Going through withdrawal | Syracusefan.com

Going through withdrawal

I'm with you on your analogy. Students are back and I assume are working out on their own or with coaches in individual work outs. With the Carmelo Center we don't get as many observations from fans. Minor inconvenience if we are able to pull in the bball players we're targeting. I am most curious to get some observations on Tyler Roberson who didn't get any play in Canada. After Ennis he probably has the most upside potential to get regular minutes this fall.

Not Pringles. "Bet you can't eat just one" was a Lays Potato Chip advertisement from the late 1960s.
Me, I just get crumbs on my fingernails now when going for my Mani-pedi

As great as the canadian preview was it has also got me knid of stuck in some weird inbetween sports fandom time. After seeing our bball team the NFL is less interesting than usual, golf season is winding down, college fball is not really my thing and going to my girls soccer games is just painful. Soccer is what it is but when the kids are 5-8 its brutal.

That month away from MM seems like forever right now.

I really, truly try to get into football every single year. I watch every SU football game, and have for years. I watch the NFL as my roommate always has it on. Unfortunately, it just doesn't do it for me. The games last ~4 hours, too many sissy penalties (targeting? seriously?), commercials out the wazoo (commercial, punt, commercial, 3 and out, commercial, etc).

Gimme basketball any day of the week. PLEASE GIMME BASKETBALL.

I really, truly try to get into football every single year. I watch every SU football game, and have for years. I watch the NFL as my roommate always has it on. Unfortunately, it just doesn't do it for me. The games last ~4 hours, too many sissy penalties (targeting? seriously?), commercials out the wazoo (commercial, punt, commercial, 3 and out, commercial, etc).

I watch every football game, even had to pay for BTN last week, but basketball is my first love, theres no comparision for me. And when our bball team is capable of winning it all like it has been the past few years its a no brainer for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - http://tapatalk.com/m/

The NFL gets harder and harder to watch. I especially agree with the commercials, they seem constant and your lucky to see 5min straight of actual action. The targeting is freaking hilariou, of course i'm targeting because I want to not only takle the guy, but try to separate him from the ball and oh yah make him think twice before running freely over the middle again. The other thing is that you almost can't take QB's down any more becasue you can't go high, can't go low, can't be late and basically have to approach with cation. They get away all the time and are so over protected. Every throw away not to a reciever in the area should be intentional grounding if they are going to be so protected. For two weeks now the NFL has just bothered me when I watched. I'd rather watch redzone than the actual games anymore. Don't get me started how every team even the crappy ones drive the ball and score at the end of halfs after doing nothing for 25min of game time.

The NFL gets harder and harder to watch. I especially agree with the commercials, they seem constant and your lucky to see 5min straight of actual action. The targeting is freaking hilariou, of course i'm targeting because I want to not only takle the guy, but try to separate him from the ball and oh yah make him think twice before running freely over the middle again. The other thing is that you almost can't take QB's down any more becasue you can't go high, can't go low, can't be late and basically have to approach with cation. They get away all the time and are so over protected. Every throw away not to a reciever in the area should be intentional grounding if they are going to be so protected. For two weeks now the NFL has just bothered me when I watched. I'd rather watch redzone than the actual games anymore. Don't get me started how every team even the crappy ones drive the ball and score at the end of halfs after doing nothing for 25min of game time.
I'm a Giant fan. That's why the NFL hurts right now. :(

Come on, BIG BLUE!

Last edited:
Can't wait until basketball starts. Love football, but don't have a favorite team, although I love watching Jersey A and Jersey B struggle each week.

I'm a Giant fan. That's why the NFL hurts right now. :(

Come on, BIG BLUE!

Me to dude! No worries though. Eli will be fine once we get an actual running game going and the backs figure out the protections. It says a lot when Jacobs is in more than the other two on obvious passing downs. The defense has had some breakdowns bit also played well at times. But have faith the Skins blow this year. The Eagles have NO D and Kelly is a joker. The Boys are exactly that since they are lead by a crazy owner, a cub scoat coach and one of the wprst big moment QB's around.

You guys need the Redzone channel. The only problem with it is you practically need a catheter because you'll never get up to go to the bathroom.

After watching NFL games, college football is so comically bad that it just doesn't bear watching. It's the exact opposite of the NBA (caveat: I do think that both NFL and NCAA football players are trying during games, where-as NBA players are not, it's just that the talent gulf is so wide between college and NFL they are like different sports altogether.)

You guys need the Redzone channel. The only problem with it is you practically need a catheter because you'll never get up to go to the bathroom.

After watching NFL games, college football is so comically bad that it just doesn't bear watching. It's the exact opposite of the NBA (caveat: I do think that both NFL and NCAA football players are trying during games, where-as NBA players are not, it's just that the talent gulf is so wide between college and NFL they are like different sports altogether.)

Thats pretty much all I watch even when the Giants are on anymore. But when its Sunday night or Monday night with one game you realize how much time there is actually nothing happeneing. I mean how much of Payton waving and gesturing can you endure in one day?

Thats pretty much all I watch even when the Giants are on anymore. But when its Sunday night or Monday night with one game you realize how much time there is actually nothing happeneing. I mean how much of Payton waving and gesturing can you endure in one day?

I agree but then you just pause your DVR for about 45 minutes while doing something else and you can fast forward all the commercials for a half.

I agree but then you just pause your DVR for about 45 minutes while doing something else and you can fast forward all the commercials for a half.

I hear you and use the DVR yself all the time but how sad is it that you have to do that with what should be an action sport. And you know we aren't talking about just through the commercials and such.

Because it's one of the all time great NFL quarterbacks in action I can watch it all night. His brother is good but a far second best.

Because it's one of the all time great NFL quarterbacks in action I can watch it all night. His brother is good but a far second best.

Give me the guy who plays his best in the biggest moments not the guy who is great week 1-14 and in his one and only SB championship his team won inspite of his crappy play. Call me unimpressed with payton under the gun when it really matters. Last year how in gods name do you even give the Ravens a chance to come back twice at home? Ughhh people will one day try to say he's better than Tom Brady who actually if it weren't for Eli would have what 6 now?

Dollars to donuts Payton would trade stats with Eli to have that second SBC like his little bro. Payton and all his pre snap BS is just anoying to me. Yes some is meaningfull but half of it is politicing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom