Go Duke | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Go Duke

Wonder how many of the posters who think we should have been rooting for VT also think the MetLife games are a good thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wonder how many of the posters who think we should have been rooting for VT also think the MetLife games are a good thing.

i think it's a terrible idea, but understand why it was done at the time.

I really didn't think this needed to be explained, but apparently it does.

it depends what you care about. if all you care about is Syracuse University like me then a better ACC is better for Syracuse. Would you rather benefit Syracuse in the long or get your rocks off on laughing at Duke because they lost to The Citadel, or VT for a few seconds of joy. Never mind neither school gives the slightest about you. Anyways why would you want Duke to get beat by The Citadel in non conference play? Seeding is done by SOS, RPI, and conference RPI. How does The Citadel beating Duke improve that? Plus you want to beat Duke when they are at their best, not some so so middle of the road school. The Citadel winnings helps Syracuse in no way.

As for football it's the same general concept. look at how the overall success of the SEC has even helped the lower tier SEC teams. Kids want to go to schools to play against the best. College Gameday will be at FSU next weekend giving more hype to the conference because Miami came back and beat WF today. I know I am sure you were rooting for WF, but College Gameday wouldnt be going there if they didn't win. Sure you probably don't care about that, but the overall attention for the conference helps. It's free advertisement. Kids want to play in the best conferences. Nobody cares about equality you need power teams. Look at exapnsion and how the ACC was almost wiped out because they didn't have strong football.

It's really not that hard to understand

Screw VT and Beamer and Mark Warner and that crew. It was a decade in purgatory because of them.

We lost to GT 56 to zippy and we absurdly over schedule. VT losing is like the Redskins losing, a good day in the neighborhood.

That's a heck of a bridge. Anyone rooting for Met Life games is either rooting for a short commute or the bank account.

were talking long term. perception of the conference is what matters. now everyone is back to saying it's soft because of this loss, and miami, and clemson struggle.

You know what would help the perception of the conference? Winning a friggin' BCS bowl game more than once every six years.

Without that, all this mental masturbation about what's good for the conference is a waste of time. Which is why it's stupid and pointless to worry about an in-conference game in October, and people that think Duke beating VT was"bad for the conference" have over thought things to the point that they've lost all grasp on reality.

Vt wasn't making a BCS bowl game...and based on what we saw yesterday I have full confidence that if they did, they would have gotten beaten like a rented mule. That would have been bad for the ACC. Duke exposed VT for the middling team they are before that could happen - which was good for the conference. GO DUKE!!

You know what would help the perception of the conference? Winning a friggin' BCS bowl game more than once every six years.

Without that, all this mental masturbation about what's good for the conference is a waste of time. Which is why it's stupid and pointless to worry about an in-conference game in October, and people that think Duke beating VT was"bad for the conference" have over thought things to the point that they've lost all grasp on reality.

Vt wasn't making a BCS bowl game...and based on what we saw yesterday I have full confidence that if they did, they would have gotten beaten like a rented mule. That would have been bad for the ACC. Duke exposed VT for the middling team they are before that could happen - which was good for the conference. GO DUKE!!

Root for who you like - keep it simple, whatever works ... You were killing some pretty sound logic and a good poster is all...

duke's win also pushed our game vs Maryland to acc RSN as if duke loses we likely get there espn u slot

This is a pretty funny read given what has happened since this thread. All of the hand-wringing about Miami and VaTech and Oregon seems pretty funny now. Duke seems legit and is getting some national attention.

There are certain teams I have always rooted against (G'town, UConn, VaTech, Miami) and I always will, consequences for the conference be damned. VaTech and Miami were posers anyway. Everyone can root for or against anyone they like. Things usually have a way of working themselves out.

No, just not buying what you are selling.

don't buy what i'm selling that's fine.

but the fact is the overall perception of the ACC this season has the bed since Miami and VT stumbled in a few games. The ACC went from having a break out year, to another ho hum, so what season.

don't buy what i'm selling that's fine.

but the fact is the overall perception of the ACC this season has the bed since Miami and VT stumbled in a few games. The ACC went from having a break out year, to another ho hum, so what season.
You seem to have a big problem with anyone not agreeing with you. Sorry for you, but just don't care so give it a rest.

It's not rooting for every team - it's rooting for what's best for the conference.

Here's the analogy: you root for your neighbors to renovate their homes and add value to the neighborhood (even if they are #%!holes) because your property value goes up.

For better or worse we're in the ACC - I want to see the conference be great - because it makes us look better when we do well in it. See: Mizzou's 10 spot jump in the rankings. Thanks to the perception of the SEC.

Yes, but you still let your dog crap in their yards.

That's a heck of a bridge. Anyone rooting for Met Life games is either rooting for a short commute or the bank account.

I like the MetLife games (every other year is about right). But I am not rooting for a short commute or money. For me it's about expanding our brand in NYS.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom