Golf, Golf and more Golf | Syracusefan.com

Golf, Golf and more Golf

orangeinnyc

Starter
Starting a golf thread for all the ppl interested. Just shot an 88 today at Midfle Bay on Long Island. Pretty tough course, had two terrible par 5 holes where I had two 7s, and one par 3 where I had a 6 but other than that I played pretty well. 2 birds and used the 56 on several shots and hit it right both times, one 3 feet from the cup for an easy bird AZOrange Bulldog04

Summer is upon us. Time for golf. For those that do not know, my whole life has been golf and it is my profession so use this to ask anything and I love the board so happy to help as much as I can and share as many pga tour stories as I got. This could be fun

Has anyone played the ocean course at Hammock Beach Resort?

Who you guys got for pga championship? I like Rory sleeper for me is hovland

Summer is upon us. Time for golf. For those that do not know, my whole life has been golf and it is my profession so use this to ask anything and I love the board so happy to help as much as I can and share as many pga tour stories as I got. This could be fun
Is Phil always this entertaining?

I see that Luke had a good weekend last tournament. Maybe a good sign of things to come?

Who you guys got for pga championship? I like Rory sleeper for me is hovland
Rory was awesome when the PGA was last there in 2012. He has emerged from the wilderness just in time and has to be one of the biggest favorites.

Is Phil always this entertaining?

The answer is yes. He is fantastic. I got to do some stuff with him with Callaway during players week (not me in photo) at the club I run and we have mutual friends from my time in SoCal. He genuinely takes an interest in everyone and even better, He is the biggest You know what talker in the world and the greatest guy to be around.
I got some great Phil stories for those interested...

Attachments

• 8FB9A0AF-FB21-4737-8082-2BA3877C7DDC.jpeg
    8FB9A0AF-FB21-4737-8082-2BA3877C7DDC.jpeg
    108.7 KB · Views: 158
I see that Luke had a good weekend last tournament. Maybe a good sign of things to come?
Luke List? Yes. I can’t yell at him enough about his putting and he finally listened. He is one of my best friends and I was in his wedding and fun fact, Luke almost quit golf in 2012. I got him to come stay with me in California for couple months and got him in gear. Dude is crazy talented and I killed him in fantasy football this year which is even better. Too bad it didn’t pay the same as his T6 last week. Keep following him!

Luke List? Yes. I can’t yell at him enough about his putting and he finally listened. He is one of my best friends and I was in his wedding and fun fact, Luke almost quit golf in 2012. I got him to come stay with me in California for couple months and got him in gear. Dude is crazy talented and I killed him in fantasy football this year which is even better. Too bad it didn’t pay the same as his T6 last week. Keep following him!
That’s who I meant. We’ve shared some private Inbox messages about him and had some good conversation. Check them. Not sure you have been seeing some of the ones I sent

Rory was awesome when the PGA was last there in 2012. He has emerged from the wilderness just in time and has to be one of the biggest favorites.

I’m going with good wind players and Georgia or SC guys. Kisner. DJ. That place is brutal if wind gets going. Can’t rule Rory out but I think it might be a spot for a new comer who is good in the wind

That’s who I meant. We’ve shared some private Inbox messages about him and had some good conversation. Check them. Not sure you have been seeing some of the ones I sent
I Definitely have not. How do I get to my messages ? Serious question. Probably why I have missed them. My apologies

I Definitely have not. How do I get to my messages ? Serious question. Probably why I have missed them. My apologies
Your inbox symbol should show like an email message has arrived. We exchanged quite a bit about The Heritage and Hilton Head.

Oh boy. This is the thread I’ve been wanting.

Never been a golfer. Golfed for the first time when I joined a team in the oraangeyes tournament. Was really bad (I was there for the booze).
Last year, during the pandemic, I bought an actual set of clubs and started grinding away. TikTok and YouTube has been my friend. I hit about 100 balls 5-6 days a week. Shot my best round of 94 in November last year here in Albany.

Have a 6:30 tee time at my home course. I’m definitely a work in progress. My irons are starting to be a strength. I’ve always been a decent putter. Chipping and my driver are the freaking bane of my existence. I’ll take any and all advice. I’ve literally fallen in love with this game and have enjoyed the tasks I’ve given myself. Last years year 1 goal was to break 100. This years goal is to do it consistently and get to 90.

Bulldog, resident golf pro, let’s chat haha.

Oh boy. This is the thread I’ve been wanting.

Never been a golfer. Golfed for the first time when I joined a team in the oraangeyes tournament. Was really bad (I was there for the booze).
Last year, during the pandemic, I bought an actual set of clubs and started grinding away. TikTok and YouTube has been my friend. I hit about 100 balls 5-6 days a week. Shot my best round of 94 in November last year here in Albany.

Have a 6:30 tee time at my home course. I’m definitely a work in progress. My irons are starting to be a strength. I’ve always been a decent putter. Chipping and my driver are the freaking bane of my existence. I’ll take any and all advice. I’ve literally fallen in love with this game and have enjoyed the tasks I’ve given myself. Last years year 1 goal was to break 100. This years goal is to do it consistently and get to 90.

Bulldog, resident golf pro, let’s chat haha.
Heck out my boy, Kevin Roman’s videos.

Bulldog quick question. What is causing a snap hook off the tee with a driver and how do you fix it? Also how do you hit a draw?

I played pretty well today but wasn’t great off the tee. A few snap hooks of the tee kinda hurt but also had a nice 313 yard drive that led to a missed birdie.

Bulldog quick question. What is causing a snap hook off the tee with a driver and how do you fix it? Also how do you hit a draw?

I played pretty well today but wasn’t great off the tee. A few snap hooks of the tee kinda hurt but also had a nice 313 yard drive that led to a missed birdie.
Check your grip. Usually snap hooks happen BC your right hand is Too strong and the face is too shut because of it. Google tigers grip and compare it to yours. Always always always start with grip

Check your grip. Usually snap hooks happen BC your right hand is Too strong and the face is too shut because of it. Google tigers grip and compare it to yours. Always always always start with grip
Thanks! I will.

Also. Ya got any good gambling stories stories about some of the tour guys? Heard Phil plays a money game on tuesdays before tournaments right?

Also. Ya got any good gambling stories stories about some of the tour guys? Heard Phil plays a money game on tuesdays before tournaments right?
I got to play with him at Shady Canyon in Newport. My buddy backed the thing but you have to play by Phil’s rules or he won’t play with you. He plays a morning game with his amateur friends (minimum 30k gambled) and then afternoon with pros. He can press when he wants and always starts at 5k per match or press. When we played with him he said he was working on stuff so he didn’t want to go crazy but that still meant 2500 match and press. He was facetiming his coach on every hole because he was playing awful and then walked off on 11. Paid my friend and said see ya later... lol. He basically tries to make you play for any amount that makes you uncomfortable and he wins often. If he’s losing he doubles the match and all presses on last hole so he can break even. If you win, you have to go in and play Gin or Liars dice with him. MANDATORY or you don’t ever get invited back... he brings a fanny pack with him with 60k cash everyday, it’s quite wild ..

craziest one no one really knows about is right after he won his first green jacket, he goes back to Augusta for the weekend to play and what not. Impromptu trip but of course is going to play a money game. One guy that was supposed to play couldn’t so a member joined them. That member just happened to beat Phil for $265k that day. Phil got done and was mad he played so poorly and the other guy played well and Phil was not happy. He was running his mouth throughout the clubhouse and said he was only going to pay the guy .40 on the dollar take it or leave it.
Little did he know this guy was on the board at Augusta and within 30 minutes Phil was sitting in the board room on a virtual call with other board members and they told him you either pay him today or you are never coming back. Amy had to wire him the money and he paid the guy. The power of Augusta won that day and so did that board member haha. Crazy story

I got to play with him at Shady Canyon in Newport. My buddy backed the thing but you have to play by Phil’s rules or he won’t play with you. He plays a morning game with his amateur friends (minimum 30k gambled) and then afternoon with pros. He can press when he wants and always starts at 5k per match or press. When we played with him he said he was working on stuff so he didn’t want to go crazy but that still meant 2500 match and press. He was facetiming his coach on every hole because he was playing awful and then walked off on 11. Paid my friend and said see ya later... lol. He basically tries to make you play for any amount that makes you uncomfortable and he wins often. If he’s losing he doubles the match and all presses on last hole so he can break even. If you win, you have to go in and play Gin or Liars dice with him. MANDATORY or you don’t ever get invited back... he brings a fanny pack with him with 60k cash everyday, it’s quite wild ..

craziest one no one really knows about is right after he won his first green jacket, he goes back to Augusta for the weekend to play and what not. Impromptu trip but of course is going to play a money game. One guy that was supposed to play couldn’t so a member joined them. That member just happened to beat Phil for $265k that day. Phil got done and was mad he played so poorly and the other guy played well and Phil was not happy. He was running his mouth throughout the clubhouse and said he was only going to pay the guy .40 on the dollar take it or leave it.
Little did he know this guy was on the board at Augusta and within 30 minutes Phil was sitting in the board room on a virtual call with other board members and they told him you either pay him today or you are never coming back. Amy had to wire him the money and he paid the guy. The power of Augusta won that day and so did that board member haha. Crazy story
That is so incredible. What a story. I can’t imagine losing that type of money in a day haha but I’m not Phil. That’s a weak move to not pay as well, glad it didn’t come to that. Surprised to hear the leadership at Augusta is okay with that level of gambling. But msn that’s a great story, thank you for sharing. I’m all ears if you have any others you wanna share!!

Absolutely incredible story...

I tried messaging you again. Just curious if it is actually working

How often does everyone play here?? I live in nyc so I don’t get much chance to practice but I try to play around once a week. Now that the weather has turned I’m going to go to the range this week at Chelsea piers. Playing on Saturday and coming off a nice round of 88. I’m playing an easier course so I really wanna tear it up.

My goal is to break 80 this summer. I think it’s definitely possible I just need to stay consistent and avoid the blow up holes. Had 3 triple bogeys and 2 double bogeys yesterday and those absolutely crushed my score. I need to play smarter and actually learn when to be aggressive and when/where to miss shots. I was long on two holes and it left me with tough down hill chips. On the flip side I putted for birdie 6/9 holes on the back so that was encouraging. if anyone has any tips or ideas I’m all ears!

Also is anyone in the market for new irons?? I just got the mizuno jpx 921 hot metal pros and I can’t recommend them enough. They are trendies and feel great. I’ve gained 5-10 yards of distance and am hitting the ball straighter and cleaner. I’m a tall guy so I got these custom fitted a half an inch longer and it feels so much better than my old ping g2s my dad handed down to me. For tall guys, the guy who fitted me said I should never buy an iron off the rack again due to my size so I’d imagine that applies to everyone 6”3 and over. Man I love golf haha. I can go on and on in this thread.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom