Good news for the Lax program | Syracusefan.com

Good news for the Lax program

DCCuse

Tailgate Buffet Legend
Heard from a little "birdie" -- Not sure if anyone else knows anything on this, but supposedly a big donation has been made for a new Lax practice facility ala Melo Center. Not sure of the dad's name, but daughter is in town who is making the donation in his honor has the last name Stein.

Wow!

I have no idea what the facilities at JHU & UVA are like. I suspect/hope that this puts the Orange (men & women ?) ahead in the lax arms race.

Isn't a LAX field roughly the same size as a football field?

Hmmmm. ;)

Heard from a little "birdie" -- Not sure if anyone else knows anything on this, but supposedly a big donation has been made for a new Lax practice facility ala Melo Center. Not sure of the dad's name, but daughter is in town who is making the donation in his honor has the last name Stein.

UPDATE: Not a "facility," but rather a Lacrosse Lounge named after former Lax Captain and Soccer All-American goalie Herbert Mendelson. Still good news for them, but not as big a deal as first posted.

still nice for the players; a one-donor facility would be quite a financial load.

Wow!

I have no idea what the facilities at JHU & UVA are like. I suspect/hope that this puts the Orange (men & women ?) ahead in the lax arms race.

Johns Hopkins Announces Plans to Build Cordish Lacrosse Center
$10 Million Facility to House Blue Jay Men's and Women's Lacrosse Programs

JHUField1.jpg

JHUField2.jpg

JHUField3.jpg

(check out who they're playing in the 2nd pic)

Wow!

I can tell you from first hand knowledge that JHU's facilities are nowhere near SU's right now. Their locker room might be 1/3 the size of ours. However, their $10 M Cordish LAX center is supposed to be ready by the start of the spring 2012 season, and it looks pretty nice.

Not sure what a players lounge consists of, but the current locker room is lightyears beyond the facilities of 10 years ago. I am not sure where a players lounge would fit in the current Manley setup.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom