Go vote - ESPN poll question does NC State deserve an apology | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Go vote - ESPN poll question does NC State deserve an apology

I started a thread a few days back about how insane the NC St board was. I was just lurking, and wow, what a mess. Granted, some of it had to do with the tough loss they had, but certainly not all. Some of the threads over there were completely absurd and made me want to go read a book. I mean it seemed like half the words were bleeped out with an *.

Is it always like that? Seems the mods don't do a great job. This board is also very well run, so maybe I'm biased.

Feeding the aggie delusion has become a cottage industry. Not only do the mods on that site contribute to the silliness - including the stalking of Carolina athletes and the mocking of sick, injured, or murdered UNC students and student athletes - but they also vigorously cultivate the epistemic closure by keeping the poster base pure of other fans and the rare reasonable aggie. You'll notice that PackPride's article on the Syracuse game focused on the foul on Warren, and not the parade of failure that came after.

The site and its mods protect the cyclical NCSU culture because it generates hits. Truthfully, there is nothing notable about the current state of their athletic programs. Instead, they keep the buzz going by feeding the "Wait Til Next Year" mentality, which gives rise to a sense of entitlement. That entitlement runs headfirst into yet another disappointing season, which the aggies turn into outrage and conspiracy theories. A candid discussion of their programs would be a short conversation, so PackPride has constructed something else.

Houston I have a problem.
What the heck is a suplex?

Various versions- in short, wrap your arms around the stomach/lower chest of the person in front of you, and then pick them up as you fall backwards and throw them onto their back.

Yes, it is always like that. In fact, it can get worse.

Umm, their mods take part in those meltdowns, including the sites owner.

This is true. The mods on PackPride are often the instigators of the behavior. They try to create a mob frenzy. The blast in the media in January about the academic problem at UNC in the AFAM dept was a result of an organize effort by their mods (and te Raleigh news paper) to flood emails, tweets, etc of every news organization. It worked, picked up by CNN, CBS Sports, etc... now many of those people are backing away because UNC has exposed the staff member as being a fraud.

Some of this is their unexpected loss to Clemson last night, local radio and Raleigh news is on the record as saying they were robbed at Syracuse and would win out the remainder of the regular season.

I hope people can see that the majority of votes are from North Carolina and New York...? With NC voting about two times as often as NY...? Remove both states and the answer becomes a resounding no vote.

Can this be tacked?

It's not your opinion- it's a fact. There is so much happening throughout the course of a basketball game it is literally impossible to get every call. In fact, some act like there is always a completely right/wrong call, but it's just not the case. Refs will ALWAYS impact the game, because fouls/out of bounds calls, etc are part of the game.

Everyone complains about officiating at some point, but again, that is just part of the game.

Sometimes the calls go your way, sometimes they don't. In the long run, everything tends to regress back to the mean.

The rule of thumb is that there are about 400 call/no call situations during a game. If they get 99% of them right, the only real question from there is which one of the other 4 will make it on SportsCenter?

NCS was so busy whining about their near miss against Syracuse that they forgot to play Clemson. Serves 'em right.-VBOF

and the hits (on ESPN's website) keep on coming.