Good to see how good friend zls point out the | Syracusefan.com

Good to see how good friend zls point out the

dasher

Living Legend
yahoo story over at the boneyard. A snide remark along with it. The Huskies coach gets sanctioned, they have to change the exhibition game rules because of them, they get knocked out of next years tournament beacuse of APR and yet they talk about us. We do get a vote on who comes next to the ACC, correct?

Nice to enjoy a small slice of schaudenfreude in an alltogether forgettable season.

You shouldn't be that worried. This is what Yahoo does. Throw bombs, don't mention specifics, or even names, but make broad-based accusations and tie in the completely unrelated Fine story for a nice extra twist of the knife. Oh, and make sure you drop the story at the least convinient time possible for the accused.

Forde must have been really pissed with how you throttled his beloved Cardinals on Sunday.

Nice to enjoy a small slice of schaudenfreude in an alltogether forgettable season.

You shouldn't be that worried. This is what Yahoo does. Throw bombs, don't mention specifics, or even names, but make broad-based accusations and tie in the completely unrelated Fine story for a nice extra twist of the knife. Oh, and make sure you drop the story at the least convinient time possible for the accused.

Forde must have been really pissed with how you throttled his beloved Cardinals on Sunday.
I posted this in the other thread, but I'll ask you here.

Coombs-McDaniel, Wiggins (and I think Dyson maybe too as well) all got arrested for pot, no? I don't recall any mention of them failing drug tests though. Am I wrong on that (not trying to be an ass, I erally just don't remember)

I'm not worried. The fact that there is no national drug policy says it all.

I posted this in the other thread, but I'll ask you here.

Coombs-McDaniel, Wiggins (and I think Dyson maybe too as well) all got arrested for pot, no? I don't recall any mention of them failing drug tests though. Am I wrong on that (not trying to be an ass, I erally just don't remember)

Wiggins did at least. I believe Dyson might have? JCM was caught in a room with drugs after the season (with his friends from home), no clue if he was tested.

Didn't Kalid Al amin and Rip Hamilton get pulled over and there was weed in the car? I believe that happened right after they won the championship

Didn't Kalid Al amin and Rip Hamilton get pulled over and there was weed in the car? I believe that happened right after they won the championship

Yep.

Wiggins & Dyson both failed a drug test right before the game at Indiana in 2009. I can't remember if it was pot or meth, but it was one of the two. Calhoun was furious that the test leaked out in violation of health privacy laws. That was the first public sign of the major fracture between Calhoun & Jeff Hathaway.

The fact that there is no national drug policy says it all.

Yep.

Ok that's all I needed to hear.

End of this story.

Ok that's all I needed to hear.

End of this story.

Just for fun: in college my roommate (big pothead) was good friends with some guys on UNC and UVA. Saw players from both schools smoke up, but not during the season.

Just for fun: in college my roommate (big pothead) was good friends with some guys on UNC and UVA. Saw players from both schools smoke up, but not during the season.

It happens everywhere and this story could be written for countless programs, that is why I don't get into throwing stones when dirt comes out on other programs, it can and usually does happen most everywhere. I mean for christ sake, they all recruit the same kids, think about it

yahoo story over at the boneyard. A snide remark along with it. The Huskies coach gets sanctioned, they have to change the exhibition game rules because of them, they get knocked out of next years tournament beacuse of APR and yet they talk about us. We do get a vote on who comes next to the ACC, correct?

We'd do & have done the same thing whenever something "breaks".

The collective indifference from the Boneyard surprised me. Makes me think I've underestimated UConn fans in general, and that this story is going to have a whole lot less "bite" than I thought it might a couple hours ago.

I do think that, in a bizarre way the Bernie Fine story has given Syracuse a huge amount of wiggle room as long as there's no solid evidence out in public. The media trashing of Syracuse started with a story that an assistant coach sexually molested boys, and the Boeheim must have known about it. So far there's nothing in evidence that makes a solid case for that, and a growing list of reasons to be skeptical that its probably not close to the true story. The result is that stories like this appear to be nothing but an attempt to pile on, and are likely to INCREASE public sympathy for Syracuse and JB.

The collective indifference from the Boneyard surprised me. Makes me think I've underestimated UConn fans in general, and that this story is going to have a whole lot less "bite" than I thought it might a couple hours ago.

I do think that, in a bizarre way the Bernie Fine story has given Syracuse a huge amount of wiggle room as long as there's no solid evidence out in public. The media trashing of Syracuse started with a story that an assistant coach sexually molested boys, and the Boeheim must have known about it. So far there's nothing in evidence that makes a solid case for that, and a growing list of reasons to be skeptical that its probably not close to the true story. The result is that stories like this appear to be nothing but an attempt to pile on, and are likely to INCREASE public sympathy for Syracuse and JB.
I don't know if it'll INCREASE public sympathy, but the collective yawn that greeted this "news" is very welcome.
Everyone kinda see this for what it appears to be, a convenient attention-grab the week before the BET & the Dance. (n)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom