Go Duke | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Go Duke

What does a VT loss matter? They are in a different division. A VT win would give the ACC another possible big time match up betweem them at Miami, and then again in the ACC Championship game. A better ACC makes a better Syracuse

A better SU makes SU look better. That conference stuff never does anything for SU. Screw VT and Beamer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

like i said i'm not going to tell you who to root for. but thanks for breaking the news to me that it doesn't influence who wins the game. here i was all along thinking i effected the outcome. i probably won't sleep for a week now

You've just spent about six posts trying to convince people they should have been rooting for VT...so yes, you are trying to tell people who to root for.

For the record, your ability to sleep or not is completely irrelevant to me as well.

A better SU makes SU look better. That conference stuff never does anything for SU. Screw VT and Beamer.

the conference we have been in that past couple months? i wasn't expecting a miracle overnight or anything

newsflash: the ACC already looks weak to the other relevant conferences

The SEC is very weak this year. The B1G isn't that good. The Big 12 isn't what it was.

Who's relevant??

cuse fan since 75 so don't tell me i don't care about the cuse . i am more fan of team and players rather then confrence and was never a fan of the big east either

I can't believe someone on this board is trying to convince me I should have rooted for the Hokies...what's next? Root for Duke hoops vs The Citadel?

I can't believe someone on this board is trying to convince me I should have rooted for the Hokies...what's next? Root for Duke hoops vs The Citadel?

since you mention it, yes you probably should

That's what I said in a earlier post.

Sorry. Replied to a post before yours. Great minds think alike.

the conference we have been in that past couple months? i wasn't expecting a miracle overnight or anything

Any conference. The ACC is fine. We don't need to be rooting for VT if someone hates them, which I do. Look for the same thing on the basketball side. I hate Duke and will never root for them.

since you mention it, yes you probably should

Good Lord, you really are committed to looking like a fool tonight.

Edit: Do we need to root for Duke lax, too? I mean, it really reflects poorly on Syracuse lax when Duke lax loses...

normally I would reach for a beer over these threads...tonight I going high test with cheap vodka.

then getting up early and killing me a bambi

What does a VT loss matter? They are in a different division. A VT win would give the ACC another possible big time match up betweem them at Miami, and then again in the ACC Championship game. A better ACC makes a better Syracuse

You need to move to Virginia, you'll learn to hate everything about them. A VT loss is always good.

I think someone is overthinking the conference affiliation thing. I will never root for Va. Tech in any ACC scenario unless it helps us win our division and get in the championship. F the Hokies!!!!! Same goes for the U.

Syracuse needs to take of Syracuse and win games. Screw the other programs. We take care of us and the rest takes care of itself.

I will root for FSU this year (except against us-shock the world) since the national championship is all that actually seems to matter anymore anyway.

Actually, if we shock the world and beat them in Tally it would be HORRIBLE for the conference and i couldn't care less.

Good Lord, you really are committed to looking like a fool tonight.

I really didn't think this needed to be explained, but apparently it does.

it depends what you care about. if all you care about is Syracuse University like me then a better ACC is better for Syracuse. Would you rather benefit Syracuse in the long or get your rocks off on laughing at Duke because they lost to The Citadel, or VT for a few seconds of joy. Never mind neither school gives the slightest about you. Anyways why would you want Duke to get beat by The Citadel in non conference play? Seeding is done by SOS, RPI, and conference RPI. How does The Citadel beating Duke improve that? Plus you want to beat Duke when they are at their best, not some so so middle of the road school. The Citadel winnings helps Syracuse in no way.

As for football it's the same general concept. look at how the overall success of the SEC has even helped the lower tier SEC teams. Kids want to go to schools to play against the best. College Gameday will be at FSU next weekend giving more hype to the conference because Miami came back and beat WF today. I know I am sure you were rooting for WF, but College Gameday wouldnt be going there if they didn't win. Sure you probably don't care about that, but the overall attention for the conference helps. It's free advertisement. Kids want to play in the best conferences. Nobody cares about equality you need power teams. Look at exapnsion and how the ACC was almost wiped out because they didn't have strong football.

It's really not that hard to understand

What I find impressive is that the fact that literally every single person in this thread disagrees with you...but you are sticking to your guns. Bravo.

it depends what you care about. if all you care about is Syracuse University like me then a better ACC is better for Syracuse. Would you rather benefit Syracuse in the long or get your rocks off on laughing at Duke because they lost to The Citadel, or VT for a few seconds of joy. Never mind neither school gives the slightest about you. Anyways why would you want Duke to get beat by The Citadel in non conference play? Seeding is done by SOS, RPI, and conference RPI. How does The Citadel beating Duke improve that? Plus you want to beat Duke when they are at their best, not some so so middle of the road school. The Citadel winnings helps Syracuse in no way.

As for football it's the same general concept. look at how the overall success of the SEC has even helped the lower tier SEC teams. Kids want to go to schools to play against the best. College Gameday will be at FSU next weekend giving more hype to the conference because Miami came back and beat WF today. I know I am sure you were rooting for WF, but College Gameday wouldnt be going there if they didn't win. Sure you probably don't care about that, but the overall attention for the conference helps. It's free advertisement. Kids want to play in the best conferences. Nobody cares about equality you need power teams. Look at exapnsion and how the ACC was almost wiped out because they didn't have strong football.

It's really not that hard to understand

Having said all that the outcome of the Duke - Va. Tech game had absolutely no bearin on any of what you're talking about. Doesn't affect the national scene at all and has no bearing on ACC national recognition. So i guess you just picked a horrible game to make your point.

So because the ACC needs Florida State and/or Miami to be great, we need to root for Virginia Tech. Got it.

I give up , you have straightened me out, i have seen my wrongs. i will now cheer for every ACC team besides Syracuse to go 0-4 in the non conference because we hate those evil hokies and canes and eagles ... we will be fine though

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom