Good for Tyler Ennis | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Good for Tyler Ennis

cuseguy said:
I haven't watched more than 10 minutes of an NBA game in years. But I'm excited that the Knicks still have a shot at the playoffs with a sub .500 record. Yeah, right. Meaningless.

Beyond meaningless. I honestly thought that hakim warrick was still on the suns until last week. That is how little i pay attention. Awful basketball

I guess at the draft camp we will see if he can guard man to man. I love what he did this year but he's a boy physically in a man's league. Can you imagine the wall he will hit after game 30? You can be slightly built and highly successful: Nash, Stockton, Curry today. But those guys are truly elite at shooting, passing, playmaking.

BTW, ironic money play coming on the day of the union decision. College athletes don't have it so bad after all.

as long as he goes in Rd 1 the money is guaranteed. That's all that matters.

docsu said:
Inconsistent officiating! Burn offense! Sub 100 combined final scores!
Still better than the hip hop all show no game boring butt ass nba basketball that is more image driven than any sport in todays game. Zero passion whatsoever.

cant blame ennis, but him leaving is a huge blow... Any honest, realistic fan knows this

Marsh01 said:
Beyond meaningless. I honestly thought that hakim warrick was still on the suns until last week. That is how little i pay attention. Awful basketball

I didn't know Warrick played for the Suns.

Ha.

Is Jason Hart still in the league?

College assistant at USC, right?

cuseguy said:
I didn't know Warrick played for the Suns. Ha. Is Jason Hart still in the league? College assistant at USC, right?
No clue. Come to think of it i have never watched wes jonson play. Once they leave here i could care less

Still better than the hip hop all show no game boring butt ass nba basketball that is more image driven than any sport in todays game. Zero passion whatsoever.

Really spoken like someone who pays no attention to the NBA. No passion in that Heat/Pacers game at all last night.

I guess we'll agree to disagree. I derived no enjoyment from watching us play this year aside from a couple games. And those are OUR games ie involving the team I've lived and died with for close to twenty years.

Watching college ball has become a chore to me. And that's pretty sad.

docsu said:
Really spoken like someone who pays no attention to the NBA. No passion in that Heat/Pacers game at all last night. I guess we'll agree to disagree. I derived no enjoyment from watching us play this year aside from a couple games. And those are OUR games ie involving the team I've lived and died with for close to twenty years. Watching college ball has become a chore to me. And that's pretty sad.

Didnt even know they played last night

I hear ya on agree to disagree. To me its unwatchable and i view the nba like i view pro wrestling. Fake and all show

Good for Tyler. He made the right choice for himself and gave us a year of fun basketball to watch with him at the helm.

I love basketball, I play it for free. I'd be jumping off the wall if someone told me I was good enough to play my favorite game and earn millions while doing it. Perspective.

We Are Syracuse said:
cant blame ennis, but him leaving is a huge blow... Any honest, realistic fan knows this

Of course it will be a huge blow, but we are a program that reloads. Actually wouldn't mind a year where we struggle a bit early and hit our stride later on. Keep the press down and actually keep our core group for an extra year.

I'm not worried because I'm confident the guys on the bench will improve and make big steps next year. We will be solid all year. A top 15-20 team. Hopefully Joseph will do a better job feeding the post and pushing the ball on the breaks. Can't imagine there have been many teams in college basketball history as many steals as we had with so few easy buckets to show for it.

It might be fun to watch a team grow into the year.

Inconsistent officiating!

Burn offense!

Sub 100 combined final scores!
You're ragging on college ball because the quality of play has decreased. Why do you think that is?

The NBA has ruined itself and college basketball.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/g/greendo01.html

DONTE GREEN Career (may be incomplete) $5,147,896

What's in your wallet?

"A Sports Illustrated article reports the grim statistics -- 78 percent of NFL players face bankruptcy or serious financial stress within just two years of leaving the game and 60 percent of NBA players face the same dire results in five years."

You do realize that he's lucky to take home 35% of that number you posted after taxes and agency fees? It's not like a player of his caliber is lining up the endorsement money.

I sure hope he has a better financial advisor now than whomever was advising him from a career perspective when he decided to leave early. Hope he's saving his money for retirement. Not a whole lot a mediocre professional athlete with one year at best of college education can do once that NBA well dries up.

Are you kidding me? You are saying that unless he goes to Europe or the d league, he will not pan out. That is silly. Also, the d league is an option for playing time if he needs more development without taking a roster slot.
whats wrong w/ playing in europe?

I can't fault anyone who is a legit lottery pick from leaving early, freshman, soph or junior. It's too risky not to - not so much from an injury perspective as it is that weaknesses in your game may be exposed as permanent weaknesses if you stay in college longer. It's better to get to the pros, get the payday, and if you flame out so be it. Nothing but upside as far as I'm concerned in that decision and you can always go back and complete your degree. This obviously takes for granted that you will manage your money properly (which the statistic I posted above shows is far from a given).

If Ennis is going to be a guaranteed lottery pick, it's a good decision.

There's a big difference between deciding to go when you're a guaranteed lottery pick and what Donte Greene did. He would have been better served by staying rather than going, because I really couldn't see him not being a late first round pick after his Soph or Jr year. I understand he had an immediate financial need but he seriously sacrificed his future for it.

I can't say enough how great Ennis was this year and he probably made the correct decision. But my question is, can our offense be any worse than it was this year with someone else running the point? He's a potential lottery pick on a team that can't score 60 points.

Who on that list do you think is better than Tyler?

George Hill is a pretty solid player. Would take him over Ennis right now for sure if I was playing a game tomorrow. Chalmers too.

The Knicks guys? Well that's a different story

George Hill is a pretty solid player. Would take him over Ennis right now for sure if I was playing a game tomorrow. Chalmers too.

The Knicks guys? Well that's a different story
A game tomorrow, that's certainly debatable with those two however if you asked Pat Riley if he could trade Chalmers to whatever team drafts Ennis, I guarantee you he makes that trade. Probably Vogel with George Hill as well, although I don't know if Ennis has that "fake tough guy gene".

A game tomorrow, that's certainly debatable with those two however if you asked Pat Riley if he could trade Chalmers to whatever team drafts Ennis, I guarantee you he makes that trade. Probably Vogel with George Hill as well, although I don't know if Ennis has that "fake tough guy gene".

I assumed that's what you're talking about, since you asked which of those guys is better than Tyler.

Indy is built to win right now. Why would they trade their starting PG for a rookie who is gonna go around the middle of round 1, give or take a few spots? Hill has a 57% true shooting in the NBA. Ennis had a 51% true shooting in college. This is somewhat tortured logic, but Indy traded their late lotto pick (wanna say 12 or 13) for Hill in the first place. Why do you think, after he's been a solid contributor to their team (and is only 27) that they would essentially want to reverse that trade?

Assuming Miami brings back Lebron, kind of the same deal with them. Their PG is a little less important because they have Lebron, but Chalmers is a solid player for them who can fill a role and can knock down 3's. Why would you trade that and risk a rookie PG when you're trying to win titles right now? I don't see that. Those guys aren't great, but they are solid, competent NBA PG right now. I'm far from convinced Tyler can fill that role rght now

Lance Stephenson is the fakest tough guy there is.

I assumed that's what you're talking about, since you asked which of those guys is better than Tyler.

Indy is built to win right now. Why would they trade their starting PG for a rookie who is gonna go around the middle of round 1, give or take a few spots? Hill has a 57% true shooting in the NBA. Ennis had a 51% true shooting in college. This is somewhat tortured logic, but Indy traded their late lotto pick (wanna say 12 or 13) for Hill in the first place. Why do you think, after he's been a solid contributor to their team (and is only 27) that they would essentially want to reverse that trade?

Assuming Miami brings back Lebron, kind of the same deal with them. Their PG is a little less important because they have Lebron, but Chalmers is a solid player for them who can fill a role and can knock down 3's. Why would you trade that and risk a rookie PG when you're trying to win titles right now? I don't see that. Those guys aren't great, but they are solid, competent NBA PG right now. I'm far from convinced Tyler can fill that role rght now

Lance Stephenson is the fakest tough guy there is.
You went next level on me. I wasn't prepared for the thoroughness of this debate lol. I'm just saying most GMs would take Ennis over Chalmers or Hill moving forward however you are correct in the roles they play for their teams in this hypothetical situation is probably better suited for them than Ennis.

The NBA needs to relax though, T'ing up Lance for saying "What!" Is pretty lame.

The Heat came off so soft in their post games. Crying about how physical Indy was. Say what you want about Melo, he's not scared of a little contact. The Big 3 were crying like someone took their lunch money.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom