Girard over/under 18 points? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Girard over/under 18 points?

Have a feeling JJ is really going to be exposed this game, not that he hasn’t been all year, but it’s going to be all eyes on Girard by every Syracuse fan.
I think Red will eventually have to put Cuffe on Joe and tell him to just hound him until he drops or fouls out.

I think it comes down to how their coach plays it. I’ve seen games where JG3 is clearly a role player and others where they have to lean on him because he’s hot or that’s what the D is giving them. Because it’s a homecoming of sorts, and because he has 2000 in site, I think he’s going to get more minutes than he normally would. This might play into our hands, or not.

I think he scores 18 and is one of their top two scorers. One of their bigs will put up 25-30 on us, and we’ll get out rebounded by 15-20 again. Clemson 72, SU 65, and we miss 8-9 FT’s. Shoot 33% from the arc. They shoot 40%. It’s not a blowout only because we’re home. This is a “prove it to me” game in my eyes. Just don’t think we can hang with this Clemson team long enough to pull it out.

Hope I am wrong and we run them out of the Dome! LGO

I'm going contrarian (as much as like Joe as a person and player) for a shooting line of:

3/12 FG
1/5 3P
2/2 FT

9 Points 3 reb 2 assists is my final answer.

That’s what I would do, you shut him down and Brown can handle Hall (hopefully with a lot of help and fouls from Taylor) Hall we can have a chance.
How about Cuffe on Joe and box the rest. A 5-6 minute gimmick if they torch the other D

We had out weekly poker night last night and 7 of us are heading to the dome for Saturday. Joe is 18 points shy of 2k for his career……..does he get it in his return to the Dome?! We were in agreement that the perfect scenario is a Cuse upset win, while he breaks 2k. Thoughts and do you see us having to play zone D like last night, because if so I think that would play right into his hands?
Scheduling over or under 12 boards 20 points. We have Noone to stop him

How about Cuffe on Joe and box the rest. A 5-6 minute gimmick if they torch the other D
You throw everything at them and roll with what works, if none of it works try it all again. Playing basic man and a very basic 2-3 hasn’t and won’t trick anybody,

Based on recent trends, he goes 7-11 from 3.

We had out weekly poker night last night and 7 of us are heading to the dome for Saturday. Joe is 18 points shy of 2k for his career……..does he get it in his return to the Dome?! We were in agreement that the perfect scenario is a Cuse upset win, while he breaks 2k. Thoughts and do you see us having to play zone D like last night, because if so I think that would play right into his hands?

You mean the all time leading scorer in NYS HS BB history? Joey G is more Cotoletta Milanese than pasta marinara

I thought for a long time that Joe was one of the problems with the team the past four seasons. I was wrong. Whatever he scores, I hope he is cheered and welcomed and hope the best for him….but a cuse win.

Great opportunity for one of them to live up to their potential to be a lockdown defender. They have the physical tools.
I meant more on the offensive end. They need to make Joe guard them. Prove he can and give him something to think about.

I would take this any day. Just go back a few years to when Kevin Huerter and Maryland came to the Dome. Huerter scored 23 points on 7-9 from 3 but Cuse won by two. Did Frank Howard really play 40 minutes that game?

I'd like a scenario where he hits a 3ptr at the buzzer for the win, which gets him to 18. Then after video review, the 3ptr is changed to a 2pt resulting in a Syracuse win and one point shy of the record.

I like Joe and glad to see him having success at Clemson. He did nothing wrong to lead him to leaving. That said, I no longer cheer for him though.

I would take this any day. Just go back a few years to when Kevin Huerter and Maryland came to the Dome. Huerter scored 23 points on 7-9 from 3 but Cuse won by two. Did Frank Howard really play 40 minutes that game?

man Huerter was great that night. Fun game.

man Huerter was great that night. Fun game.
I just realized that the four minutes that Geno Thorpe played that night were the last four minutes of Geno Thorpe's college career. And some folks will probably ask themselves, who's Geno Thorpe? The answer is probably someone who might never play for Boeheim's Army.

2016-2019 JB would ride his key starters 40 minutes quite often IIRC. I’m sure Howard had a number in his junior season maybe when he was part of the 3 or 4 core players.

I just realized that the four minutes that Geno Thorpe played that night were the last four minutes of Geno Thorpe's college career. And some folks will probably ask themselves, who's Geno Thorpe? The answer is probably someone who might never play for Boeheim's Army.
Moyer with the token start too.

2016-2019 JB would ride his key starters 40 minutes quite often IIRC. I’m sure Howard had a number in his junior season maybe when he was part of the 3 or 4 core players.
Your memory is better than mine. Although thank you to Google. FH actually played 40 or more twenty times in 2017-18, including 15 straight of 39 or more.

Huerter's big game immediately came to mind when I thought about how Joe might play tomorrow.

The indomitable Geno Thorpe.

This could be as he will be over amped and trying to prove a point I am sure.
Yeah this is the kind of thinking I've got going on. I could be 100% wrong but it's not hard to see a scenario where Joe is pressing a bit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom