Girard | Syracusefan.com

Girard

Cuse House

All American
The Girard bashing is unreal. True freshman, asked to do it all for this team.

He missed shots, he also had 9 assists and was 5-5 from the line. Who else do we want shooting? Besides Hughes, he’s our best scoring option.

He made some great hustle plays, steals, etc. He is also the guy who is out there hyping everyone up around him.

If you’re going to be upset that he’s in this position to play 35 mins, that’s all on our recruiting efforts.

Kid is a warrior, and I have zero problems with the game he turned out tonight.

The Girard bashing is unreal. True freshman, asked to do it all for this team.

He missed shots, he also had 9 assists and was 5-5 from the line. Who else do we want shooting? Besides Hughes, he’s our best scoring option.

He made some great hustle plays, steals, etc. He is also the guy who is out there hyping everyone up around him.

If you’re going to be upset that he’s in this position to play 35 mins, that’s all on our recruiting efforts.

Kid is a warrior, and I have zero problems with the game he turned out tonight.
Haven’t read all the bashing but he was fine. He’ll get better but he was far from our biggest problem.

Yeah, I'm not seeing it. He's not a point guard that will excel against good defenders. JB literally took the ball out of his hand to have Hughes bring the ball up. He's very active in the zone, but too short to truly bother decent shooters. And he missed a bunch of shots tonight that a really good shooter should hit.

Hope he proves me wrong, but he's not the future for this team.

Accurate.

Girard bashing should be reassigned to HC bashing, as Girard is absolutely a player we should recruit.

Only problem is he should be playing Shooting Guard off the bench as a freshman, not starting Point Guard because we cant recruit or develop anyone.

Accurate.

Girard bashing should be reassigned to HC bashing, as Girard is absolutely a player we should recruit.

Only problem is he should be playing Shooting Guard off the bench as a freshman, not starting Point Guard because we cant recruit or develop players.

Good point. We should have a bunch of actual basketball players who all have the ability to score. We recruit guys who can play the zone. And Girard.

he is the only wildcard that could make this season tolerable. Coming in hitting 23 or whatever in first start raised expectations I guess. Unrealistically obviously.

Real issue is the miss on Carey, wasted scholarship on Washington (won’t play him).

You guys are nuts. Going from the progidal son the last 4 games to not good enough. Get a grip

Here's what I see. Expectations set way too high. Not surprising, we seem to do that with recruits every year. Then the actual games start, and of course he's not going to be putting up Glens Falls HS numbers, so many are disappointed. I'm still holding out hope he proves me wrong.

Yeah, I'm not seeing it. He's not a point guard that will excel against good defenders. JB literally took the ball out of his hand to have Hughes bring the ball up. He's very active in the zone, but too short to truly bother decent shooters. And he missed a bunch of shots tonight that a really good shooter should hit.

He
Is
Not
A
PG.

You don’t score a bazillion points in HS and come in as a true FR at the point.

We are rolling five guys out there that do not naturally correspond to each other.

Accurate.

Only problem is he should be playing Shooting Guard off the bench as a freshman, not starting Point Guard because we cant recruit or develop players.
I actually think he has very good PG instincts. He made some really good passes. Had some turnovers as well, but it’s hard when we have no one to relieve pressure from him. Hughes can take the point, but we really want him playing off the ball. PG is like a QB, when the pieces around you aren’t producing or helping, you look worse.

I actually think he has very good PG instincts. He made some really good passes. Had some turnovers as well, but it’s hard when we have no one to relieve pressure from him. Hughes can take the point, but we really want him playing off the ball. PG is like a QB, when the pieces around you aren’t producing or helping, you look worse.
He was a NYS Championship QB

Wow. Feel like you and I see things the same quite often. I’m high on girard. Tonight wasn’t his best but he didn’t hit any shots. 5 TOS isn’t pretty but for a fresh PG it’s also not unprecedented. Players will shoot over him at times but he’s active on d. Feel like he could be as good as anyone on this team — which admittedly might not be saying much ... which is probably the biggest issue.

Wow. Feel like you and I see things the same quite often. I’m high on girard. Tonight wasn’t his best but he didn’t hit any shots. 5 TOS isn’t pretty but for a fresh PG it’s also not unprecedented. Players will shoot over him at times but he’s active on d. Feel like he could be as good as anyone on this team — which admittedly might not be saying much ... which is probably the biggest issue.
You've probably seen more than I have and I'm reacting too early to a bad game all around.

I just worry the foot speed is inadequate to get by the Tre Jones of the world.

You've probably seen more than I have and I'm reacting too early to a bad game all around.

I just worry the foot speed is inadequate to get by the Tre Jones of the world.

Yeah he’s not going to beat anyone to the rack. Even against bucknell. But he moves the ball really well and finds people. Pushes the tempo too. If he shoots well and cuts down on TOs that’s not a bad combo. But you’re right — he’s not going by tre jones. Ever.

He
Is
Not
A
PG.

We are rolling five guys out there that do not naturally correspond to each other.
I personally don’t think you understand the genius of playing a SG at PG, a SG at SF and a PF at C.

That’s a lineup consisting of no Center & no Point Guard with two Shooting Guards, both playing out of position.

4D Chess.

He
Is
Not
A
PG.

He scored a bazillion points in HS because he was so much better than everyone else. Not because he can't play point guard.

i'm really pulling for the kid but he has been handed a load to carry by this staff. trial by fire.

I personally don’t think you understand the genius of playing a SG at PG, a SG at SF and a PF at C.

That’s a lineup consisting of no Center & no Point Guard with two Shooting Guards, both playing out of position.

4D Chess.
Stop.

We don’t have a PF.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors