Gopher fan analysis of Cuse. LOL | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Gopher fan analysis of Cuse. LOL

Our backcourt will be just fine. Plus they will have an easier job making the transition with the best front court in the nation helping them learn.

reminds me of the Indiana board before we whooped their asses in the tournament. They all thought that they were a lock for a B10 matchup in the final four.

Or this board before the Michigan game, when everything thought there would be an all Big East final

Good point but our team has rediculous chemistry. Rediculous.

isolation team be afraid of this best one yet 5 guys that specialize on getting by their man. That would make KJO and Triche Jealous.
pg-ennis
sg and sf- BJ, Gbinije, Patterson
PF-CJ
C-Dajuan

I like the way basically all the guys we haven't seen play yet are on the isolation team. All of our freshmen perimeter guys can blow by their man better than Joseph? I love the preseason optimism.

Or this board before the Michigan game, when everything thought there would be an all Big East final
It would have been nice if that offensive foul was called that went on MCW, or the charge that went on Triche, or the out of bounds and travel that led to a fast break to end the game. But hey whatever.

I think as far as this years team we have a ton of talent and potential. That doesn't always translate into wins though. I have no idea how Ennis will translate but the pg position is a tough spot to come in and do well right away. My guess is there is some bumps and bruises along the way and hopefully the talented front court and defense can get us through those with wins.

syracuse will have a lineup of something like
PG: tyler enis, freshman, ranked #20 in the nation
SG: trevor cooney: junior, didnt do very much last year, top 100 player in HS
SF: CJ fair, averaged 14 PPG 7 RPG, easily their best player
PF:rakeem christmas, junior, didnt do much but top 25 in the nation in HS and averaged 1.8 BPG
C: Dajuan coleman, sophmore, top 15 recruit in the nation last year

CJ fair is their only solidified player from last year, everybody else did nothing last year but was highly touted in HS

No mention of Gbinije and Grant? Lol.
why would he mention them when all he is discussing the likely starting lineup? to an outsider, the five guys listed are the clear favorites to start based on previous season returning starters & PT

Living in Minneapolis, I want to beat the tar out of the guys incredibly badly--especially after our football team laid an egg here last season.

In fact, the gophers have been a thorn in our sides for a long time. We lost in the 1990 NCAA tournament to them, ending Derrick Coleman's career. We lost to them in football in the mid-90s, where we had something like 200 more yards of offense than them, but fumbled the ball multiple times--and I believe they scored at least two defensive TDs off fumbles to edge us out. We lost to them in Marrone's opener in OT, and we played our worst game of the year last year in what should have been a winnable game.

I'm not remotely scared of playing these guys next year, but I really want to see us come out on top, because I'm tired of taking flack from my local friends, many of whom are U of M fans.

I like the way basically all the guys we haven't seen play yet are on the isolation team. All of our freshmen perimeter guys can blow by their man better than Joseph? I love the preseason optimism.

Yes because thats what they did in hischool and aau one on one. Triche and Joseph by comparison didn't. Dion by comparison did but needed a year to round out his jumper and read the help defense. I will post clips :)

why would he mention them when all he is discussing the likely starting lineup? to an outsider, the five guys listed are the clear favorites to start based on previous season returning starters & PT

Well to an outsider who watched Cuse at all, I would think that Grant would be a more likely starter than Coleman. Grant was in the rotation in the big games that mattered down the stretch, Coleman was not. And Christmas spent little time at PF in the big games, certainly less than Grant.

"Put me in the boat of thinking Ennis will struggle to start off with. He's a true freshman running the point in the first month of his college career. "
that is a perfectly reasonable reaction. my main concern vs. quality opponents early in the season is foul trouble for TE as he gets used to the speed of the game. With no proven depth at the position, every single foul called on Ennis is reason to worry.

that is a perfectly reasonable reaction. my main concern vs. quality opponents early in the season is foul trouble for TE as he gets used to the speed of the game. With no proven depth at the position, every single foul called on Ennis is reason to worry.

Definitely a valid issue--Ennis is unproven until "proven" otherwise. I'm happy he participated in international ball this summer, though--and the level of competition he played in HS will make him more ready than most incoming frosh. But until he steps on that court and proves he can run a team, he has to be considered a question mark.

Well to an outsider who watched Cuse at all, I would think that Grant would be a more likely starter than Coleman.

why would you assume a Minnesota fan watched "any Cuse at all?"

How many Gopher games did you catch last season?

Our backcourt will be just fine. Plus they will have an easier job making the transition with the best front court in the nation helping them learn.

We may. But "just fine" is not a reason for other teams to "be intimidated".

why would you assume a Minnesota fan watched "any Cuse at all?"

How many Gopher games did you catch last season?

Because we went to the freakin final four, played in the BET title game, etc. Given that we are an elite program, had an elite team, and played on TV quite a few times in big games, I'd think any college bball fan would've watched us play at least a little bit last year.

I don't know if I watched any Minnesota games...but I know I watched Indiana, Ohio State, Michigan, and Michigan State quite a bit.

Because we went to the freakin final four, played in the BET title game, etc. Given that we are an elite program, had an elite team, and played on TV quite a few times in big games, I'd think any college bball fan would've watched us play at least a little bit last year.

I don't know if I watched any Minnesota games...but I know I watched Indiana, Ohio State, Michigan, and Michigan State quite a bit.

Their guards are really, really good. But their frontcourt is going to suck.

Fine definition
Of high quality.

Those Gopher fans are trembling in their pants after watching Cooney knock down all those treys from distance last year :eek::eek::eek:

OK, quick - what are the new starting lineups & key rotations of those teams going to be? since, you know, watching them once or twice makes you an expert

jeesh, people on this board are so eager to find a reason to be insulted. I guess it is the wages of our Culture of Complaint

I know everyone is confident about our team but let's not get carried away. A good team is all about chemistry, our 96-97 returned 3 starters from the Final Four team a year before and a top recruit in Jason Hart. That team fell flat on its face and went 19-13 and didn't make the tournament. I'm not saying that is what will happen this year but let's wait to see the team chemistry before we jump to conclusions.

Well, part of that was on Jason Hart. His whole circumstances around arriving at Syracuse may have hurt the chemistry, along with the beating we took in the opening game against Kentucky. Hart was the ultimate pound-it-into-the-ground PG.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom