Get ready | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Get ready

From my understanding and what I was told. Think of the university of Miami and what that means to South Florida kids and how they view it or at least use to view it. The swag, the edge, back in the day every south Florida kid DREAMED of playing there.

There’s an untapped market for that in the northeast. Fran wants NJ kids and the top talent in NY and the Northeast to view Syracuse as a destination, with swag, edge and a winning attitude/tradition. Fran wants kids in those areas to be waiting and hoping for that Syracuse offer and not just viewing it as another offer. You start off by hiring Fran, and Robinson, these kids will know you aren’t fooling around and the talent will follow. I am not saying anything more until news comes out more publicly but I’ll leave y’all on that

I am going to go against the grain and while I would be thrilled about improved recruiting, I am concerned about having inexperienced coordinators with an inexperienced HC. Believe a good staff has a mix of good recruiters and successful coordinators. I also don't want to be 80's Miami off the field.

CM4...bless his heart...

"Coach Brown is going to bring some swag and edge to Cuse football"

And immediately the room jumps to conclusions about coaches and recruiting.
Wrong.

This is all about the football team "walk up music" when they come running out of the tunnel to jack up the crowd. The music department has called together the string and woodwind sections(highlighted by some mean oboes) to compose a real toe tapping medley with rap mixed in.:cool:

We have debated this for years, are you getting our hopes up we will finally get some closure on this topic? Does the Jersey Shore have a theme song?

Trying to read the tea leaves here, im guess is Robinson as a DC. It would be a big get. And since he, and Brown, have never been coordinators or head coaches i guess that is what the OP is referring to when he says "It’s probably going to be a little different and take some getting used to for the old timers. But it’s something that these young kids and younger generation will eat up." Just my guess.
why is Robinson a great hire if he has ZERO DC experience?

This is not 100% but it’s likely. I know a person that’s pretty in tune mostly with the basketball side of Cuse but some knowledge with the football side too. They are usually pretty dead on when they tell me stuff about Cuse basketball and recruiting and I’ve shared some stuff in the past on that board.

Quite frankly never asked them much about football related stuff because I’m more into basketball myself but still a big Cuse football fan but the Coach Brown hire me fired up.

The best way I can describe it is Coach Brown is going to bring some swag and edge to Cuse football quite frankly we have never seen here before. It’s probably going to be a little different and take some getting used to for the old timers. But it’s something that these young kids and younger generation will eat up.

Is Coach Brown going bring in some of those hippity hoppity rappers? Because if he is, I know a guy in the scrap metal business who can help him out.

From my understanding and what I was told. Think of the university of Miami and what that means to South Florida kids and how they view it or at least use to view it. The swag, the edge, back in the day every south Florida kid DREAMED of playing there.

There’s an untapped market for that in the northeast. Fran wants NJ kids and the top talent in NY and the Northeast to view Syracuse as a destination, with swag, edge and a winning attitude/tradition. Fran wants kids in those areas to be waiting and hoping for that Syracuse offer and not just viewing it as another offer. You start off by hiring Fran, and Robinson, these kids will know you aren’t fooling around and the talent will follow. I am not saying anything more until news comes out more publicly but I’ll leave y’all on that
Swag Diddy

Same. It's sports. Sports should be fun. Let's have fun. Take some big swings and see what happens.

We've lived through multiple worst-case-scenario seasons over the past 20 years. If we flop again, so be it. But let's freakin' try.

100s

It's such a mental game to, you can really win games sometimes just getting off the bus and walking to the field. That's what I want from my team.

(doesn't mean I condone all the jackass woofing on the field. that stuff is trash and kids look like idiots.) I'm more of an act like you've been there before guy, win/lose with class and let the scoreboard do the talking. But bring it.

Last edited:
I really CAN'T WAIT to see what we do in the portal, starting 12/4.

It's going to go a LONG way toward determining how the team will be next year, and set the tone for what the future is going to look like.

Can't wait to see the results!

This is not 100% but it’s likely. I know a person that’s pretty in tune mostly with the basketball side of Cuse but some knowledge with the football side too. They are usually pretty dead on when they tell me stuff about Cuse basketball and recruiting and I’ve shared some stuff in the past on that board.

Quite frankly never asked them much about football related stuff because I’m more into basketball myself but still a big Cuse football fan but the Coach Brown hire me fired up.

And what I was just told about some likely staff hires and some likely recruits/transfers…get ready. The best way I can describe it is Coach Brown is going to bring some swag and edge to Cuse football quite frankly we have never seen here before. It’s probably going to be a little different and take some getting used to for the old timers. But it’s something that these young kids and younger generation will eat up. People are going to be very impressed with a couple hires that are looking likely and one I shared is more likely than not at this point on another discussion post. Our recruiting is going to see a HUGE uptick, not saying we are going to be landing 5 stars but top 30 classes are definitely a possibility. Schiano is going to be crapping his pants after a couple of these hires cause NJ kids are going to be flocking to Cuse. Also from what I hear, South Florida is going to be a huge emphasis as well and those kids are going to love Coach Brown’s approach he is going to being.

Folks get ready and buckle up cause if these things I heard get finalized, it’s going to be a fun ride
Can I like this post 38 times?

I really CAN'T WAIT to see what we do in the portal, starting 12/4.

It's going to go a LONG way toward determining how the team will be next year, and set the tone for what the future is going to look like.

Can't wait to see the results!
Agreed. If we don't land the talent we hope for, and if the results on the field stink, that'll be a bummer. No one should be claiming this is a sure thing. But I, for one, am excited that we're taking a different route.

The program has largely been doing things the same-ish way for 20 years. The results have been crummy. Let's take a big swing. If we miss, we'll get someone else in charge for 2027.

why is Robinson a great hire if he has ZERO DC experience?
That was just my guess of what might be happening by reading the tea leaves in an attempt to interprete what may be occurring per the OP, I probably should have worded it better. No clue if he would be a good DC at the P5 level.

I was an ADJW basher. I love this hire and the small glimpses I've seen of his process.

No idea if HCFB will work or not, but that's true with any hire. I love that he went outside the box and got a guy who worked under a process guy.

Time will tell but win or lose, I'm happy he went in this direction.

COME ON!!!!! I'm almost there...

Agreed. If we don't land the talent we hope for, and if the results on the field stink, that'll be a bummer. No one should be claiming this is a sure thing. But I, for one, am excited that we're taking a different route.

The program has largely been doing things the same-ish way for 20 years. The results have been crummy. Let's take a big swing. If we miss, we'll get someone else in charge for 2027.
So true, we have hired a bunch of nice guys(well Doug isn’t the nicest but for the most part) who kids and parents and grandparents say nice things about and then the kids never come here. Let’s get them here, have a veteran staff around a new coach and start doing what we should have been doing for the past 20 plus years: winning again

100%, this is absolutely why you hire a guy like Fran Brown, shake it up, inject a ton of new energy. Hopefully significant upgrade in talent with a staff that has the same energy. Brown should win the off season coming up. However, the biggest test will see what the product looks like on the field and how he adjusts to being the head coach and what his coordinators do scheme wise etc. You gotta be able to coach as well.

I love the hire, different approach and am ready to see what happens, optimistic for sure but like you said this is a huge gamble make no mistake about that. Worth the shot though, we had to try something different.

I was an ADJW basher. I love this hire and the small glimpses I've seen of his process.

No idea if HCFB will work or not, but that's true with any hire. I love that he went outside the box and got a guy who worked under a process guy.

Time will tell but win or lose, I'm happy he went in this direction.
Agree

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom