GGG vs Canelo | Syracusefan.com

GGG vs Canelo

Very hard fight to judge, (I agree that the 118-110 guy couldn't judge a pie baking contest). GGG seemed afraid of Canelo early but scored with his jab. Canelo through some powerful counter-shots but they didn't stop or move GGG. GGG came on strong in the middle of the fight but there were a lot of rounds where Canelo got off to a strong start but GGG was dominating at the end. Then Canelo came on strong at the end, clearly winning the last two rounds. I had this:

GGG 9 9 10 10 10 10 9 10 10 10 9 9 = 115
SCA 10 10 9 9 10 10 10 9 9 9 10 10 = 115

I think Harold Letterman decides who is going to win and just gives him round after round after that. He had the last two preliminary bouts 10-0 and 12-0 in rounds.

Either would have beaten just about anybody else. They were the only two fighters who could have withstood what they dished out.

Thought GGG won this one. Watched this fight with just one other person, a testament to the talk of this fight lacking mainstream appeal. With Canelo having such a large fan advantage, thought if GGG could keep the fans quiet for a majority of the rounds, his advantage in the jab count would give him the fight. It was a great fight though.

Good, competitive fight. High level pugilistic contest.

I had GGG winning 116-112. Thought his aggression was more effective. Canelo fought well though. Hung in there tough and returned fire.

Cannot believe the Nevada Commission let Byrd judge this fight... She's been bad for years... Atlas is right, appearance of corruption there. Golden Boy Promotions and Vegas wanted a rematch and set the table for one by selecting these officials. Controversy stokes sales for it... Vegas just did the same thing with Ward Kovalev... Paq/Horn too. Just looks dirty.

And am afraid it is finally hurting my long time favorite sport of boxing. While always somewhat corrupt, the public is now really seeing it in clear view...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom