Girard over/under 18 points? | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Girard over/under 18 points?

Your memory is better than mine. Although thank you to Google. FH actually played 40 or more twenty times in 2017-18, including 15 straight of 39 or more.

I knew it was crazy, but that level of minutes is even crazier than I remembered!

Figured it might have been a handful … not 20 times!

I'd like a scenario where he hits a 3ptr at the buzzer for the win, which gets him to 18. Then after video review, the 3ptr is changed to a 2pt resulting in a Syracuse win and one point shy of the record.

I like Joe and glad to see him having success at Clemson. He did nothing wrong to lead him to leaving. That said, I no longer cheer for him though.
Should he jump up on the scorer’s table and preen too for good measure?

Scheduling over or under 12 boards 20 points. We have Noone to stop him
The auto correct did me no favors here, I was thinking about the forward who will terrorize us tonight.

The auto correct did me no favors here, I was thinking about the forward who will terrorize us tonight.
And Peter Noone won't be back in Syracuse until the Fair opens in August! We're doomed!

We had out weekly poker night last night and 7 of us are heading to the dome for Saturday. Joe is 18 points shy of 2k for his career……..does he get it in his return to the Dome?! We were in agreement that the perfect scenario is a Cuse upset win, while he breaks 2k. Thoughts and do you see us having to play zone D like last night, because if so I think that would play right into his hands?
Way over. They are going to feed him Zeke Elliott style.

i'm just hopping in on page 3 on my browser so forgive me if i echo or repudiate any of the previous posts above. BUT. i would bet JG3 feels like he has a score to settle and takes at least 15 shots. he generally averages about 11 fga's on the season and what that will translate into pts i can't say. but i do expect him to be fired up and chucking it deep and chucking often .our starting backcourt mintz and starling will have to prove SU fans they didn't make a mistake letting him go.

Last edited:
I meant more on the offensive end. They need to make Joe guard them. Prove he can and give him something to think about.
You make a good point. Whoever Joe is guarding should have a good day too. One can hope.

We had out weekly poker night last night and 7 of us are heading to the dome for Saturday. Joe is 18 points shy of 2k for his career……..does he get it in his return to the Dome?! We were in agreement that the perfect scenario is a Cuse upset win, while he breaks 2k. Thoughts and do you see us having to play zone D like last night, because if so I think that would play right into his hands?
O
V
E
R

And a very efficient 18 points at that. Props to Joe.

I was really bummed he got booed. Big missed opportunity to show some class and grace. He was a good player for us for four years, and it wasn't his fault he was miscast and we weren't good.
Yeah, I was surprised by that. I was actually hoping for a quiet day from him but certainly didn't feel like the need to boo him. I thought that was strange. I think a lot of people at the game must not follow orange basketball very closely and as a result, thought he left the team like Jesse. If Jesse came to town, I'd embrace the booing probably.

Yeah, I was surprised by that. I was actually hoping for a quiet day from him but certainly didn't feel like the need to boo him. I thought that was strange. I think a lot of people at the game must not follow orange basketball very closely and as a result, thought he left the team like Jesse. If Jesse came to town, I'd embrace the booing probably.
The booing was classless and embarrassing. Joe bled Orange, gave us the best he could during his career, and has his SU diploma.

He is a fellow alumnus. There are fans who still want to have the love child of lesser guys who have left but boo a Syracuse grad. Screw them.

To me, it's about why/how a player leaves. If a player leaves and changes teams and does it in ugly fashion or does so last minute and leaves us hanging, boo away if you ask me. However, when it's a player like Joe (who would have stayed with the orange had circumstances been different) or Quincy (who was just looking for an opportunity to be utilized differently), I view booing in those cases as stupid and classless. I just think likely most who booed had no idea why he left.

The booing was classless and embarrassing. Joe bled Orange, gave us the best he could during his career, and has his SU diploma.

He is a fellow alumnus. There are fans who still want to have the love child of lesser guys who have left but boo a Syracuse grad. Screw them.

Couldn’t agree more. For the most part it was students. The non student fans for the most part gave him a cordial hand with some even standing. Of course there was a smattering of immature fans acting like 12 year olds.

But worse than the booing from students, according to some who sit near them, was the vile language directed at Joe from a handful of students. You’d have thought he was a Georgetown player.

Don’t know if you saw his post game presser in the video thread but he handled it all with class.

Now if West Virginia came to the dome Jesse Edwards should have been booed from the second he stepped on the court for warmups until he got on the bus after the game

A post game caller acknowledged that Joe had had a good game and handled the situation with class, etc., but insisted that "he should have been recruited over while he was here". Well, he was recruited over at point guard with Judah Mintz and moved to his natural position of shooting guard . If we had successfully recruited hometown kid JJ Starling, a MacDonald's All-American, coming out of high school, he would have been over-recruited at that position as well.

Watching Saturday's game, I have to ask if he's really worse than those players and wonder if he would be starting for us if he was still here. Maybe "recruiting over" a productive payer isn't as easy as people think?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom