Good to see the Bills are in mid-season form | Page 39 | Syracusefan.com

Good to see the Bills are in mid-season form

Maclin visiting the Bills today ( the first team he is visiting with). Really hope we can make this happen and we don't offer some cheap contract.

It's not often you have a WR of this quality basically land on your lap at this point of the offseason. If he wants to be in Buffalo, we better not screw it up.

Maclin is still in Buffalo so hopefully that's a good sign.

Getting concerned that we haven't gotten an announcement about a signing. If he leaves without a deal he is as good as gone. Really hoping the new regime doesn't slip into the old habits of the prior regime.

Maclin has left the Bills and is headed to the Ravens visit without a deal. Unbelievable.

Maclin has left the Bills and is headed to the Ravens visit without a deal. Unbelievable.
Bizarre.. Really long visit to not get it done. I think Hodges left and still signed with us but Maclin clearly has a market.

Bizarre.. Really long visit to not get it done. I think Hodges left and still signed with us but Maclin clearly has a market.

Beyond frustrating, this feels like the Wilson era all over again. Would be shocked if he signed with the Bills now.

Beyond frustrating, this feels like the Wilson era all over again. Would be shocked if he signed with the Bills now.
Especially since he would be "the guy" in Baltimore or Philly. Not so here with Watkins.

Especially since he would be "the guy" in Baltimore or Philly. Not so here with Watkins.

Him signing here made a lot of sense for both parties which is why him leaving without a deal is so disappointing. Really hope we didn't try and low ball him and a deal fell through over only a little bit of $$. I was hoping with a new owner, GM, and HC that the Bills would change their ways and pounce on this opportunity but once again its the same old Bills.

My guess, and it is strictly a guess, is Maclin was looking for similar money to what he left behind in KC. He was on a 5yr/$55 million...while I don't know all the particulars, I don't think I would be in favor of matching those terms. Maybe he went to Baltimore on the advice of his agent- drive the market further? We will have to see...regardless I agree that this would be a good marriage of team and player- hopefully we can make it happen at the right price.

Yeah hard to really know the full details until this plays out, IM not sure I would pay Maclin his old salary but certainly would love to see him on the Bills, think he would be a great fit and maybe the visits were all planned prior not sure but I am not about to pile on the Bills GM/Owner's quite yet

It sounds like the two sides were close but Buffalo wouldn't go as far as he wanted so his agent sent him to Baltimore as a negotiation tactic.

Maybe Baltimore signs him but they have no money so I'm not sure how that works for them.

We let Hodges go and he came right back after another visit and signed. Hopefully we see that again.

It sounds like the two sides were close but Buffalo wouldn't go as far as he wanted so his agent sent him to Baltimore as a negotiation tactic.

Maybe Baltimore signs him but they have no money so I'm not sure how that works for them.

We let Hodges go and he came right back after another visit and signed. Hopefully we see that again.

Yeah have to let it play out, win/win would be to sign him for a decent price which may only happen after he makes a few visits, I will be disappointed if they don't sign him but lets see how it ends first. I have a feeling he wants to play for Buffalo but exactly as you said the numbers were just short of what he wanted

Yeah have to let it play out, win/win would be to sign him for a decent price which may only happen after he makes a few visits, I will be disappointed if they don't sign him but lets see how it ends first. I have a feeling he wants to play for Buffalo but exactly as you said the numbers were just short of what he wanted

I think you're right that he wants to be in Buffalo. I think he was really blindsided by the Chiefs cutting him, although the Chiefs salary cap issues were very evident here in KC, So he might just be extra cautious before jumping into his next move.

andy reid is trying to win a Championship.

and he cut Maclin.

theres something we are missing here...