Golden To Penn St | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Golden To Penn St

He kind of reminds me of Estime a bit in that I feel he's a bit of a tweener and that's what's really holding his recruitment back. Great WR size but not ideal WR speed, probably more of an HBack than anything but he could be a guy that would be a mismatch nightmare in the right role.

I really can't see him anywhere but TE. He made some great plays, but almost every reception he was tightly covered. Basically no separation he just used his physical ability to beast kids who can't match up with him. That won't happen in the ACC. If we are talking TE that's a different story. Will just need to bulk up some, but some do most high schoolers

I really can't see him anywhere but TE. He made some great plays, but almost every reception he was tightly covered. Basically no separation he just used his physical ability to beast kids who can't match up with him. That won't happen in the ACC. If we are talking TE that's a different story. Will just need to bulk up some, but some do most high schoolers

If he bulks up a bit and improves his speed numbers, 4.7-4.8 forty at that size and ability isn't bad.

Sounds like a great guy. But I got a little bit leery at the end of his presser/interview when he said this is his "dream job" and State College was home. Potential for a Walking Dead episode...

zombiejoepaterno.jpg

If Golden leaves the names being linked to the Miami job are Chud, Schiano, Cristobal, Erickson according to some the press in South Florida's twitter accounts. That's what they are saying

In Smith and Thompson cases they were replaced by assistants who were older, I don't remember with Wooden, but no-one could have been successful there. Mike is quite a bit younger then JB, and GMAC, and Red will make a good transition, when the time comes. Having the Carrier Dome, now being in a new conference will also help.

Look at Les Miles following Saban .. its not like it doesn't happen where the next guy in line does well.

From footballscoop...

James Franklin: James Franklin has been asked to interview by both the Redskins and the Browns per Adam Schefter who adds that Franklin interviewed weeks ago for the Texans job as well. Will be interesting to see if Franklin chooses to meet with Penn State officials as we were told he would. Still think there is a good chance that happens.

This "carousel" is picking up speed.;)

From footballscoop...

James Franklin: James Franklin has been asked to interview by both the Redskins and the Browns per Adam Schefter who adds that Franklin interviewed weeks ago for the Texans job as well. Will be interesting to see if Franklin chooses to meet with Penn State officials as we were told he would. Still think there is a good chance that happens.

This "carousel" is picking up speed.;)

Its moving so fast I might get sick.

@AndySlater
Source: Al Golden to inform team today that he is leaving to Penn State

Slater is a Miami radio guy.

@AndySlater
Source: Al Golden to inform team today that he is leaving to Penn State

Slater is a Miami radio guy.
Same guy says replacements could be Dipshit Schiano, Buch Davis, and Rob Chudzinski. I would take Davis out of that bunch.

Same guy says replacements could be Dipshit Schiano, Buch Davis, and Rob Chudzinski. I would take Davis out of that bunch.
My money would be on CHUD.
MV5BNDM4NTkwMDczMV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwMTgzMTA5__V1_SX640_SY720_.jpg

@mortreport: Miik Munchak is scheduled to interview today with alma mater, Penn State, after turning down a hefty raise and extension offer from Titans.

Interesting, he was let go from the titans, wonder if he has the inside track to coach PSU

I thought Munchak got fired?

EDIT: He was fired because he refused to change his staff, he could have stayed if he fired a few folks.

I think munchak gets psu job, franklin heads to nfl, golden stays put. I think Franklin has it made, if he loses big in the nfl in 2-3 years he gets rehired in college at a bigger job than he has now. Win win for him.

I don't see franklin being very good at all in the NFL. Too bad oleary is too old! he would be a good nfl HC.

I think munchak gets psu job, franklin heads to nfl, golden stays put. I think Franklin has it made, if he loses big in the nfl in 2-3 years he gets rehired in college at a bigger job than he has now. Win win for him.

I don't see franklin being very good at all in the NFL. Too bad oleary is too old! he would be a good nfl HC.

Franklin won't go to the NFL. If he can't get PSU or a similar NCAA upgrade, he'll stay put at Vandy.

Statement from Head Coach Al Golden

"There has been much speculation concerning my future at the University of Miami. While I am flattered that our progress at The U during an extremely difficult period of time is recognized, I am also appreciative of just what we have here at UM and I am not a candidate for another position. We are eager to welcome our student athletes back to campus next week and visit with prospective student-athletes and their families beginning January 15."

Statement from Head Coach Al Golden

"There has been much speculation concerning my future at the University of Miami. While I am flattered that our progress at The U during an extremely difficult period of time is recognized, I am also appreciative of just what we have here at UM and I am not a candidate for another position. We are eager to welcome our student athletes back to campus next week and visit with prospective student-athletes and their families beginning January 15."

So Munchak, Franklin or Johnson?

FootballScoop Staff @footballscoop
Suspect Penn State will decide tonight between James Franklin and Mike Munchak. Both were expected to meet w them today.

So Munchak, Franklin or Johnson?

FootballScoop Staff @footballscoop
Suspect Penn State will decide tonight between James Franklin and Mike Munchak. Both were expected to meet w them today.
I hope it's Munch. He hasn't be involved in college football in 31 years. Hard to get back into it. I know it's been done with Jim Mora in UCLA but i'll take my chances. This guy isn't a big rah rah go get him energy guy.

Last edited:
I hope it's Munch. He hasn't be involved in college football in college football in 31 years. Hard to get back into it. I know it's been done with Jim Mora in UCLA but i'll take my chances. This guy isn't a big rah rah go get him energy guy.

Johnson has been pretty vocal, I have the video to prove it;), that he wants the HC job. If they give it to Franklin or Munchak does Johnson stay or threaten to leave? I wouldn't mind seeing him leave.