Gopher fan analysis of Cuse. LOL | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Gopher fan analysis of Cuse. LOL

Otis did not put it together until his Jr. year. At one point he even gave up and quit the team.

You're probably right as far as that particular poster and what he did.

I don't know why you post like it's so farfetched that somebody out there is actually watching when the #1 team is in a war with another top team on CBS, the NCAA tournament, or especially the final 4.

Most college hoop fans know and watch the top teams and programs to an extent. I'm sure most of us watched Kansas, Duke, Indiana, UNC, Michigan State, etc. at least 3-4 times...I'm sure most college hoop fans saw Syracuse play at least a few times.

what I think is far fetched is the expectation that a fan of another team, who may have seen SU play three or four times, should be ridiculed for not "knowing" that a bench player was going to leapfrog returning starters and grab a place in the starting lineup

especially since I watched all 40 games, and both exhibitions, and I know that, barring injury, the starting frontcourt in November is going to be CJ, Roc and DC2.

what I think is far fetched is the expectation that a fan of another team, who may have seen SU play three or four times, should be ridiculed for not "knowing" that a bench player was going to leapfrog returning starters and grab a place in the starting lineup

especially since I watched all 40 games, and both exhibitions, and I know that, barring injury, the starting frontcourt in November is going to be CJ, Roc and DC2.

You're not being very honest here. "Bench players won't leapfrog returning starters." C'mon.

Grant started some games too...some pretty important ones even.

Coleman was a token starter like Christmas and Melo before him.

Care to predict who plays the most minutes out of frontcourt guys(not counting CJ)?

CJ 16 points, Dajuan and Gbinije combine for 25 and Ennis atleast 8.
imo We have a strong nucleus, thats 50 points right there. And thats the basement expectations.
Keita and Rak will give us around another 8-10 putting us at/near 60.

What this team needs is one 6-10ppg guard and forward to come off the bench. Thats up to Grant, Roberson, BJ, Patterson, Cooney. For the record I think 2 of our bench guards and fowards could be that and we could be REALLY good.

imo with a nucleus like that all our soph/freshmen can contribute in different ways, and I believe Gbinije, CJ, Dajuan and Ennis will be all over the court/paint which will make our sets more dangerous. This team has the potential to be special and melt like a fondue rather then being a entree with a boring bland side of vegtables

You're not being very honest here. "Bench players won't leapfrog returning starters." C'mon.

Grant started some games too...some pretty important ones even.

Coleman was a token starter like Christmas and Melo before him.

Care to predict who plays the most minutes out of frontcourt guys(not counting CJ)?
Let me ask you this- when was the last time a token starter lost their starting spot when healthy?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Let me ask you this- when was the last time a token starter lost their starting spot when healthy?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Kind of a trick question, because token starters are a relatively new JB phenomenon. But Allen Griffin was a legit starter who went to the bench.

so now the goal post has been moved from starters to minutes?

that does help, because I expect that next year's frontcourt could end up looking a lot like 2010 - AO and RJ both started, but didn't play a lot of minutes together because one of our two 6th men of the year logged the 2nd most minutes . . . but that doesn't change the fact that Ricky was the starter and Kris came off the bench. I think Roc & DC2 will be similar to Ricky & Arinze (with BMK also taking minutes from both) while Jerami will come off the bench and play "starter's minutes" a la Joseph.

I don't expect any fan of another team from another league to guess at that kind of rotation or the historical similarity to a several-seasons-old squad . . . hell, it took you several hours to back up next to it yourself

Here's another gem. "Put me in the boat of thinking Ennis will struggle to start off with. He's a true freshman running the point in the first month of his college career. The backcourt doesn't intimidate me one bit."

Wait til they play against the SU 2-3. Their will shrivel.

so now the goal post has been moved from starters to minutes?

that does help, because I expect that next year's frontcourt could end up looking a lot like 2010 - AO and RJ both started, but didn't play a lot of minutes together because one of our two 6th men of the year logged the 2nd most minutes . . . but that doesn't change the fact that Ricky was the starter and Kris came off the bench. I think Roc & DC2 will be similar to Ricky & Arinze (with BMK also taking minutes from both) while Jerami will come off the bench and play "starter's minutes" a la Joseph.

I don't expect any fan of another team from another league to guess at that kind of rotation or the historical similarity to a several-seasons-old squad . . . hell, it took you several hours to back up next to it yourself

I had to move them, because you were so stuck on that "starter" point. Even when he was a starter, he barely played if it was a game we had a chance of losing. Opposing fans watching Cuse would've been more likely to see Grant than Coleman last year as he played more and contributed more. That was the point from the beginning.

nice

we can give the deep bench the collective nickname of The Rising Sons
231374-bigthumbnail.jpg
So that would be "The Loud House of the Rising Sons"

Until Coleman learns how to play defense, he's going to be limited in playing time, and that might not happen this year. Everyone is saying he'll be great in the low post, and that might end up being true, but you have to contribute on the other end.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom