Glad we got that bad game out of our system. | Syracusefan.com

Glad we got that bad game out of our system.

OrlandoCuse

Living Legend
Typically when you have a bad game in the NCAA tourney you go home. We are going to the Sweet 16. Be happy and enjoy!

Typically when you have a bad game in the NCAA tourney you go home. We are going to the Sweet 16. Be happy and enjoy!
True, but I wonder why they played as poorly as they did.

Agreed. This is the last game Triche is non-existent in his Syracuse career. Book it.

They didn't play poorly. Stick to watching your Miami Heat games dude and rooting for them if you think keeping the lead in double digits all second half is playing poorly.

Why the hell are Syracuse fans so entitled where did this come from? How can we seriously be getting this much crap from our "fans" for not winning by 30? Seriously.

We were awesome first half. And second half we fought and it made up for the fact everyone was out of rhythm and each guy missed a couple more fts than they liked (and Southerland had foul probs.)

My theory is they were sandbagging on purpose.
They realized they tipped their hand to how good they actually are in the Montana game and that they wouldn't be able to catch teams off guard in the next round if they kept playing like that.
Same thing they did the final few games leading up to the BE tourney.

They didn't play poorly. Stick to watching your Miami Heat games dude and rooting for them if you think keeping the lead in double digits all second half is playing poorly.

Why the hell are Syracuse fans so entitled where did this come from? How can we seriously be getting this much crap from our "fans" for not winning by 30? Seriously.

We were awesome first half. And second half we fought and it made up for the fact everyone was out of rhythm and each guy missed a couple more fts than they liked (and Southerland had foul probs.)

First of all I am a Boston Celtics fan and also root for the Knicks because of Melo. So you are wrong in your 1st baseless assumption. Speaking of facts, regardless of the differential in the opponents score, Syracuse did not play one of it's better games. In an earlier post I commented how defensively they were awesome. Why jump down someones throat when they make an observation, based on fact, that doesn't dovetail with your opinion? The facts are as follows: We won the game primarily with outstanding defense. The team made considerably more mistakes than they usually do, Triche had a horrible offensive performance by going 1-8 , we missed 15 free throws, Southerland was in foul trouble for half the game.

I want this team to win as much as anyone else here. The forum's purpose is to create a place where people can come and discuss their perceptions, observations, questions, and reactions to all things Orange. Although I don't agree with everything that other forum members post here, I don't feel compelled to be dismissive of other posters because of it. At the end of the day this team is going to have to play better than they did against Cal if they are going to continue to advance. As far as feeling entitled, your intolerance speaks directly to that.

This game reminded me a LOT of the Depaul game--we had a fairly sizeable lead, but didn't have great offensive second half, which was offset by going to the line a lot. At the end of the game, we handled the opponent, but didn't play "well."

I don't think you can take anything away from last night's performance, beyond that we went into a hostile environment and handled the pressure well. We could and should have easily beat those guys by close to 20.

Time to forget it and get ready for the next game. Whoever the opponent is, we'll need to play better offensively.

The team was solid defensively all game last night. Offensively, the players regressed at times (especially in the second half on possessions where we weren't drawing fouls) to the over-dribbling habit. The off-the-ball movement and decisive ball movement that the players executed in the previous four-and-a-half games went missing. I'm sure that will be addressed as the players watch the film. Whether or not the players respond by incorporating purposeful screening, cutting, and passing remains to be seen.

The team was solid defensively all game last night. Offensively, the players regressed at times (especially in the second half on possessions where we weren't drawing fouls) to the over-dribbling habit. The off-the-ball movement and decisive ball movement that the players executed in the previous four-and-a-half games went missing. I'm sure that will be addressed as the players watch the film. Whether or not the players respond by incorporating purposeful screening, cutting, and passing remains to be seen.

Agreed. Purposeful movement on the offensive end is a beautiful thing. Standing around and watching one player dribble and go one-on-one I can do without.

Bingo! Spot on observation. It seems that the off-the-ball movement and ball movement are the 1st things to deteriorate once they begin to play tight or encounter full court pressure. It instantaneously changes the entire vibe of the team.

I feel like the travel and late starts contributed to some of the sloppy play. Add the road game atmosphere and I think we did OK (not great). Adding all those factors together is worth 8-10 points on Cal's side, IMO.

We definitely had some warts this game, I expect (hope) those factors won't be an issue in DC.

This team thinks way to much and get rattled really easily! There isn't a player that really puts the team on their back. MCW does at times but not like KJ, Scoop, or Dion last year! As far as the game went yesterday, umm they played horrible on offense with no flow, if you can't notice that, take off the rise colored glasses!

Agreed. Purposeful movement on the offensive end is a beautiful thing. Standing around and watching one player dribble and go one-on-one I can do without.

I'm with you--there is nothing like watching a team that moves well without the ball. Additionally, unless the player dribbling ad nauseum to set up a one-on-one move is LeBron, Kobe, Durant, or Carmelo, I can do without that style of play, too. Last I checked, none of those players are on this year's Orange squad.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom