Alright let’s hear em

Give us your tip 5 REALISTIC next HC to take over if/when Dino is fired

1) G.J. Kinne
2) Ryan Silverfield
3) Shawn Clark
4) Cignetti
5) Jeff Traylor

Bonus add on there…. Bob Chesney

1) G.J. Kinne - how does hiring a guy from Texas and no clue about our situation help?
2) Ryan Silverfield - he has a losing career record in the AAC
3) Shawn Clark - started off well with other guy's players and hasn't been good the last 2 years
4) Cignetti - absolutely if he wants the job
5) Jeff Traylor - another Texas guy

I think Chesney will be the guy and I think he would do well here before moving on.

Who knows, he’s a NE guy

He might stay right here if he give him the tools for success

I don't care for lists anymore but the more I think about it the more I think I'd shake the bushes for someone who knows the ACC and has been successful (in some capacity) within the ACC. I think there is something to be said for a coach who doesn't have to learn the Conference Opponents, recruiting territories (or the officials :). I might start my list from the ACC tree in some capacity.

A guy like Chesney might be an amazing coach but he's not going to energize the base, or sell advance tickets or walk into the living room of a high profile transfer and get them to Syracuse.

But at the end of the day I want a guy who has a handle on things. From nutrition, to S&C, to scheme, to development to decisions. It's not an easy job.

Who knows, he’s a NE guy

He might stay right here if he give him the tools for success
he's actually from PA. He's just coached in NE for his last 3 spots. feels like a Pasqualoni in 1991 hire where Penn St is lurking but who cares...if he's good enough to get penn st then we're in good shape

Thoughts on Matt Patricia?

Not saying he's high on my list - I don't really have a list he's just a guy that popped into my head. Has the Cuse roots. I think his head coaching style would be a MUCH better fit in college than the pros. Would definitely need a strong OC as was saw last year.

And because of his failure at Detroit, I don't think he's the kind of guy who will be gone in 3 years if he does well. Maybe 5 but if it's on the back of success, good luck to him.

I don't care for lists anymore but the more I think about it the more I think I'd shake the bushes for someone who knows the ACC and has been successful (in some capacity) within the ACC. I think there is something to be said for a coach who doesn't have to learn the Conference Opponents, recruiting territories (or the officials :). I might start my list from the ACC tree in some capacity.

A guy like Chesney might be an amazing coach but he's not going to energize the base, or sell advance tickets or walk into the living room of a high profile transfer and get them to Syracuse.

But at the end of the day I want a guy who has a handle on things. From nutrition, to S&C, to scheme, to development to decisions. It's not an easy job.
I don’t think there should be a northeast phobia look at Ryan Day or Chip Kelly.

In no particular order, of likeliness or reality based metrics:

Ed Orgeron
Dan Mullen
Urban
The Dazzler
Marrone
Bo Pelini
Manny Diaz
Ken Whisenhunt
Matt Patricia
Tony White
Joe Philbin

Thoughts on Matt Patricia?

Not saying he's high on my list - I don't really have a list he's just a guy that popped into my head. Has the Cuse roots. I think his head coaching style would be a MUCH better fit in college than the pros. Would definitely need a strong OC as was saw last year.

And because of his failure at Detroit, I don't think he's the kind of guy who will be gone in 3 years if he does well. Maybe 5 but if it's on the back of success, good luck to him.
He did way better with Max Jones than bag O brien. Despite being blamed for everything.

But while we’re at it let’s suggest bill O’Brien he did ok at pedo st or Stephen Belichick. Or Bill?

he's actually from PA. He's just coached in NE for his last 3 spots. feels like a Pasqualoni in 1991 hire where Penn St is lurking but who cares...if he's good enough to get penn st then we're in good shape

Lol I would count PA as “Northeast” which is what I was referring to

Not “NE” as New England

I don’t think there should be a northeast phobia look at Ryan Day or Chip Kelly.

I don't put any stock in a guy's success who waltzed into a situation like Ohio State and coaches at Ohio State. It recruits itself. Chip Kelly ? He was one of a kind and ahead of the curve as far as northeast coaches. Guy made his mark at Oregon. If you can find another one cool.

Last edited:
Agree completely. Football staffs now go way beyond a handful of assistants. You need to be able to manage a coaching and support staff that numbers four dozen plus. Any P4 HC candidate needs to have previous head coaching experience.

It has to be someone who has had success program building at the P5 level.

My line of work is turning around companies. It’s what I do. And I can’t tell you how valuable it is to recruit people for the team that have similar experience. It isn’t just the experience per se, it’s the mental toughness you need to be able to walk into a situation that’s broken, see the potential, and ride the crazy storm of a turnaround plan.

That’s the type of person we need. Someone who has done it before and has been successful with it, and has had some sustained success at a P5. Someone who prioritizes building a disciplined program with strong line play. A building blocks guy that can surround himself with strong position coaches that are solid recruiters.

Chesney
Cignetti
Mullen
RichRod
Manny Diaz
Fritz
Chadwell

Paul Johnson ;-)

Last edited:
Chesney would be a smash hit for Cuse fans
I can't stomach a loss to BC next Friday but I actually hope they keep winning games after that because Chesney is a perfect fit there. Need those dumbasses to keep Hafley around as long as possible.

He probably wouldn't "win the press conference" but anyone who knows college football would think it is a great hire. I have a million thoughts on the program going in that direction but I'm not wasting my time writing an essay trying to convince people until Dino actually gets canned.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom