Golden To Penn St | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Golden To Penn St

Any good coach with any common sense will turn down the Penn St job, it is a lose, lose situation. No matter what record you have, unless you win the big 10, and get in the playoff, because of Joe it won't be enough. You will always be considered a failure, the next coach after this coach might be far enough removed to be considered successful.

That logic could be used to describe out basketball team after Coach B retires.

Look at Wooden-UCLA, Smith-North Carolina, Thompson-Georgetown, its not good following legends.

In Smith and Thompson cases they were replaced by assistants who were older, I don't remember with Wooden, but no-one could have been successful there. Mike is quite a bit younger then JB, and GMAC, and Red will make a good transition, when the time comes. Having the Carrier Dome, now being in a new conference will also help.

In Smith and Thompson cases they were replaced by assistants who were older, I don't remember with Wooden, but no-one could have been successful there. Mike is quite a bit younger then JB, and GMAC, and Red will make a good transition, when the time comes. Having the Carrier Dome, now being in a new conference will also help.

Bartow replaced Wooden and he went to the Final Four his 1st year and the Sweet 16 his 2nd year. But the UCLA fans were nuts with higher expectations than that.

He left after 2 years to start the UAB athletics office basically from scratch.

Cheers,
Neil

James Franklin to PSU. Book it. Look for announcement Sunday or Monday.

Franklin is heading to Texas. He's not going to kill his career in Happy Valley.

Golden feels that loyalty to Joe Pa to return home and handle the family business.

If so, good for us. Expect Coach McDonald to poach the s-h-i-t of their recruits.

if it ultimately is Golden I am worried about 1 of our guys getting poached first. Golden coached Custis older brother at Temple, and has been in contact with him down at Miami

and larry Johnson hasn't been interviewed yet,and hoping he won't be and he leaves pissed off as hell.

it's was said he is pissed off if a coach is hired before his interview

if it ultimately is Golden I am worried about 1 of our guys getting poached first. Golden coached Custis older brother at Temple, and has been in contact with him down at Miami

I'm not losing sleep over Custis. Great player, but probably an even swap for a few Cane commits. In all seriousness, he also has some a holly restraints that may keep him from doing so.

MaxwellCuse said:
Maybe it's just because I'm a 62 year old New Yorker but if I have the choice of living in Miami or metropolitan State College, Pennsylvania I'm taking my sun screen and heading to South Beach.

Maybe it's because I'm a human, but if I have the choice of living in Siberia or metropolitan State College, Pennsylvania, I'm taking my winter coat and heading to Russia. State College = C-R-E-E-P-Y.

I can't lose sleep about Custis either if we land Enoicy. They're basically the same player and Enoicy is comsidered a top 10 Broward County player.

Franklin is heading to Texas. He's not going to kill his career in Happy Valley.

Golden feels that loyalty to Joe Pa to return home and handle the family business.

Nope. PSU wants Franklin. Done deal.

Nope. PSU wants Franklin. Done deal.

Why would Franklin want that. He makes 3 mil a year now and has very little
pressure. He can wait for a huge job someday and avoid the dumpster which is PSU a team that will never be OSU or Michigan in B10

I can't lose sleep about Custis either if we land Enoicy. They're basically the same player and Enoicy is comsidered a top 10 Broward County player.

I don't know I think Custis is one of our better prospects. Something is weird with Edoicy. Why is it down to Cuse and FIU? Custis seems to be a much better athlete.

I don't see us flipping any Miami kids either.

Why would Franklin want that. He makes 3 mil a year now and has very little
pressure. He can wait for a huge job someday and avoid the dumpster which is PSU a team that will never be OSU or Michigan in B10
I think Franklin has been itching to move. Not saying it's PSU but somewhere.

Not really. It's not the following of success that is the problem at PSU. It's that the new guy is expected to keep the cult alive.

I am not worried about losing any player who would even consider going to PSU. If a kid doesn't understand what went down there, he isn't smart enough to earn a degree from SU.

I don't know I think Custis is one of our better prospects. Something is weird with Edoicy. Why is it down to Cuse and FIU? Custis seems to be a much better athlete.

I don't see us flipping any Miami kids either.

I'm always concerned about grades but Enoicy might just be one of those oddball kids who don't smooch with the recruiting services or go gaga over the big boys. He's been quiet.

We'll never know the story with him but the sentinel or palm beach post - forget which - was reporting big time offers for him last spring and rated the kid extremely high after his junior season.. I have to put some stock in that because they are newspapers with well connected sources who've been in the game for years. It's not Cohen and Mink.

The sentinel said he was inconsistent but still a #1 type wr though I don't think so. More of an hback/TE in my mind.

The pbp still rates him high after his senior year - #11 on their board

http://blogs.palmbeachpost.com/high...the-updated-class-of-2014-big-board-rankings/

Senior highlights on a bad team

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/o/1992106/highlights/92381379

At last years army combine he measured 6'3.75" 224 ran a 4.9 and had a 29.5" vert.

Last edited:
I'm always concerned about grades but Enoicy might just be one of those oddball kids who don't smooch with the recruiting services or go gaga over the big boys. He's been quiet.

We'll never know the story with him but the sentinel or palm beach post - forget which - was reporting big time offers for him last spring and rated the kid extremely high after his junior season.. I have to put some stock in that because they are newspapers with well connected sources who've been in the game for years. It's not Cohen and Mink.

The sentinel said he was inconsistent but still a #1 type wr though I don't think so. More of an hback/TE in my mind.

The pbp still rates him high after his senior year - #11 on their board

http://blogs.palmbeachpost.com/high...the-updated-class-of-2014-big-board-rankings/

Senior highlights on a bad team

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/o/1992106/highlights/92381379

At last years army combine he measured 6'3.75" 224 ran a 4.9 and had a 29.5" vert.

He kind of reminds me of Estime a bit in that I feel he's a bit of a tweener and that's what's really holding his recruitment back. Great WR size but not ideal WR speed, probably more of an HBack than anything but he could be a guy that would be a mismatch nightmare in the right role.