Go Duke | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Go Duke

What I find impressive is that the fact that literally every single person in this thread disagrees with you...but you are sticking to your guns. Bravo.

I have his back in this. If you're a fan - the best way to think is: I want the conference to be the best and I want my team at the top of the best conference. The end.

You can root for Beamers garage to catch fire for all I care - but you cannot argue that Duke winning vs VT is good for the ACC this year. If Duke was a one loss team and ranked on the top 15, a loss to VT would be just as bad for the conference.

---

Perspective: I always wanted Georgetown to be undefeated with NC on their minds when we faced them (with us undefeated and NC aspirations). It's sweeter to beat your rivals when they are at the top. To rip their dreams to shreds when they are good. I never shed a tear when they lost - but I always wanted them relevant when they played us.

I think all of us Syracuse fans wish the ACC well, but a lot of us don't wish to give up our historical animosity towards certain programs.

I'll always savor a VT loss...football or basketball. Duke basketball and lacrosse. Texas anything. Ohio State anything. Notre Dame football.

We're fans, there's no right way to be a fan. We're individuals.

Having said all that the outcome of the Duke - Va. Tech game had absolutely no bearin on any of what you're talking about. Doesn't affect the national scene at all and has no bearing on ACC national recognition. So i guess you just picked a horrible game to make your point.

well VT had 1 loss if they won, and Miami beat FSU the following week then that would end up being another marquee acc game. or how about FSU playing a 1 loss VT in the ACC Championship. FSU and Oregon are splitting hairs with their computer numbers right now. A FSU win over a 1 loss VT in the ACC Championship game could have been another great win for FSU since they really dont have any tough games left besides Miami next week, while Oregon has a loaded schedule.

I give up , you have straightened me out, i have seen my wrongs. i will now cheer for every ACC team besides Syracuse to go 0-4 in the non conference because we hate those evil hokies and canes and eagles ... we will be fine though

So...Virginia Tech losing to Duke was an out of conference loss for the Hokies?

I have his back in this. If you're a fan - the best way to think is: I want the conference to be the best and I want my team at the top of the best conference. The end.

You can root for Beamers garage to catch fire for all I care - but you cannot argue that Duke winning vs VT is good for the ACC this year. If Duke was a one loss team and ranked on the top 15, a loss to VT would be just as bad for the conference.

---

Perspective: I always wanted Georgetown to be undefeated with NC on their minds when we faced them (with us undefeated and NC aspirations). It's sweeter to beat your rivals when they are at the top. To rip their dreams to shreds when they are good. I never shed a tear when they lost - but I always wanted them relevant when they played us.

finally someone with reason

well VT had 1 loss if they won, and Miami beat FSU the following week then that would end up being another marquee acc game. or how about FSU playing a 1 loss VT in the ACC Championship. FSU and Oregon are splitting hairs with their computer numbers right now. A FSU win over a 1 loss VT in the ACC Championship game could have been another great win for FSU since they really dont have any tough games left besides Miami next week, while Oregon has a loaded schedule.

then go root for UCLA right now. problem solved ;) i'm done.

Also: VT is not a current rival. You can hate them all you want, but they are only slightly more relevant to us than Rutgers. We'll play them what, every 6 years or something.

Well RandyGoDuke's (ex?) girlfriend will be happy...unless she was one of those 'basketball only' types.

So a 5-2 Duke team beat a ranked Virginia Tech team is a disaster for the ACC? really?

---

I also root for the top 25 ACC teams not playing Syracuse to continue to be top 25 teams.

By your reasoning we should lose to any team that has a better won loss than SU, because it would be better for the conference as a whole. Sorry not buying.

By your reasoning we should lose to any team that has a better won loss than SU, because it would be better for the conference as a whole. Sorry not buying.

seriously. i mean really. the whole point just went right over your head

What I find impressive is that the fact that literally every single person in this thread disagrees with you...but you are sticking to your guns. Bravo.
I agree with him.

Everyone's happy to be out of the Big East American. Why is everyone happy? Because the teams you play against, and the perception of your conference, affect Syracuse greatly. Having four teams in our conference ranked in the top 14 was huge for the ACC and Syracuse. The ACC is Syracuse's home, the stronger and more prominent it is, the better it is for Syracuse.

This is not hard: you want your great conference teams to be great and you want to be better than them.

You can hate VT and still see the loss as bad for the conference.

This is getting rich. Now we have people saying if you don't root for every team in the ACC you don't really care about SU.

I never rooted for Gtown. We still did fine. Screw VT football. Screw Duke basketball.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is getting rich. Now we have people saying if you don't root for every team in the ACC you don't really care about SU.

I never rooted for Gtown. We still did fine. Screw VT football. Screw Duke basketball.

just for clarification your only have to root for every ACC team in non-conference play. you only have to root for a few select teams in conference play...although all depends on the situation;)

I get that its good for SU to be in a strong conference. But F the Hokies and F the U. I don't care if they are not annual "rivals" anymore. I've been an Su fan a very long time and I hate Penn St, Va Tech, Miami, Pittsburgh and BC. Always will and will never cheer for any of them. Just won't.

It's not rooting for every team - it's rooting for what's best for the conference.

Here's the analogy: you root for your neighbors to renovate their homes and add value to the neighborhood (even if they are #%!holes) because your property value goes up.

For better or worse we're in the ACC - I want to see the conference be great - because it makes us look better when we do well in it. See: Mizzou's 10 spot jump in the rankings. Thanks to the perception of the SEC.

It's not rooting for every team - it's rooting for what's best for the conference.

Here's the analogy: you root for your neighbors to renovate their homes and add value to the neighborhood (even if they are #%!holes) because your property value goes up.

For better or worse we're in the ACC - I want to see the conference be great - because it makes us look better when we do well in it. See: Mizzou's 10 spot jump in the rankings. Thanks to the perception of the SEC.

nice analogy

i'd like to hear a couple long time ACC guys thoughts on this. Lou C or TampaNole you around?

Yeah, it's getting nuts. VT losing is fun. ACC and SU won't suffer because of it.

For me, the joy of getting off the RMS Titanic was so that we didn't have to worry if our ranked conference team lost. ACC is fine. ACC is strong. Laugh at a Hokie today. I know I am.

I get that its good for SU to be in a strong conference. But F the Hokies and F the U. I don't care if they are not annual "rivals" anymore. I've been an Su fan a very long time and I hate Penn St, Va Tech, Miami, Pittsburgh and BC. Always will and will never cheer for any of them. Just won't.

You don't have to root for them. Root for what's best for the conference.

I hated losing to Va Tech and the U all those years - but it was sweet beating them after they were so dominant, right? What if the U had Temples conference record all those years? They wouldn't have been a rival, they wouldn't have been a big game - and the Big East would have suffered.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom