Goodbye Benny? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Goodbye Benny?

i get the frustration from fans for benny but could be anything...people need to chill...

create the type of vibe that recruits would want to join...if anything

i think benny will thrive with better coaching. kid's got talent.

He got an awful lot of run here this year. Not a lot of coaches would have given him this many minutes this year, let alone have him start 2/3 of the season with such lackluster and inconsistent effort.

I think Judah is finding his way as a player, and sees his future here. I'd like to see that shooting guard who just committed move up a class so he can play for us next year. We need about 3 guys to add to this team.

Some of y'all are harsh. I get he's not playing to expectations but this isn't Frank Howard we're talking about here.

Yeah, but it sounds like he just quit. (Posted before the game.)

Edit: Boeheim said before the game, that he would address Benny's absence after the game. That sounded bad to me.

But at the press conference, he said the thing about Benny taking a "personal day", and he was expected to be back at practice on Thursday.

So someone got word to Benny that he was welcome back, take a couple days, but we expect you on Thursday. Doesn't mean he won't portal.

But it's a bad look to quit the game after you lose your starting job (cough, cough, Tommy DeVito).

I'll bet that if he comes back and works hard, he'll get more chances. And I would bet that he gives us more good performances, like he did in late December and early January.

Last edited:
Maybe he's going through a rough time. Do any of you have kids? If your kid was having a tough time, would you want people bashing him? He's a good kid and a good player, despite what all the internet coaches say.

Didn’t Frank get in to a fight with a potential recruit on their visit?

Was that Jalen Carey? Or somebody else who decided not to come here?

At least JB was snarky about it.
I like the snark there, takes the pressure off Benny. I’m sure JB didn’t mean to do that, but it does make his absence (to me) seem slightly less egregious. Albeit, still questionable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom