Good survey of the team | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Good survey of the team

McCord had a much better team around him than Tommy ever had. Still i think that McCord has the same arm talent as Tommy and is probably a better QB at this point than Tommy was at the same age. McCord is going to have by all accounts a much better team surrounding him. Better OL better Rbs and considerably better WRs and TEs. I also think that Nixon and Fran will use McCord properly. meaning he isnt going to run the ball at all and he is going to have specific reads unlike the Dino chalk board go O of go get open.

How did what I say imply that he was great? The poster referred to McCord staying in the pocket too long as it crumbles around him leading to him taking a big hit. Tommy took too many big hits when some could’ve been avoided by throwing the ball away. It was a definite weakness of his, in my opinion. If you think that’s a sign of greatness, I guess we have differing opinions on what makes a great QB.

Of course I don't think Tommy great since I said that. My point is the fact Devito is brought up at all is nuts. MCCord and Devito should never be brought up in the same conversation.

It was 6.5 when I put my bet in.
I'm jealous. I don't bet much and stay away (usually) betting on Cuse. However, I would have been all over that one. I don't want to jinx anything but the only way I see us shy of 8 wins this year is if something happens to Kyle. We keep him healthy, we should have a fun year.

Of course I don't think Tommy great since I said that. My point is the fact Devito is brought up at all is nuts. MCCord and Devito should never be brought up in the same conversation.
Eh, both pocket guys with strong arms from the same area of the country… probably will be more comparisons

Eh, both pocket guys with strong arms from the same area of the country… probably will be more comparisons

So - what about Nassib?

He’s actually a better comp.
And was a better QB for us.

That team coulda/woulda/shoulda won 10+ games, had their schedule not been ridiculously hard, and Pugh not been injured early.

So - what about Nassib?

He’s actually a better comp.
And was a better QB for us.

That team coulda/woulda/shoulda won 10+ games, had their schedule not been ridiculously hard, and Pugh not been injured early.
Yeah, he’s in the same mold. I’d bet McCord will end up better than both of them.

I expect that this staff will be extremely well prepared. Fran attention to detail will ensure that we are solid.
How we adjust at half time is what I'm interested in.
I'm predicting 8 wins as a floor. There is a punchers chance that we run the table.
I don’t think we acknowledge just how hard of a transition this is, especially with coordinators with very little experience. I just remember the first game at MetLife of the Shafer era and it took all the effort in the world just to get a play called offensively. Anyone that was sitting right behind our sidelines that day should know what i’m talking about.

Luckily, our talent level is at an all-time high so hopefully that can help cover up any early kinks because GT week 2 is a HUGE game.

I don’t think we acknowledge just how hard of a transition this is, especially with coordinators with very little experience. I just remember the first game at MetLife of the Shafer era and it took all the effort in the world just to get a play called offensively. Anyone that was sitting right behind our sidelines that day should know what i’m talking about.

Luckily, our talent level is at an all-time high so hopefully that can help cover up any early kinks because GT week 2 is a HUGE game.
George McDonald never should have had that job.

Good interview. McCallister was optimistic about the favorable schedule and the upgraded talent (8 wins to be expected). But he was also blunt about the questions: 1) new coordinators and schemes; 2) OL and DL have to learn the new schemes and figure out rotations; and 3) a bunch of important pieces (OL's Washington and Hornsby, WR's Meeks and JRS, etc) missed Spring ball and have a short window.

I would like them to have spent another 15 minutes to go over the defense.

I’m with you. Georgia Tech is good and vastly underrated. Luckily Georgia/Fran played them last year so he experienced what a tough out they were.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxmom2317

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom