Go low but bold | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Go low but bold

Football's a rural and suburban game; I'd be willing to bet that a huge minority of SU ticketholders are city residents. Don't think those numbers have much to do with the attendance.

Though I helped start this argument, I don't think population changes (or lack thereof) are what we should look at.

Aside from the persistent losing, it's just a TV problem.

Going to the Dome in the 1990s >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>either not seeing a blacked-out game or watching it on your 25" cathode ray tube TV.
Watching every game on a 60" HD screen in 2017>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>going to the Dome. (At least for a lot of people.)

I don't think we're going back to the old days on this one. Especially now that a new generation of people has been raised with no clue that the Dome can be a fun place to watch a football game with other fans.
Which is why I agree with the premise of a 38k dual purpose stadium. I know it sounds small for football but your almost always assured a near sellout every week and in hoops you have the capacity for those special games. It also allows you to more easily dictate pricing for tickets as you have a better idea of sales in advance

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom