Gopher fan analysis of Cuse. LOL | Syracusefan.com

Gopher fan analysis of Cuse. LOL

cusetown1

Taxi Squad
syracuse will have a lineup of something like
PG: tyler enis, freshman, ranked #20 in the nation
SG: trevor cooney: junior, didnt do very much last year, top 100 player in HS
SF: CJ fair, averaged 14 PPG 7 RPG, easily their best player
PF:rakeem christmas, junior, didnt do much but top 25 in the nation in HS and averaged 1.8 BPG
C: Dajuan coleman, sophmore, top 15 recruit in the nation last year

CJ fair is their only solidified player from last year, everybody else did nothing last year but was highly touted in HS

No mention of Gbinije and Grant? Lol.

Here's another gem. "Put me in the boat of thinking Ennis will struggle to start off with. He's a true freshman running the point in the first month of his college career. The backcourt doesn't intimidate me one bit."

Here's another gem. "Put me in the boat of thinking Ennis will struggle to start off with. He's a true freshman running the point in the first month of his college career. The backcourt doesn't intimidate me one bit."

I can't wait to see their reaction when we beat them by 20.

I have to give them credit, at least a few of them.
http://www.forums.gopherhole.com/bo...04-Syracuse-it-is-in-Maui&p=731300#post731300
"Syracuse is going to have trouble with our backcourt just like we are going to have trouble with their depth in the frontcourt. May the best team win!"

At least they are aware of us, and some admit that the 2-3 scares them a bit.
http://www.forums.gopherhole.com/bo...04-Syracuse-it-is-in-Maui&p=731440#post731440
"If anyone as expectations that a down year for the Gophers is going to walk away with a victory against Syracuse you might want to check yourself. It will be a great barometer for a young coach on a big stage. But my expectations are not very high for next year. If we get hot we will have a great shot of shooting our way out of the zone, however, Syracuse is going to be long, athletic, and cause havoc for a team with a new coach, new scheme, and poor ball control. Hopefully we keep it competitive."

PF:rakeem christmas, junior, didnt do much but top 25 in the nation in HS and averaged 1.8 BPG

CJ fair is their only solidified player from last year, everybody else did nothing last year but was highly touted in HS

Grant and CJ might just run wild against this team. Gone are Rodney Williams and Mbakwe.
They have some size at the forward positions, but these are younger guys who haven't seen much run as underclassmen.
Whereas, between Fair, Grant and possibly Rak at the 4, we have been tested.

Still, the reverse can be said of our backcourt. Most minutes logged are coming from Cooney and Silent G who was played sparingly two seasons ago. But something tells me Gbinije is a perfect fit at the top of the zone. Ennis' defense is going to get an early test.

I know everyone is confident about our team but let's not get carried away. A good team is all about chemistry, our 96-97 returned 3 starters from the Final Four team a year before and a top recruit in Jason Hart. That team fell flat on its face and went 19-13 and didn't make the tournament. I'm not saying that is what will happen this year but let's wait to see the team chemistry before we jump to conclusions.

Stopped taking it seriously there lol

Ummm. With the exception of missing Grant's ability (easy to do from the outside looking in), that's a decent evaluation.

We have one proven option. The rest are a bunch of guys that were good in high school and that we hope are going to be good this year in college and also gel as a team.

I have no idea how good Minnesota is. Maybe an average game from our guys will blow their doors off but it doesn't change the fact that our guys are unproven. Sherm is right. Let's not get carried away. Especially as pertains to early-season success.

Other than beating them by 20 (which I think will happen), I don't see where anybody is getting "carried away" in this thread.

I know everyone is confident about our team but let's not get carried away. A good team is all about chemistry, our 96-97 returned 3 starters from the Final Four team a year before and a top recruit in Jason Hart. That team fell flat on its face and went 19-13 and didn't make the tournament. I'm not saying that is what will happen this year but let's wait to see the team chemistry before we jump to conclusions.

Yeah, I'm not sure (outside of the omissions and listing Trevor as a junior in athletic standing) there was one statement in the original post that was innacurate.

Yeah, I'm not sure (outside of the omissions and listing Trevor as a junior in athletic standing) there was one statement in the original post that was innacurate.
I heard that Grant kids pretty good.

I agree, that's why I said "outside of the omissions" (Grant, Silent G, even BMK)
Yeah i totally forgot to mention BMK. it was a poor evaluation still though.

Good point but our team has rediculous chemistry. Rediculous.

5 swingman lineup. 6'7 6'7 6'8 6'8 6'9
pg-Gbinije
sg-BJ
sf-Fair
PF-Roberson
C-Grant

Ground and pound lineup
Rak-low post with Dajuan midpost, CJ Ennis and Gbinije/Patterson to drive at will.

Defensive stud lineup
pg-Gbinje
Sg-Patterson
SF-Roberson
PF-Grant
C-Keita/Rak

isolation team be afraid of this best one yet 5 guys that specialize on getting by their man. That would make KJO and Triche Jealous.
pg-ennis
sg and sf- BJ, Gbinije, Patterson,Roberson
PF-CJ
C-Dajuan

slow it down lineup
PG-Cooney/Ennis better spot up shooter/zonebuster
SG-Gbinije
SF-CJ
PF-Rak low-
Center -Dajuan midpost.

Only weakness this team could have is patterson, Ennis, Gbinije, Roberson, Grant got to make some threes. We do that we have a starting 5 who can average around 60 and 2 solid scorers at forward and guard to come off the bench and score. And thats not counting Rak and Keitas points on top of it. We are that loaded. On paper we are talking a easily good chance to be above 80ppg not potential but fact. That probably won't happen because teams will take the air out of the ball because they absolutely cant hang with us fear our defense therefore need to cut down on possessions. We are Loaded.

The backcourt won't intimidate other teams one bit, at least not right now.

That's a fact. Not sure how you can disagree with it, unless your orange glasses are on.

It sounded to me like the Minny poster was predicting a starting line-up and giving a quick and dirty synopsis, not an exhaustive evaluation of the rotation. Nothing terribly offensive imo. We have our fair share of question marks.

The backcourt won't intimidate other teams one bit, at least not right now.

That's a fact. Not sure how you can disagree with it, unless your orange glasses are on.

Agreed. However, our backcourt also should not be dismissed. Like "we'll have the advantage in the backcourt"...they could be in for a rude awakening, thinking that.

Completely unproven at this level, but with a lot of talent and potential.

The Ennis point is a lot more legit than some of the other stuff in there

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom