Get ready | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Get ready

I just told my wife that the old timer who sits next to me won’t renew his season tickets. The good news is a coach with swag will not only excite the players but give new younger generation of fans a reason to attend games.

If the old timer does come back next season I will need to have the EMT‘s on stand by when he see’s the players put on a 315 turnover chain. :):)
IMG_7371.jpeg

He was DC and Asst HC this year
I think you’re semi correct in that he was DL coach/co DC/AHC and then became interim HC after Jimbo was fired. I think he’s never really been a coordinator that calls the shots though per my research. A&M fans are a little worried about losing him and would like him to be named DC there and might come down to whether they want to give him that tag solo or not. I’d assume one of the reasons (other than Fran and being closer to home) is getting that DC tag and progressing up the ladder to position himself for HC spot.

This is not 100% but it’s likely. I know a person that’s pretty in tune mostly with the basketball side of Cuse but some knowledge with the football side too. They are usually pretty dead on when they tell me stuff about Cuse basketball and recruiting and I’ve shared some stuff in the past on that board.

Quite frankly never asked them much about football related stuff because I’m more into basketball myself but still a big Cuse football fan but the Coach Brown hire me fired up.

And what I was just told about some likely staff hires and some likely recruits/transfers…get ready. The best way I can describe it is Coach Brown is going to bring some swag and edge to Cuse football quite frankly we have never seen here before. It’s probably going to be a little different and take some getting used to for the old timers. But it’s something that these young kids and younger generation will eat up. People are going to be very impressed with a couple hires that are looking likely and one I shared is more likely than not at this point on another discussion post. Our recruiting is going to see a HUGE uptick, not saying we are going to be landing 5 stars but top 30 classes are definitely a possibility. Schiano is going to be crapping his pants after a couple of these hires cause NJ kids are going to be flocking to Cuse. Also from what I hear, South Florida is going to be a huge emphasis as well and those kids are going to love Coach Brown’s approach he is going to being.

Folks get ready and buckle up cause if these things I heard get finalized, it’s going to be a fun ride

xyngular reviews first home GIF by Xyngular

He was DC and Asst HC this year
I’m confused - other mods are saying he was only an interim or co-DC at his previous stops. Hence the concern about experience.

I hope we’re not going all in on recruiting chops at the expense of Xs and Os.

I was an ADJW basher. I love this hire and the small glimpses I've seen of his process.

No idea if HCFB will work or not, but that's true with any hire. I love that he went outside the box and got a guy who worked under a process guy.

Time will tell but win or lose, I'm happy he went in this direction.
Is this a "I was a sinner" post. ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom