Girard | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Girard

He didn’t want it with Girard either. He was just rattled, and Girard took advantage of his emo ass by clowning him in his moment of weakness. He got held back REAL easy. He didn’t want to fight.

He needs to stop playing those friggin away games. He’s clearly not built to be a trash talker.

oh it was for sure bravado but he had none of that for Elijah

198 pounds of fistfought and Newport.
That’s 17 pounds since the beginning of the season. Oddly enough, I thought he is looking more muscular than he has in the past. If he’s working out mid season, awesome.

Do you really think anyone in college hoops, anywhere in this country, is going to actually square up after last night? Come on man. Coaches everywhere today had ‘the talk’ with their teams about the consequences of tossing just one punch.

If this is the case, then why was Girard “running away” (your words, not mine)?

13 points and 2 boards? Eh. Nah. Gotta puke and throw the game winning TD a few plays later to get a statue.

GIVE MCNABB A STATUE, WILDHACK!!
McNabb and Brown with statues? IDK

Before you all jump all over me, just know Ive seen actions like Joes called technicals 3 times already this year on my sons team. We don’t need it.
Right when he handed him the ball I had this vision of ND hitting 2 tech free throws to tie it with no time on the clock.

Girard is a master troll. He gets people MAD and never loses his cool. It's fantastic.

Someone mentioned in the game thread he was been getting triple teamed and guarded by older kids since he was in 8th grade. He obviously learned how to stick up for himself along the way.

After getting triple teamed all through high school college ball has got to seem like a tiptoe through the tulips.

It's nice to have a thread with each player's last name as a title after a game. It means they are all contributing.

that gesture would have ended quite differently vs Uconn or Pitt in the early 2000s
Absolutely, there was a time when the BE would not stand for another conference (a la, KU-KST) to be viewed as "tougher"

Absolutely, there was a time when the BE would not stand for another conference (a la, KU-KST) to be viewed as "tougher"
Even in the later days of the Big East there were some world class bullies. Blair, Adrian, and Crowder etc etc

Notre Dame got what was coming for them with the way Hubb acted in the dome 3 weeks ago. Glad we don't have to play them again. Might be the worst matchup for the zone in the conference.
Agreed. 4 shooters who all can pass it extremely well combined with a big man who can score from anywhere inside the 3pt line, is a beast on the boards and a good passer? Brutal for us

I love the brass balls on Girard. Has a flair and isn’t Afraid to battle. Will love watching him the next 3 years
Agreed. Would love to see a little more effort on the defensive end is my only complaint

Agreed. Would love to see a little more effort on the defensive end is my only complaint
I agree. I was telling my grandfather last night if he had 2 more inches and was just a bit faster he would be almost unstoppable imo

All's well that ends well, but wonder what fallout would have been if Gibbs immediately dropped the ball and threw a punch before JG ran away, igniting a K -K St type incident.
My perspective: discussion would be that JG's action was ill-advised and "not needed in college bball".
JG walked the fine line and got away with it, and agree with previous posts regarding how great to again see an SU player with swagger.
Fun game to watch, appreciate the turnaround SU has made, and will admit it's unexpected.
Hope JG always stays on the right side of that fine line!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sdot

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom