Girard over/under 18 points? | Syracusefan.com

Girard over/under 18 points?

Cstate

Scout Team
We had out weekly poker night last night and 7 of us are heading to the dome for Saturday. Joe is 18 points shy of 2k for his career……..does he get it in his return to the Dome?! We were in agreement that the perfect scenario is a Cuse upset win, while he breaks 2k. Thoughts and do you see us having to play zone D like last night, because if so I think that would play right into his hands?

Last edited:
I don't care about whether it's over or under. What will absolutely kill me is if he hits a game winner. I am not wading into the debate about whether we are better off with or without him this year. He had some highpoints and low points over his SU career. But he never was able to perform with the game on the line and I have nightmares of him hitting his first ever Dome game winner against us. Sorry if I just jinxed us, but I needed to get that off my chest.

I don't care about whether it's over or under. What will absolutely kill me is if he hits a game winner. I am not wading into the debate about whether we are better off with or without him this year. He had some highpoints and low points over his SU career. But he never was able to perform with the game on the line and I have nightmares of him hitting his first ever Dome game winner against us. Sorry if I just jinxed us, but I needed to get that off my chest.
That’s assuming we keep it close.

We had out weekly poker night last night and 7 of us are heading to the dome for Saturday. Joe is 18 points shy of 2k for his career……..does he get it in his return to the Dome?! We were in agreement that the perfect scenario is a Cuse upset win, while he breaks 2k. Thoughts and do you see us having to play zone D like last night, because if so I think that would play right into his hands?
Depends what we try and takeaway. Hall and Schefllen will kill us inside scoring and rebounding if we try and individually man guard each. Cope will spend a lot of time guarding a big so JJ and Judah really need to fight through screens and dedicate themselves on the defensive side of the court. I suspect we game plan for the Clemson big guys which will leave Joe open at times.

He hit some huge shots the other night at UNC.

I think we are primarily a zone team the rest of the year to protect Maliq from foul trouble. He's our closet thing to a legit big man. Benny, although not a legit big either, helped out as pseudo big. I think Joe gets the 18 because of the zone. It's not gonna be a great zone because we've haven’t had a lot of time in it.

Last edited:
If Clemson is smart and just plays to get JJ on him and then run off ball screens for him, he might get 18 in the first half.

whichever of JJ or Judah gets Joe as a defender - they need to be aggressive.
Great opportunity for one of them to live up to their potential to be a lockdown defender. They have the physical tools.

I’m not sure about Joe, but if we play D like we did last night Clemson will score 120. They don’t turn it over like some of the other teams we play.

Holy ish 18??? OVER

This dude is gonna chump pump us ... Book it

Last edited:
JJ shuts him down if we play M. Personal pride.*
If we play zone, Joe get 30.

:rolleyes:

*Imagine that!

I’m not sure about Joe, but if we play D like we did last night Clemson will score 120. They don’t turn it over like some of the other teams we play.
Have a feeling JJ is really going to be exposed this game, not that he hasn’t been all year, but it’s going to be all eyes on Girard by every Syracuse fan.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom