good riddance to this stupid league | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

good riddance to this stupid league

T
Gotcha - that makes sense.
That's why JB got a bench warning at he end of the game. He was giving he refs crap because only after the game was out of hand did they call a hand check foul. jB let them have it.

When one team is allowed to tug and hold and other gets nickel dimmed to death, it's an unfair as it gets! This game reminded me of OSU last year.

Jesus Christ the Ohio State narrative has gotten old.

Guess what? Jared Sullinger didn't play the entire first half and we kind of got bailed out vs Asheville. No one feels sorry for us.

Total fouls were 21-21 on each side.
So I guess it's completely reasonable that in an evenly called game between a zone team and a team that presses and prides themselves on getting, ahem, "deflections" that at the end of the game each team would have committed an equal number of defensive infractions?

Yeah... I don't buy that.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

i think back to them giving players an extra foul back in the day

this garbage league predetermines what kind of team you are. if they think you're physical, you don't get whistled when you foul. if you're a skilled team, you're going to get whistled

it's not all the refs but i'm so glad to be done with this

You are so predictable. Like the kid on the schoolyard that wants to take his ball and go, when he doesn't get his way.

So ACC refs are good? I find that dubious.

I'm not as optimistic that this is just a Big East problem. We've seen horrendous officiating all over the place (Charlotte/Richmond the most recent example). The exact same thing happened to us 2 of the last 3 years in the tournament with non-Big East refs: OSU last year and Butler in 2010 (with the infamous Matt Howard suplex no call). The NCAA needs to get a handle on this and stop letting a crucial part of the game be ruined by independent contractors with almost no oversight or accountability.

I agree with your point: this isn't just a Big East problem, and Syracuse probably isn't going to benefit from the ACC move as much as people think.

But Richmond-Charlotte isn't an example of this problem - that's the officiating we'd like to see. When an intentional foul is called an intentional foul and dead-ball wrestling in the lane is called a technical, the game is improved.

Last night needed more of that. Among other things.

I'm sure we will see a few games where a call or two changes the outcome, but when the entire game is a bloodbath, & we have no real officiating, you know you're in the Big East...

Good point.

I've spent enough time criticizing Mike's demeanor, but he did a better job than some of us would have last night.

Between the bullshit flagrant and the should've-been-called foul on the inbounds where the gutless ref gave Ware a warning while Ware continued to woof at Mike, I'd have punched somebody.

You are so predictable. Like the kid on the schoolyard that wants to take his ball and go, when he doesn't get his way.

Hey, a foul is a foul. If the refs want to let them play, they have to let EVERYONE play. Don't call Syracuse for more than twice the number of fouls.

If you want football & prison yard rules, then lobby for the NCAA to change all the rules. Then Syracuse can recruit & coach to reflect those new guidelines.

Hey, a foul is a foul. If the refs want to let them play, they have to let EVERYONE play. Don't call Syracuse for more than twice the number of fouls.

If you want football & prison yard rules, then lobby for the NCAA to change all the rules. Then Syracuse can recruit & coach to reflect those new guidelines.

I am not advocating what went on last night. We stopped scoring and they continued to score. If we knew the refs were letting the mauling happen, maybe we should have done the same.

I thought the refs swallowed their whistles on what could have been a few fouls on us. I am in no way saying it was called evenly.

Go Cuse!

Guess what? Jared Sullinger didn't play the entire first half and we kind of got bailed out vs Asheville. No one feels sorry for us.

Sullinger had an impact in the first half, and was sent to the foul line 12 times in the second half. Ohio State shot over 40 FTs for the game.

I'm not sure what whether others feel sorry for us has to do with anything.

I am not advocating what went on last night. We stopped scoring and they continued to score. If we knew the refs were letting the mauling happen, maybe we should have done the same.

I thought the refs swallowed their whistles on what could have been a few fouls on us. I am in no way saying it was called evenly.

Go Cuse!

I thought they did at a certain point, but for some reason, when I start seeing the make-up calls it just infuriates me more (i get sometimes the immediate make-up for a bad call, but this wasn't that).

It just tells me they're completely aware that they're calling a game for 10 minutes. MCW pulling on that kids arm, Baye at one point practically jumped over Dieng on an entry pass at the free throw line, etc.... Just call the game legit, the make-up calls are worthless - u already changed the whole complexion of the game and have our whole team in panic mode.

You lost all credibility with this absurd assessment.

Sullinger had an impact in the first half, and was sent to the foul line 12 times in the second half. Ohio State shot over 40 FTs for the game.

I'm not sure what whether others feel sorry for us has to do with anything.

Sullinger sat early with two quick fouls, if I recall correctly.

We did enough on our own to lose that game. Anything else is more grassy knoll bullshit from the Pollyanna crowd.

Sullinger sat early with two quick fouls, if I recall correctly.

We did enough on our own to lose that game. Anything else is more grassy knoll bullshit from the Pollyanna crowd.

They shot more than 40 free throws. FORTY+!!!!! Take a moment to wrap your head about that for a second.

What color is the sky in your world to characterize that as "pollyanna?"

They shot more than 40 free throws. FORTY+!!!!! Take a moment to wrap your head about that for a second.

I think he's the contrarian type.

You're right. The NCAA illuminati put the hit out in the wake of our off court drama.

You're right. The NCAA illuminati put the hit out in the wake of our off court drama.

Awesome straw man--didn't say it was a conspiracy, but the fact of the matter is that Ohio State shot FORTY TWO FREE THROWS! Holy christ, man--good luck further rationalizing that in an elite eight matchup between two fairly comparable teams.

Forty two free throws--lol, and you are talking about there being an unjust "narrative" about that game.

Goofy assessment.

Oh Lord

No. I agree. It's not like we should have taken advantage of the absence of their all American big man when he sat for practically the entire first half. And the refs totally made Joseph commit those dumb turnovers.

Ohio State made plays and we didn't. The reffing was bad but we lost that game.

And considering the fact that the refs helped us avoid a catastrophe just ten days prior I tend to keep my ref whining to a minimum on the topic.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom