Good Luck Digger | Syracusefan.com

Good Luck Digger

Digger announces his retirement he will truly be missed. One of the better on Espn!
Not Sure if serious.jpg

Brett McMurphy ‏@McMurphyESPN 15m
RT @richarddeitsch: Digger Phelps is retiring from his ESPN role.

Mike Humes ‏@MikeHumesESPN 4m
Digger Phelps on an end to an era: "20 years is always my target for everything & it's time to move forward"

Digger is on a new mission.

Hope it isn't a cancer related retirement. He's had two bouts - prostate and then kidney cancer just last year.

So much animosity on this board lately. There is nothing worse than bitter fans who lash out and find fault with everything. Sheesh, Digger Phelps is not someone who deserves to be trashed in a public forum. The guy is a pretty decent human being. We all have our shortcomings. It's pretty much a spiritual axiom that when attributes about others really bother us it's because we have the same deficiency or trait. I know for myself life is so much better when I focus on all that is good in my life, and with those around me.

And the hating on Uconn is also over the top. It's a game. It's not life or death. It's admirable to acknowledge the achievement of our peers and rivals. At the end of the day they are just reflections of ourselves.

Congrats to Uconn for a tremendous run and for demonstrating against overwhelming odds that their program is elite. There is a lot to be learned by looking at that program. They won this championship because some of their players put TEAM ahead of personal ambition and that's what it takes to be champions.

So much animosity on this board lately. There is nothing worse than bitter fans who lash out and find fault with everything. Sheesh, Digger Phelps is not someone who deserves to be trashed in a public forum. The guy is a pretty decent human being. We all have our shortcomings. It's pretty much a spiritual axiom that when attributes about others really bother us it's because we have the same deficiency or trait. I know for myself life is so much better when I focus on all that is good in my life, and with those around me.

And the hating on Uconn is also over the top. It's a game. It's not life or death. It's admirable to acknowledge the achievement of our peers and rivals. At the end of the day they are just reflections of ourselves.

Congrats to Uconn for a tremendous run and for demonstrating against overwhelming odds that their program is elite. There is a lot to be learned by looking at that program. They won this championship because some of their players put TEAM ahead of personal ambition and that's what it takes to be champions.
It's been like this all season. When SU was undefeated this forum was awful with cocky posters thinking we're all God's gift to college hoops and our collective poo does not stink. Now it's even worse.

If a fanbase was judged based on how the fans act on public message boards this one is easily one of the worst.

Seth Greenberg would be a great addition to College Gameday.

Good luck to Digger even if you don't like the guy I wish well in his future endeavors. No need to throw bile towards guy on his way out. I have met Digger and he may not be the warm fuzzy Uncle, but he is a decent guy.

Who is going to call for the upsets vs the Cuse in almost every game now?

Digger doesn't pick against Syracuse. Digger picks the home team, more talented team, or Notre Dame. He isn't is a troll against SU like Jay Williams has been.

the dancing is so creepy. he reminds me of dome ushers trying way too hard to entertain

If a fanbase was judged based on how the fans act on public message boards this one is easily one of the worst.

And this is the enlightened SU board...

It's been like this all season. When SU was undefeated this forum was awful with cocky posters thinking we're all God's gift to college hoops and our collective poo does not stink. Now it's even worse.

What will stick with me as the hall mark of this season are all the wrong-headed posts arguing that close games are a sign of strength.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom