Gonzaga reportedly joining the Big East. Fiscarelli strikes again! | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Gonzaga reportedly joining the Big East. Fiscarelli strikes again!

Eastern Division: UCONN, Providence, Gtown, Nova, St Johns, Seton Hall, UMASS. Western Division: Marquette, Depaul, Butler, Xavier, Creighton, Dayton, Gonzaga. Home and away against teams in your division and 1 against teams from the other. Cuts travel down tremendously, especially for teams in the Eastern Division..
The only thing more unlikely than Gonzaga joining the Big East is UMass getting into the big east.

Every WCC game I've ever seen looks like they're playing in a high school gym. How much can their media rights be? It's a long way from Spokane to the teams in California. Gonzaga already logs the most miles in the country to try to improve strength their schedule. Gonzaga is a national level program just behind the top blue bloods. They can't be in that high school gym conference anymore.

His recruiting stuff has been pretty good, including calling Mintz to Cuse before anybody. His conference expansion reporting/predictions have mostly been bad takes. He actually said Kansas was angling to join the Big East for all sports and go indie in football. Bwahahahahaha.
Let me say this….fact: Kansas has been asking around to leave the Big 12. The concept of them pulling a UCONN wound not surprise me... though it’d be further down the list of desired outcomes.

Let me say this….fact: Kansas has been asking around to leave the Big 12. The concept of them pulling a UCONN wound not surprise me... though it’d be further down the list of desired outcomes.
That’s the best outcome for KU. Pretty obvious to me that nobody else wants them…and it’s been that way for years.

In a free world not encumbered by league binding contracts with huge buy out constraints, what do you feel is Syracuse’s best options:
1) Stay in the ACC and see what teams leave and what new teams join the league
2) Return (if allowed to) to the Big East and play against Traditional foes (Villanova, St. John’s, Connecticut, BC, Providence, Gonzaga)?
3) Join a new league
4) become an independent.

Believe they will do #1, mainly because of football Lack of appeal.
#2 The Big East is not the Big East we came to love. Same teams are there but new ones are coming in
#3 The only for this to happen is for the current ACC is to dissolve. If was to happen, then I would try for #2 the Big East.
#4 Won’t happen because we are not an appealing orange in football or basketball at this time. We are rebuilding in both areas (won’t say how the rebuilding is going)

Kansas isn't really part of any cultural region of the country. They're Jayhawkers.

With the new reality that a conference can have a team in New York and another in Utah, perhaps it's best to eventually get rid of geographical conference names which will help make the conference teams makeup less of a joke. With that, the top division 1 College football and basketball teams are major money makers and should be required to have team planes to move coast to coast in little time for games.

Thinking about the documentary regarding the formation and early days of the Big East, it is amazing how out of control it has all become in a short period of time.

CA regs, thick as a brick. The Gov is President of the Board but not the Chair. Never-the-less, he runs the State. I was just in CA for 2 weeks and the Gov was on TV a lot sounding off against the change. I would not dare to predict the outcome. That is how I heard about the PAC - Big 12 merger talks. I'll be back there in a week or two. Perhaps there will be more clarity. The Gov wants more of a formal public discussion, not satisfied the way this was done. He is pretty enraged.

Every WCC game I've ever seen looks like they're playing in a high school gym. How much can their media rights be? It's a long way from Spokane to the teams in California. Gonzaga already logs the most miles in the country to try to improve strength their schedule. Gonzaga is a national level program just behind the top blue bloods. They can't be in that high school gym conference anymore.

WCC got 2 at larges that is more than any mid major pretty much ever gets.

Does the MAC let Kansas join for football only?

Big East hoops and MAC football would be a very good outcome for Kansas. Wouldn't have to go full Uconn.

In a free world not encumbered by league binding contracts with huge buy out constraints, what do you feel is Syracuse’s best options:
1) Stay in the ACC and see what teams leave and what new teams join the league
2) Return (if allowed to) to the Big East and play against Traditional foes (Villanova, St. John’s, Connecticut, BC, Providence, Gonzaga)?
3) Join a new league
4) become an independent.

Believe they will do #1, mainly because of football Lack of appeal.
#2 The Big East is not the Big East we came to love. Same teams are there but new ones are coming in
#3 The only for this to happen is for the current ACC is to dissolve. If was to happen, then I would try for #2 the Big East.
#4 Won’t happen because we are not an appealing orange in football or basketball at this time. We are rebuilding in both areas (won’t say how the rebuilding is going)

Whatever comes of the ACC its still going to be a good fit for us. The Big Ten and SEC are awful fits.

We love college basketball as Syracuse fans but the sport isn't as popular as it was 20+ years ago ESPECIALLY in the Big East markets around us. We would regret the move. Away games wouldn't have juice they once did. A program like ND is better suited to returning to the Big East for hoops than us. Even commuter school Louisville who were always in weak conferences.

We aren't a draw like we were when we left the conference. JB has really put the program in the doldrums. We aren't going to be a big fish in a small pond we'll be another small fish in a small pond that used to be a big fish.

I really want to see the basketball program in the hands of an elite coach with no ties to the program. Someone like Underwood, Musselman, or Oats.

Oh and we need to cling to ESPN for dear life. They put a Boeheims Army game against a bunch of guys who didn't play competitive ball past high school on during prime time last night. Automatic non starter even thinking about a FOX or CBS broadcast league they would NEVER show our games.

Whatever comes of the ACC its still going to be a good fit for us. The Big Ten and SEC are awful fits.

We love college basketball as Syracuse fans but the sport isn't as popular as it was 20+ years ago ESPECIALLY in the Big East markets around us. We would regret the move. Away games wouldn't have juice they once did. A program like ND is better suited to returning to the Big East for hoops than us. Even commuter school Louisville who were always in weak conferences.

We aren't a draw like we were when we left the conference. JB has really put the program in the doldrums. We aren't going to be a big fish in a small pond we'll be another small fish in a small pond that used to be a big fish.

I really want to see the basketball program in the hands of an elite coach with no ties to the program. Someone like Underwood, Musselman, or Oats.

Oh and we need to cling to ESPN for dear life. They put a Boeheims Army game against a bunch of guys who didn't play competitive ball past high school on during prime time last night. Automatic non starter even thinking about a FOX or CBS broadcast league they would NEVER show our games.
Every guy on the Nerd Team played in college and or overseas.

Every guy on the Nerd Team played in college and or overseas.
I was referring to the first round. Those guys would have all played at a much lower level in college it was a huge mismatch everyone on BA was somewhat close to making the NBA. It was on big ESPN at 7pm.

We are the only team that ESPN has promoted at all they wanted to air the Rucker Park games b/c its sort of like outdoor hockey games in the winter and has that appeal and then us.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom