Good to see the Bills are in mid-season form | Page 24 | Syracusefan.com

Good to see the Bills are in mid-season form

Okay Buffalo you have to jump the center and block the kick. Don't worry about the penalty. Find the most athletic guy you have and jump the center.

Would have kept it on the ground on 3rd just for that reason. Make 4th down as manageable as possible.

Agreed, beyond dumb. Run on 3rd and go for it on 4th regardless. Just goes to show you don't want Lynn or Rex as HC next year. Rex makes 5 mil a year and can't figure out that he needs to win that game and go for it in 4th down there. Beyond idiotic. Really horrible. The no go on 4th should and will seal Rex's fate. There were different circumstances and he was too dumb to figure it out.

jgwty.jpg

The punt on 4th down in overtime was just awful. 1) Your offense has near 600 yards of total offense, why are you punting. 2) You just converted a 4th down and got a touchdown out of it like no more than 5 min ago. 3) He didn't know a tie also eliminated him from the playoffs.

Then after the punt to only have 10 men on the field and then hand Miami the win...wow! That span of plays will get any coach fired. Hear Jeff Fisher is available and looking for work.

400 yards rushing allowed to Jay Ajayi
In all fairness he's being hailed as the second coming of Run Ricky Run in South Beach, the guys legit.

I have no idea why you'd even want to call a time out against a FG unit that's being rushed. Hilarious that Rex tried and failed. No complaint with the refs there but what about the two obvious PI's in the endzone. In a league where refs are obsessed with giving offenses cheap points the Bills have to be the only team that can't get one of those calls in their own stadium. Unbelievable.
The OT punt was hilarious. How is that robust analytics department working out.

Amazing how my in-laws don't drive me to drink on Xmas but the Bills do..

What a sheet-show. Great comeback but everyone on this board knew how that would end. Couple quick thoughts:

- Lynn has done a great job with the offense but as numerous others have pointed out, that play call for Reggie Bush was pathetic. Give the ball to your best player with the season on the line! Even a straight north-south run for Gilleslee would have been better. Hopefully he learns from that, but what a catastrophic mistake.

- A great example of the Bills culture issues is Dan Carpenter. Guy misses how many extra points and big kicks? Ultimately the NFL is a performance business and sometimes cold decisions have to be made...does anybody doubt that the Pats would have cut him weeks ago? Mediocrity, and that is what it is, cannot be tolerated. It is how you miss the playoffs since 2000.

- That defense was atrocious. Period.

Personally I would can Rex on Monday (if for no other reason than that punt in overtime) so as to not keep him twisting in the wind...but if the plan is to promote Lynn, you definitely don't do that.

Your move, Terry and Kim.

I'm all for firing Rex but bills need to make sure they don't over adjust here. Lynn seems to have the offense where it needs to be to make the playoffs, sure Tyrod remains a question mark and passing game needs work. but it will be interesting what becomes of a Lynn, is a serious HC candidate with the Rams?

I would like to see Lynn stay as OC and hire a solid defensive HC, I would be fine with Schwartz getting another shot. the issue is will the Bills need to hire Lynn as HC to keep him, them he needs to hire a SOLID DC.

What I don't want to see the more I think about it is, offensive HC with new DC as well and we will have two new systems and the offense while needing some help in the passing game isn't the issue. A guy like shanahan could flat out be a disaster and set them back to 5-11 not push forward to 11-5.

the Bills aren't that far off, tweak the offense, get a solid defensive coordinator or HC.

Ideally for me., keep Lynn as OC, New HC with strong d background that can get the right D.C. don't see Lynn getting the rams job but who knows

Last edited:
Rex still fancies himself a great defensive coach - recent results notwithstanding.
If the defensive performance does indeed lead to Ryan's firing, "that'd be a first," the coach said.

Bye

I still think they should give Rex another year.
Rex has the most talented roster in the AFC East IMO. Brady is the best player by miles but 1-53 has more high end talent and has been a hot mess.
They finished 3rd in the division playing the easiest schedule in the AFC this year crossovers AFCN and NFCW.
They were given a win at NE with the Pats playing their 3rd string QB and still are 7-8.

I am hope the Bills keep Rex Ryan. They can't though. This season was so set up for them to go 10-6. They played 4 tough games. @NE, @Sea, @Oak, Pittsburgh and getting swept by Miami and losing week 2 to the Jets has to do for him.

Hopefully Rex replaces Phil Simms next year. I don't think they will stick him in the booth though right away. He will be a studio guy.

I don't know what to do with Rex honestly. His defense has been so terrible that I don't see any reason for keeping him outside of continuity.

I'm definitely on board with bringing back Tyrod Taylor either way. Give him one more year to prove himself and hopefully the offense around him stays healthy so we can see if the Miami game is truly what he can be day in/day out.

I don't know what to do with Rex honestly. His defense has been so terrible that I don't see any reason for keeping him outside of continuity.

As a Jets fan I watched him bungle game after game as described above for the best part of six years. I'm hardly surprised. I actually have no idea why Buffalo hired him in the first place. I don't especially like the Bills, but I wouldn't wish him on anyone outside of New England or Dallas. You're not going anyplace with him. Now if we could only get rid of the Cerberus of Gailey and Fitzpatrick ...

Last edited:
As a Jets fan I watched him bungle game after game as described above for the best part of six years. I'm hardly surprised. I actually have no idea why Buffalo hired him in the first place. I don't especially like the Bills, but I wouldn't wish him on anyone outside of New England or Dallas. You're not going anyplace with him. Now if we could only get rid of the Cerberus of Gailey and Fitzpatrick ...

This superbowl is going to be beautiful.

Rex has the most talented roster in the AFC East IMO. Brady is the best player by miles but 1-53 has more high end talent and has been a hot mess.
They finished 3rd in the division playing the easiest schedule in the AFC this year crossovers AFCN and NFCW.
They were given a win at NE with the Pats playing their 3rd string QB and still are 7-8.

I am hope the Bills keep Rex Ryan. They can't though. This season was so set up for them to go 10-6. They played 4 tough games. @NE, @Sea, @Oak, Pittsburgh and getting swept by Miami and losing week 2 to the Jets has to do for him.

Hopefully Rex replaces Phil Simms next year. I don't think they will stick him in the booth though right away. He will be a studio guy.
stop the nonsense.

Hopefully they're now like the Bushes and the Clintons, riding off into the sunset. So now, can someone tell Whaley and Pegula that Bowles will soon be available?