Good for Tyler Ennis | Syracusefan.com

Good for Tyler Ennis

Lets say he goes 6th

2 years with the 3rd year a team option = 8.3 million

He isnt going 6th. He will be lucky to go in the top 12.
My thoughts too. I'm surprised he didn't wait a bit to see who else is coming out, which will impact it greatly. He must be pretty confident right now, not even knowing who else comes forward.

Lets say he goes 6th

2 years with the 3rd year a team option = 8.3 million

I think most boards have him between 12-18 now. And the 4th or 5th pg taken. Big difference. Still big money but different.

Marsh01 said:
He isnt going 6th. He will be lucky to go in the top 12.
I can't imagine he goes ahead of where mcw went considering the class.

He'll be a journeyman pro. Ten years barring injury. He already established himself as a great ball handler. I can't recall anyone embarrassing him handling the rock. With all the coaching and facilities available at the pro level (not to mention year round training), he will develop a reliable J and will be asset to any team in the NBA.
Congrats to Tyler.

He obviously has intel that he will be a lottery pick and if so, going pro is the right decision.

As someone said before, you never turn down guaranteed money.

Thank you Tyler, continue on the tradition of Lottery Pick Cuse guards. The last 2 to come out of here are carrying the banner pretty well now, make it 3!

Never ever turn down $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Depends on the player and the circumstances.

Fab Melo: smart to take the money and run (or lumber) away.
Donte Greene: had the tools to really be an NBA player with 3-4 years of hard work in college. He sold his future for some upfront cash.

Depends on the player and the circumstances.

Fab Melo: smart to take the money and run (or lumber) away.
Donte Greene: had the tools to really be an NBA player with 3-4 years of hard work in college. He sold his future for some upfront cash.
Tyler is a guaranteed Lottery Pick. Donte Greene was not. Tyler also has better people advising him than Donte. I know you're not trying to compare the two, just pointing out that in this day in age, if you're a Lottery Pick, its REALLY hard to turn that down.

Now Jerami Grant on the other hand, not a Lottery Pick unless he blows people away at Combines. He's in that Donte Greene territory where he should come back. Tyler, not so much.

It's not about being NBA ready, it's about being NBA Draft ready

I watched Knicks/Kings and Pacers/Heat last night. Point Guards included were:

Raymond Felton
Norris Cole
Mario Chalmers
Ray McCallum
Pablo Prigioni
George Hill
Donald Sloan

Tyler Ennis is better than anyone on that list.

I watched Knicks/Kings and Pacers/Heat last night. Point Guards included were:

Raymond Felton
Norris Cole
Mario Chalmers
Ray McCallum
Pablo Prigioni
George Hill
Donald Sloan

Tyler Ennis is better than anyone on that list.

Ehhhhhhh

Col. Bleep said:
Depends on the player and the circumstances. Fab Melo: smart to take the money and run (or lumber) away. Donte Greene: had the tools to really be an NBA player with 3-4 years of hard work in college. He sold his future for some upfront cash.

He didn't sell his future. Greene had a family financial need to go.

This draft isn't all that deep...and the two PG's ahead of Ennis are an 18 year old from Australia who most people haven't seen against top competition and Marcus Smart, who could be great or could be the next JR Smith. Ennis is a lottery lock.

Who on that list do you think is better than Tyler?

Tyler was a great college guard. Give another year in college and he could develop into what could be a great NBA guard.

I'd take Chalmers over him.

longislandcuse said:
Who on that list do you think is better than Tyler?

Charmers and Cole are better for sure.

Tyler was a great college guard. Give another year in college and he could develop into what could be a great NBA guard.

I'd take Chalmers over him.

So he is done developing since he is leaving?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom