for complementing us. Takes a pretty big person to do that after a bitter loss.

Would love for someone to do this every week win or lose for us. I’d subscribe for sure and would probably even pay.
We need a modern day Madden that breaks down plays. Not saying he's that obviously, but you'd think there would be more channels like this. Channels that actually teach football.

This guy is great to watch. Good find.

We need a modern day Madden that breaks down plays. Not saying he's that obviously, but you'd think there would be more channels like this. Channels that actually teach football.
They do exist, but they tend to be (just like this guy) fans of specific teams that do breakdowns of their squad. Most people don’t care to watch often if it isn’t “their team” they are breaking down.

I don’t know if we have someone with the combination of skill set, time, and desire to do these for Cuse games, but if we do and someone starts up, they will get a cult following very quickly. Especially if they get going now, while the team is new, exciting and very explosive offensively.

They do exist, but they tend to be (just like this guy) fans of specific teams that do breakdowns of their squad. Most people don’t care to watch often if it isn’t “their team” they are breaking down.

I don’t know if we have someone with the combination of skill set, time, and desire to do these for Cuse games, but if we do and someone starts up, they will get a cult following very quickly. Especially if they get going now, while the team is new, exciting and very explosive offensively.

Essentially Kenny’s 3 Pennies. More specifically this is exactly what we would get from tomcat if he wasn’t always having to cut his analysis short.

Essentially Kenny’s 3 Pennies. More specifically this is exactly what we would get from tomcat if he wasn’t always having to cut his analysis short.
[/QUOTE
Tomcat and Money would be great together on a Podcast.

Thanks! I could watch that kind of analysis all day. (Although my wife may raise an objection about 12 hours in).

The GT analysis is also worth watching. On the play where HK goes to Boyd (a load to tackle), our safety hangs in the middle and lets Boyd go by him (and catch the pass) before he pursues. This might seem "late", but remember that he's got to stay home to prevent HK from running up the middle. It's a good play design because it forces the safety to make a choice. If he bites on the TE the QB runs it. If he hangs back the TE has an easy catch and space to run upfield.

He also broke down the play where Singleton breezed by Gould on a skinny post and HK put the ball right on his chest. Lucky that wasn't a TD.

Last edited:
Some good work and he didnt discuss some of the really good throws where timing was even better.

I do remember the first out, watching live, and thinking man he threw that early. Being in the endzone seats you can see of of these breaks much better than from the sideline seats

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tucker

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom