Golden To Penn St | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Golden To Penn St

Yep, if you go out on a limb with these predictions often enough, you might eventually get one right. Never mind the 27 epic fails that preceded it.

I have been saying Franklin since last week because that's what I've been told both out of State College and the JF circle.

Similar to trading Penny Lane and a case of Heineken to Humble Pie to settle a gambling debt, I'd bet PeteCalvin's mom on it.

No he won't.

I'll bet you a dome foam he bolts Vandy for Penn State. I think he'll be a great recruiter for PSU, and a break from the JoePa lineage is really a good move for them to go forward.

The Vandy AD says he will "empty the vault" to keep Franklin. That's pretty strong (no pun intended).

If PSU hires Franklin, they might as well keep the search committee on speed dial for when the inevitable pull of the NFL gets too overwhelming. What's the over/under on that 2.5 years?

I'll bet you a dome foam he bolts Vandy for Penn State. I think he'll be a great recruiter for PSU, and a break from the JoePa lineage is really a good move for them to go forward.

He might, my post (made it too quick) was that it really isn't going to change anything for us recruiting-wise.

He might, my post (made it too quick) was that it really isn't going to change anything for us recruiting-wise.

Oh- gotcha. Agreed. I think he takes a bigger bite out of UMD, Rutgers, Va Tech and UVa than us.

I found this interesting from the article:

A report today from FootballScoop.com says Penn State officials "were not pleased with how yesterday went" with Franklin, which could be the reason for Roman's interview.

I'd rather see Franklin land somewhere other than PSU.

A report today from FootballScoop.com says Penn State officials "were not pleased with how yesterday went" with Franklin, which could be the reason for Roman's interview.

He probably told them I want nothing to do with the past, we need a clean break, and a new beginning, with all the old group outside the program.

baggerbob said:
He probably told them I want nothing to do with the past, we need a clean break, and a new beginning, with all the old group outside the program.

Exactly. Because that's how it looks to everyone who's not a joebot.

Hoping for a "Franklin removes his name from PSU job consideration" article.

Hearing on the radio that Penn State is spinning it to appear that the Vandy football rape case is making them back off. It appears to me that PSU is trying to save face.

I have been saying Franklin since last week because that's what I've been told both out of State College and the JF circle.

Similar to trading Penny Lane and a case of Heineken to Humble Pie to settle a gambling debt, I'd bet PeteCalvin's mom on it.

Would you now? I'll have you know that the talking heads on XM today are highly skeptical that PSU will land anyone of consequence at this point. Brett McMurphy was one guy who thought the fact that an announcement HAD NOT been made already makes him wonder about the things behind the scenes we don't know. The fact that this has dragged on for over a week and names have changed is not a good sign. The consensus seems to be that if an official announcement isn't made by Friday, there are problems in Happy Valley.

BTW, my mom has excommunicated you from the extended family.

After O'Brien blasted them on his way out, Why would any coach with any respect for his family want the job? Only one of their family tree of players who have no conscience, and still are in complete denial would want the job.

After O'Brien blasted them on his way out, Why would any coach with any respect for his family want the job? Only one of their family tree of players who have no conscience, and still are in complete denial would want the job.
can you say " shady come on down"

I just can't shake the feeling that there is an 'insider vs. outsider' battle taking place within the Ped State community and quite possibly the search committee.

If they're now down to Munchak vs. Roman battle, and I have no idea if they are, then I gotta think that Munchak is the fave. But he's got a group of coaches with him and many of them are NFL-types, so he might want to stay in the League if he can get another job. As for Roman, would you settle for a guy with no HC experience who says that he wants to settle down in Happy Valley? Don't you want someone who shows some fire in the belly? Guy sounds like he's looking for a nice golden parachute, not like a guy dying to prove he's HC material.

I just can't shake the feeling that there is an 'insider vs. outsider' battle taking place within the Ped State community and quite possibly the search committee.

Bingo.

can you say " shady come on down"

Nothing would please me more than to see Shady drag Penn State into oblivion. But I don't think he's on anyone's radar at this point, at any relevant program.

Everyone else on the outside realizes the damage done there but the JoeBots. The O'Brien rant just sealed the deal for most of the coaching community. They will get someone who WANTS to be a HC or a big pay raise. That is all.

If Golden didn't take it, What

In fairness to Ped State, Miami DOES have its attractions:

'Best dope in the world...and it's free!!'

If you like twitter, coaching hires and flight tracking check these accts:
@KevinHornePSU
@BSDtweet

@SportsCenter
THIS JUST IN: Penn State has offered head coach job to Vanderbilt coach James Franklin. A decision is expected Thursday.