Goodman on Boeheim and JB ESPN interview | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Goodman on Boeheim and JB ESPN interview

I'm sure this will drive many on here wild but thats ok. First I wrote to JW a couple days ago and said it's time he review JB's current mental state. He acts like my dad did when he had a brain tumor. I'll site a few examples: 1. The absolute disgraceful accosting of JG 3 on national TV. If I were Joe's dad I would let Bo Heem I'd be at Hancock when they returned from Pittand proceed to kick his ass to Manley. 2. Explain tbe Bol Ajak/Benny Williams fiasco? Practice be damned, that was wrong. If BW stays here he is just dumb. 3. The trashing of Jesse Edward's. First, great way to treat a kid, second, not even accurate. 4. His love affair with his kids and Cole. All 3, including Empty Buckets, have been average at best. Bad shots selection, bad shots execution.
This guy is unstable and needs to be the next Chris Mack. Just watch the video of him with Joe Gerard- a student athlete. A total embarrassment to Syracuse and SU
I'm sure you made quite the impression if ADJW read your email Dick.

I'm sure this will drive many on here wild but thats ok. First I wrote to JW a couple days ago and said it's time he review JB's current mental state. He acts like my dad did when he had a brain tumor. I'll site a few examples: 1. The absolute disgraceful accosting of JG 3 on national TV. If I were Joe's dad I would let Bo Heem I'd be at Hancock when they returned from Pittand proceed to kick his ass to Manley. 2. Explain tbe Bol Ajak/Benny Williams fiasco? Practice be damned, that was wrong. If BW stays here he is just dumb. 3. The trashing of Jesse Edward's. First, great way to treat a kid, second, not even accurate. 4. His love affair with his kids and Cole. All 3, including Empty Buckets, have been average at best. Bad shots selection, bad shots execution.
This guy is unstable and needs to be the next Chris Mack. Just watch the video of him with Joe Gerard- a student athlete. A total embarrassment to Syracuse and SU
i'm sure he appreciated you pointing out those examples of mental illness and a possible brain tumor. must have been a proud moment for you.

Orangemass

"Agree he needs to take more of the blame... Actions speak louder than words however... Let's put some effort in to making this team competitive..."

What did he say that doesn't make you believe that is what they are trying to do?

i'm sure he appreciated you pointing out those examples of mental illness and a possible brain tumor. must have been a proud moment for you.
I'm sure he didn't care at all, if he read it. Not a proud moment but there are too many signs to ignore

We’ll know in the next post conference if he stops bath mouthing our players.
Examples please of him bad mouthing.

Jesse needs to put on weight?

Benny is still struggling?

JBIII needs to give us more?

That is not bad mouthing. That is simply stating facts and something each of those players know,

Bird Popcorn GIF

I'm sure he didn't care at all, if he read it. Not a proud moment but there are too many signs to ignore
So what did you want JB to do with JGIII? Put his arm around him and sooth his nerves? Sorry but this is high level college basketball. If someone isn't doing their job they are going to get taken to task.

I guess the option is giving out participation trophys after the game.

Examples please of him bad mouthing.

Jesse needs to put on weight?

Benny is still struggling?

JBIII needs to give us more?

That is not bad mouthing. That is simply stating facts and something each of those players know,
Well to take this a step farther the fans know all this too so why not just leave it at "we need to play better and I need to coach them up".

So what did you want JB to do with JGIII? Put his arm around him and sooth his nerves? Sorry but this is high level college basketball. If someone isn't doing their job they are going to get taken to task.

Agreed but please point out a time that either one of his kids, both of whom have had moments this year that rival any of Joe's insane play, got the same treatment?

Like when he got after Cole for missing that horrific pass from Buddy?

That's the disconnect. As soon as he does that to either one of his boys, and it will be the FIRST TIME he's done it to them despite some equally terrible play, then it will be allowable to do to the others. But as long as he has that double standard, stop acting like it's 1955.

JB finally admits this year isn’t good enough. But does that mean he thinks the past 8 years of national irrelevance is acceptable?
To be fair the Final Four counts a lot.
You should say regular season. The sweet 16s aren’t the same level as a final four especially as a plucky double digit seed.

I found his comments interesting combined with Wildhacks appearance on Packer and Durham

I could be wrong but I sense there are some discussions behind the scenes either regarding Jims future or he needs to change his tone to win back public opinion

His recruiting comment was interesting, how do his sons and current players feel about those? I credit him for being honest but wonder how it is percieved and what his solution is to it? make staff changes?

I wish Bol looked as good in the games as in practice. Glad Benny had a really good practice. Seems JB is at that point where he is ready to give Symir the reigns based on his comments around Joe.

Not sure the genesis of all this. The big thing is JB clearly is frustrated in not being able to produce answers that adequately get results. That most certainly is a proper self assessment and now it's a matter of how he chooses to address it.

Like when he got after Cole for missing that horrific pass from Buddy?

That's the disconnect. As soon as he does that to either one of his boys, and it will be the FIRST TIME he's done it to them despite some equally terrible play, then it will be allowable to do to the others. But as long as he has that double standard, stop acting like it's 1955.
To be fair the Final Four counts a lot.
You should say regular season. The sweet 16s aren’t the same level as a final four especially as a plucky double digit seed.
The first 3 Final fours meant something, we got to play in the Championship game with a chance to win. The other 2 were participation with no chance to win.

The first 3 Final fours meant something, we got to play in the Championship game with a chance to win. The other 2 were participation with no chance to win.
Yeah. That’s not true. We won 30 games in 2013. We beat the National Champion on their home court that year. That’s a pretty ridiculous hot take.

Last edited:
2013 could have won the NC.
That was not nothing.
We lost a close game to a good Michigan team.

That Final Four is nothing to say anything but great things about.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom