Gopher fans | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Gopher fans

GophersOpenMouthStruggleFace.gif
Losers.

My favorite part of their thread are the complaints about the snow and cold. Uhhhhh...Hey, Gopher Fans, you live in the tundra of the North. Why are you complaining about cold and snow?
I can only assume it’s because they’d like an excuse to travel somewhere warm in late December even more than we would… which is saying something.

Prince would go to the local Chanhassen coffee shop & movie theater where locals basically just said hi or left him alone. He was a very short and obviously talented man (and quite the swordsman).

Quite the swordsman….. that’s what she said.

Gophers fan coming in peace! I promise to just make two posts tonight and then only respond to questions if you have them. I hate message board trolls. Just wanted to say congrats on your season and bowl selection and shed a little light on why Gophers fans are a little ornery about this placement, lol.
  1. You're right that Minnesota's resume wasn't really impressive this year, but for the 3rd time in 4 years they were 1 win away from playing the B1G Championship game...so a lot of fans are super disappointed and getting placed in NYC (which is perceived by most B1G fans as barely a notch above the Detroit game) is just the cherry on top.
  2. Minnesota has a long history of getting screwed in bowl placement. I don't think that happened this year at all -- the Pinstripe is about right and SU is a good opponent -- but I could write you all a novel about the times MN has gotten passed over -- including last year when 7-5 PSU (with a losing conference record) and both Iowa and Purdue (who MN beat head to head) went to better bowls. It happens about every year...so our automatic reaction at bowl selection time is outrage, lol.
  3. Some people would've liked an opponent MN hasn't played in a long time (or ever) rather than Syracuse who we've seen 3 times in recent memory. I know it's been a while since the last matchup, but we haven't played Pitt, Duke, or Wake Forest in the modern era that I'm aware of, and we last played NC St when Phillip Rivers was the QB lol.
So yeah, I don't think our disappointment has anything to do with Syracuse or our perceived chances of winning the game. Good luck. Great (and active) board you have here!
Ok Indy gopher , your fans first really big problem is they think Detroit and NYCity are similar.

Ok Indy gopher , your fans first really big problem is they think Detroit and NYCity are similar.
Like you guys, we've got all types on our board. If you've read that thread about the Pinstripe over there you'll see that we've got a few who think any trip to NYC is likely to include a mugging and stepping in human feces on the street lol. I personally love NYC, although I can't make the trip work this year due to some holiday plans. Seriously though, I don't know how the Pinstripe is perceived among ACC fan bases, but it's almost universally hated in the B1G. Sounds like the teams don't mind it, but fans routinely mock and deride whoever ends up there. I learned today that Minnesota is the first 8-4 B1G team to ever end up there. It's typically been a 6-6 team...

Maybe IndyGopher knows her?
That's a really funny meme and I saw that one of your posters even uses it as his avatar. I'm a happily married man and don't know this young lady, but in my younger days I might've liked to haha. FTR, my wife doesn't care at all about football and routinely tells me to "calm down" lol.

getting placed in NYC (which is perceived by most B1G fans as barely a notch above the Detroit game)
My personal opinion is that Gopher fans are just pi$$ed because Yankee stadium is where the Twins come to die everytime they make the playoffs. :p

Please let them know that NYC in late December is like Minneapolis in June. They can wear lederhosen to the game.

any trip to NYC is likely to include a mugging and stepping in human feces on the street lol.
Actually, NYC used to smell like urine but, with the legalization of marijuana, it now smells like pot.

We were in the city Friday night to see MJ and we all agreed that smelling like pot is a big improvement.

We can definitely arrange a mugging if anyone is interested.

Actually, NYC used to smell like urine but, with the legalization of marijuana, it now smells like pot.

We were in the city Friday night to see MJ and we all agreed that smelling like pot is a big improvement.

We can definitely arrange a mugging if anyone is interested.
:p:p:p we can arrange a mugging if anyone is interested. That is great. Could be the new slogan for NYC. Seriously, holidays in NYC are the best. Go see the store windows, the Xmas tree in Rock Center, and the ice skating rink. I used to work in Rockefeller Center. It is fabulous in December. And then take the SU arranged mugging tour.
Dear Syracuse fans who wanted a warmer client. 3 years after I graduated from Syracuse, and lived in Cuse for those 3 years, I moved to NYC for a job the 1st week of January. I never wore my winter coat that first year. It seriously was like I moved down south.

OMG The arrogance and ignorance in that thread over there is absolutely astounding, as our gopher friend here with some perspective alluded to.

Not only in terms of the social aspect, but even the football aspect with virtually no respect, but maybe from one or two posters. It reminds me of the same thing from back in 2013, and we know what happened in that bowl game, I expect the same here with the talent we have, and most everybody finally being healthy again.

Our history is as good, if not better than the gophers, the degree of ignorance I don’t think I’ve ever encountered or seen before with any other team fan board I’ve read.

I say this as a non-Democrat being Republican most of my life, the right wing media has these people absolutely delusionally insanely afraid of cities, lol.Combine this with all the dopey crime shows people watch these days and it apparently has the poor gopher fans all laughingly nerved up.

Being from New York with my most of my family still down there you get the real story. Mostly Media hype as with a camera in everyones pocket and everywhere else for that matter, providing video of every incident now like never before makes it feel more acute.

Ahh Whatever, let them live in their snow flake fear laden bubbles, simply can’t fix stupid. It makes beating programs like these all the sweeter. Go Cuse send the gophers back down their hole!

Last edited:
My personal opinion is that Gopher fans are just pi$$ed because Yankee stadium is where the Twins come to die everytime they make the playoffs. :p

Please let them know that NYC in late December is like Minneapolis in June. They can wear lederhosen to the game.
After reading through that thread over there, you are right

Beautiful state and Minneapolis is a great city.
As to famous people Minnesotans would say Herb B .
If both teams are healthy and key players decide to play i think we beat them by 14 or so.

There is a back and forth with rational fans and irrational fans over there. Thank god we never have that. One of them suggested that a real fan would take the day off from work and watch the game. The response was "I own the corporation..." Can one own a corporation?

There is a back and forth with rational fans and irrational fans over there. Thank god we never have that. One of them suggested that a real fan would take the day off from work and watch the game. The response was "I own the corporation..." Can one own a corporation?
yes, yes you can. quite easily.

OMG The arrogance and ignorance in that thread over there is absolutely astounding, as our gopher friend here with some perspective alluded to.

Not only in terms of the social aspect, but even the football aspect with virtually no respect, but maybe from one or two posters. It reminds me of the same thing from back in 2013, and we know what happened in that bowl game, I expect the same here with the talent we have, and most everybody finally being healthy again.

Our history is as good, if not better than the gophers, the degree of ignorance I don’t think I’ve ever encountered or seen before with any other team fan board I’ve read.

I say this as a non-Democrat being Republican most of my life, the right wing media has these people absolutely delusionally insanely afraid of cities, lol.Combine this with all the dopey crime shows people watch these days and it apparently has the poor gopher fans all laughingly nerved up.

Being from New York with my most of my family still down there you get the real story. Mostly Media hype as with a camera in everyones pocket and everywhere else for that matter, providing video of every incident now like never before makes it feel more acute.

Ahh Whatever, let them live in their snow flake fear laden bubbles, simply can’t fix stupid. It makes beating programs like these all the sweeter. Go Cuse send the gophers back down their hole!
Disco is alright. I enjoyed this post.

1670259893476.png

I just hope the Minnesota players are as put off having to play in NYC as are their fans. Both programs would have preferred a warm weather bowl, but we’ve had success in the pinstripe bowl and will again. The home of the Yankees brings us some needed good karma. We’ll be ready. LGO!!

I particularly like the guy who said he won't visit his own daughter in NYC.
NYC per capita is actually pretty safe for US standards. For example, out of the 100 largest American cities, the murder rate is 21st lowest. Minneapolis (58th) and St. Paul (39th) both have higher murder rates. I'm actually thinking of creating a username and password for that site so I can share that interesting tidbit with those Jerry Lundegaards.

Disco is alright. I enjoyed this post.

View attachment 222803

Yeah, NYC sucks - it's so crowded, nobody goes there anymore! ;)

This also could have been "tell us which Faux News station you watch, and what your political party is, without actually saying it. Stay in your basement."

There are a large number of, ahem, rural area residents who are convinced that every major coastal city is an apocalyptical hellscape of crime, trash, and whole swaths burning to the ground daily.

When I last visited NYC in early Oct, the only thing I noticed was, it seemed a little dirtier than in pre-pandemic times.
Not awful, just more unkempt than what I remembered from prior trips in.
None of us were the victims of any crimes, including my fraternity brother & his wife and family, who stayed in NYC for an entire week.

I seriously doubt that P5 football players would be in the least concerned for their safety in NYC - or anywhere.

I'll second whomever said that it now reeks of pot, not piss - so I'd call that an upgrade.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom