Glad to have Hopkins. | Syracusefan.com

Glad to have Hopkins.

OrangeCrush22

All Conference
I'm so glad he never accepted another job. We'll have a capable coach to take over now if/when Boeheim is fired.

I'm so glad he never accepted another job. We'll have a capable coach to take over now if/when Boeheim is fired.

Boeheim isn't getting fired over this. Preliminary info says he didn't cover anything up. If anything, he retires at the end of the year...

I love Hop and my gut says nothing significant comes from all of this. But, IF this is true and IF it happened as long as this guys says, it would be the end of the whole staff. They had to have known since this guy was on road trips etc. But again, I do NOT think this will pan out like it appears it could. 3 investigations already and all denials except this 1 guy.

hate to break it to ya buddy, if JB gets fired. You can't keep anyone on this staff. They all gotta be fired!

hate to break it to ya buddy, if JB gets fired. You can't keep anyone on this staff. They all gotta be fired!

If Penn State only has to fire one person from the staff, for an even worse situation. Then we can get away for firing two people, and not the entire staff.

I assume you're also advocating the firing of the university investigative staff, the police investigators, the PS investigators, and the ESPN investigators.

They were also involved in this massive multi-entity cover up.

Good news for the college kids, a lot of jobs about to open up.

If Penn State only has to fire one person from the staff, for an even worse situation. Then we can get away for firing two people, and not the entire staff.

They are all gone at the end of the season. They are all getting fired once their last game is played. They can't fire everyone in season, but trust me not one penn st coach is keeping their job.

What world do you live in?

They are all gone at the end of the season. They are all getting fired once their last game is played. They can't fire everyone in season, but trust me not one penn st coach is keeping their job.

What world do you live in?

A world where everyone affiliated with the PSU football program, still have jobs. ;)

The dread is beginning to sink in about the affect this whole story can have on our basketball program...true or false.

Recruiting?...holding the team together?

My head hurts.

A world where everyone affiliated with the PSU football program, still have jobs. ;)

And their current head coach last week was talking to Mike Tomlin and Lovie Smith about potential jobs because he has been told the entire staff is fired at seasons end.

If true, then Hopkins can't coach. Have to bring in a completely new staff.

how would they have to know? no they wouldnt have to know, if Fine got hookers late at night when everyone else was sleeping for 20 years would they know? no they wouldnt. you act like they are around him 24/7. it takes minutes to do these shady activities.

read the accusations and the where and when. then get back to me. you sound like a psu fan. btw, don't forget i said "IF".

If true, then Hopkins can't coach. Have to bring in a completely new staff.
Hopkins arrived in Syracuse as a freshman in 1989. His coaching tenure began in 1995. Why would he be tainted by anything alleged to have happened before his time?

Hopkins arrived in Syracuse as a freshman in 1989. His coaching tenure began in 1995. Why would he be tainted by anything alleged to have happened before his time?

Isn't the story that abuse had been going on for over 15 years? Whether or not Hopkins knew anything, you need to clean out the staff. Very insular staff breeds conspiracy theories .

I thought the story was that the alleged abuse of tjhis one individual took place over a period of 15 years. For 9 of those years Davis was a legal adult; he was in fact in his 20s by the time Hopkins was hired. So maybe Hopkins had inklings that Bernie was "dating" a 20-something young man? Maybe Hopkins had suspicions that Bernie was a closeted homosexual but not necessarily a closeted pedophile? Very insular boards also breed conspiracy theories.

i know what was said and theres no way in hell you can know where someone is 24/7. so even if bernie did this theres a very good chance noone else knew except bernie and his victims.

except he says it happened on road trips, 2 f4's, in hotel rooms, at boeheims bball campetc. if it is true, jb knew. at least that the kid was around like jb just said.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom